Super Robot Wars ∀: Deep Space IC Thread - Part 1: The Culmination

Nanami Touko

"I don't know for sure but that makes sense to me. There were lots of rooms down there. It could be a good place to start at least? If that's what you want to do..." She stuck her hands into the hoodie pocket, fiddling nervously with the small coins she found inside. Hopefully they would find the XO soon.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was good to see the captain enjoying herself for a change, and piloting the Riese had nothing to do with it. It sounded like Brant's odds of getting an audience had gone up considerably, but it was no sure thing just yet. "Mind? Of course not," he smiled. Brant still didn't want to drive anywhere, since getting a good walk in aboard the Riese was akin to pacing awkwardly about the ship for several hours. Christina wanted to come, too, which was fortunate since--wait a minute. "It's still out? Huh ..." Maybe something on the Riese's end was damaged. Not his area of expertise regardless. "Might want to see if one of the mechanics can sort that out, later."

As for being lucky, as the captain put it, Brant could agree with that. "Funny how things work out. Are you all fine with getting in some exercise along the way or am I going to be running alongside a rental?" he joked. Admittedly exercise wouldn't be ideal for Kim's arm, but just walking shouldn't be an issue.

"No shopping centers near the training base?" asked Melissa with a perplexed look on her mind. Surely he had time off and had not spent his life growing in a test tube? Outside of people living out in the wilds all their lives most people at least knew some of that stuff from being kids and dragged along on trips, right?

"Wait, you mean... You have never been to a shopping center before at all?" she said with a small bit of surprise. "Well, I... Erm. Honestly I am not too far away from you there. I mean, I know what teens are expected to like doing, shopping for clothes, visiting various stores, and the like, but I never actually did that. But, hey... ummm... I got some money in my account so why don't we go get something to eat? I'll treat." she said before pointing to the baby chicken dining area. "The big 'M' has some good food as well, but I've never had the chance to really their food, so you want to try?"

It seemed that Jess flipped a switch all of the sudden, storming out of the room, still in her pajamas and clearly not quite prepared to face the day past the hallway, her hair a mess and having done nothing to try and tone down the appearance of having cried the night away. She then began to shout to the heavens, making a bit of a fool out of herself, though perhaps that was just the sort of thing she needed to get out of her rut.

And she would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for that meddling Brant and his day plans! It seems he was going out to the Colony, and was putting together a bit of an ensemble, with first Jessica, and then Christina as well, moving to tag along. When Kim herself came up, along with her arm, she stepped out of Jessica's room just as the Captain herself re-entered to change and prepare herself.

"Depend exercise. Walk fine, jostle arm running bad idea. Not fuss either way." Seung-Min noted, turning towards Christina as she came into view, giving her a light smile and a wave.

"Thank bring to room last night, Chrissy. Much appreciate."

The surreal representative of the chicken themed establishment probably would have frightened Tarquin a few years prior, but if anything it was more confusing to his current mentality. Would the eyes and face make people want to eat it more? Tarquin was certain that if any of the food he had been give still had eyes attached, he'd be considering alternative means of keeping himself fed. Did people really have that much choice in where they could eat, to the extent where individual places needed to try and convince people to choose them instead of their rivals?

Melissa's responses were more important matters though, she seemed surprised by his responses. Was it really that abnormal to never have visited one? He had managed to obtain key information on what teenagers did though and first hand from a supposedly normal person. He'd never bought clothes before, but it made sense to combine recreation with a more practical objective.

"Never, I was... privately educated so it was very rare that I had free time. My Professor said it was important to be as productive as possible." Tarquin replied, again trying to manipulate the truth so he appeared less like a biological weapon of destruction. "I think it's a little early to eat, it hasn't been long since I ate breakfast. Is there somewhere we could visit in the meantime?"

Clothes Clothes Clothes...

"Lessee..." What was casual enough and yet nice enough to still look... In charge, in a sense. Jess let the other three hash out their travel plans as she rummaged through her dresser, pulling out a hat, a strap shirt (that would rest just beneath her shoulders), some pink leggings and... You know what, let's wear a skirt today. Just, be a teenage girl. Go out into the colony and have a good time. "Alright, gonna go get dressed and make sure my hair's not gross. Gimme like, ten minutes, tops." Jess disappeared into the adjoined bathroom with her pile of clothes, and got to work making that bedhead less of one.

Meanwhile, Christina was second guessing her asking to come along, as it seemed they were going to be walking. All the way to Bismarck. "That's a pretty long walk... If you all want to walk, it'd be selfish of my to try and force a car ride. I'll stretch the legs and have at the pavement for a bit. And no problem, Kim~ You're looking a lot better, out of that tank. Does your arm still hurt? I thought Megumi had patched you all up, but I guess it still has to rest for a bit... Well, the light in the colony's artificial, but it'll be good to get some sun on you and some fresh, processed air." She giggled, tapping her shoes against the floor. Finally getting off of the Riese, huh...

Better Than Nothing

"Sounds like a decent place to start. Let's go." Olivia nodded and wandered over to the elevator to wait for it to call, glancing back at Val's pocket fiddling. "There's nothing to be nervous over. We're just going to talk to the second in command to get work. Seems pretty standard." Or maybe it's me. It's probably me... Oh well. We can ignore each other if we never end up talking. I'm here for the work more than her, even if she's part of it... So we'll have to see. The elevator's ding brought her out of her thoughts, stepping on and making room for Val.

"Next stop, bottom floor."

Val glanced over at Olivia as she commented on the fiddling and followed her into the elevator. "It's just... just a habit. I have things to fiddle with. That's all. Plus it's not every day you try and join a military ship. Not like I've had a ton of jobs either. So this will be what it will be, even if it makes me nervous. Just have to hope that the Doctor knows what she's talking about." It's not about her, not about her. Just nervous about the job.

"Feel okay, bit dull pain now again, not major." Seung-Min replied as Christina asked of her arm, giving Jessica a nod as she asked for a few minutes to change, looking down at her own attire as she thought about it... fine for casually lounging about, perhaps not the best for going out to the Colony...

"Chrissy, think can help change? Not best clothes go out in. Could do self, but might take while, don't want hold up."

Dressed to Impress

"That's good... Oh, sure! Kinda hard to change with one arm, huh. Give us a sec, Brant." Chrissy hopped over and sat waiting in front of Kim's door, wondering what the previous pop star had in mind for casual attire. Is there something wrong with what she has on right now? Does she think her shorts are too short? Hmm... No idea.

Going Down

"Don't worry, Val. I remember." Hmm... "I've done plenty of fiddling too, haven't I?" Wonder how she still feels about all of that. Guess the elevator is a decent place to find out. Would Val react amusingly or simply calmly? "I suppose a military ship is exciting, but it's all work, to me."

Edited by Nanami Touko

Val turned bright red and suddenly found the floor to be extremely interesting. Why did I think any of this was a good idea? It's not like staying on the colony would be the end of the world. Sure children suck, but you'd move on eventually. Maybe even get off the colony. But no. Just had to go for the interesting job. Ugh... She quietly mumbled, "I... Yeah. Uhm. Anyways. Yeah military ship. It's different. And better than dealing with kids all day."

Walking over to her own door to let Christina in, Seung-Min stepped in after her, closing the door behind the both of them. She immediately started off to the closet, pulling out a few items. Frayed denim shorts replaced the gym shorts she was currently wearing, and her loose top was replaced with a sporty tank top, and a small accompanying vest to go atop it. A pair of long socks would complete the ensemble. Having set the selected items on the bed, Kim turned over to Christina as she began to undress.

"Basic all need do is whatever can't reach. Should be okay aside."

Dressup

"Cute clothes~ And sure, sure... So... What can't you reach?" Christina distracted herself by staring at Kim's clothes, waiting for an answer. What was so much different from what she was wearing, right now? It was just more shorts, though the vest and socks were different. Maybe it was a fashion thing? Christina was comfy in her sweater, and comfy mattered more to her than fashion, but every girl was different. She grabbed the tank top, as she figured, even without an answer, Kim would have the most trouble with her shirt. Lacking an arm would make fiddling with that area annoying!

Awkwardvator

Olivia would've needed the world's best poker face to not laugh there, even just a little bit. "Right... Didn't take you for a babysitter. Besides," let's see how far I can push this, "a military ship's probably better. You've always been good at listening to orders." Olivia had to turn away and hide her smile, covering her mouth with a hand to avoid laughing. This felt childish-- it was childish, but she couldn't resist poking fun at her.

"Most just shirt, anything get out of reach. Should obvious." Seung-Min replied, slipping out of her shirt from her good side, until she had gotten it over and around, slipping it down her sling and off, grabbing it with her good hand and tossing it over towards the wash. Once it was taken care of, she turned her sling towards Christina, who had already grabbed the tank top.

"Go ahead."

That certainly had caused Val to lose the staring contest she had been having with the floor. A quiet indignant squeak slipped out as she whipped her head up to glare at Olivia, cheeks a bright flaming red. "I don't... That's not something we need to talk about. Ever. Just... Drop it, ok? I don't need your teasing or... or anything. I just want to do this job. So just... stop." Thankfully the elevator dinged as she finished her small rant, and she was able to quickly turn away and attempt to regain some sort of composure again.

Famous

Wow, Kim's pretty comfy with just taking her shirt off... I've only known her for a day. Well, I guess that makes sense. She is used to changing in front of other girls.

Now was as good a time as any, right? "So... How many people are lucky enough to see the lead of Femme Formation without a shirt on?" Christina figured a good joke to break that ice would make it less awkward. She started sliding the tank top over Kim's sling right away, not wanting to hang on that note.

Push Buttons

The elevator dinged and the doors opened, leaving Val and Olivia free to walk out. "I thought you said we needed to talk?" Olivia rebutted with, still smirking from her almost laughter. "I can give it a break in the jokes, at least. Though for someone so upset, you sure are red... Lead on, to jobs."

"And if you recall, I took that back. It was a mistake to say in the first place. I don't need to talk to you and I don't need you." She stormed out of the elevator and made it a few feet down the hall before stopping. She had no idea where the XO would be staying. Sure there were names by all the occupied rooms but she didn't actually know the name of the XO... And she couldn't exactly just ask Olivia after that whole explosion.

Thankfully, there was a man standing in the hallway. Walking up to him, she managed to calmly talk to him as if she hadn't just exited the elevator yelling. "Excuse me, do you know where the XO's room is? I was told to talk to her or the Captain about permanently joining the medbay staff and uh we thought that she might be less busy?"

Edited by scorri

Seung-Min froze for a moment as Christina brought up one particular bit of her past, pausing afterwards before slipping the tank top on the rest of the way. Taking a second to compose herself, she gave a quick shake of her head.

"Surprise you know. Well, not hide really, not that strange. One wrong though, not lead. Join military before get front in song. As question, group member before show, before practice, academy roommate, you, ex... creep guy dorm across catch with binocular few week into first year... think that it." She replied nonchalantly after having composed herself, reaching her good arm down to her shorts as she pulled them down below her waist, before shaking them down to her ankles and kicking them away. Curse not having full range of motion. Looking over expectantly at Christina, she waited for her impromptu assistant to grab the next article of clothing.

There was little for Brant to do while he waited for Jessica and Seung-Min to change for the outing, so he opened his duffel bag, still holding it at his side, and made sure he still had what he needed--and a few things he probably wouldn't--for the trip. Material samples? Check. Hard drive? Check. Printer? Check. Two of his computer's monitors--part time tablets? Check. Water? Check. A project log file hundreds of times larger than the space available on the earliest computers? Check. He hadn't forgotten anything that was actually supposed to be in the bag. His wallet and other essentials were being kept on his person.

Before the others returned, a woman approached him, asking where the XO's room was. Brant only recalled that it ought to be close by the captain's, at first. He could have pointed it out instantly if he wasn't always trying to tune out his sense of others. "Well the captain's actually not that busy, right now ... if it makes a difference. The XO's room should be one of these ... ah right, that one." Brant pointed out the door directly across from his own room.

XO

"Don't lie to people, Brant!" Jess barked out of her bathroom, "I still don't have a shirt on!"

Olivia had managed to stay smiling despite the cutting remarks from Val, and showed up as Jess made her call from the room, wondering if there were any implications to be made between the captain and this man. It was tempting, but also too easy, so she let it be. "So that's the XO's room? Alright. Let's see, then..."

No hesitation as she pressed the ringer on the XO's door, waiting for a response over the intercom.

Lead

"Oh... You weren't? Huh... Well, I only said anything because I saw that poster, and you were on the front of it... Were there plans for that before you joined the ANF?" Huh, shorts now? ...At least act embarrassed, you're way to composed about dropping clothes in front of someone else. "Ex too, huh? Had a boyfriend in the academy? Lucky guy." Christina smiled and tried not to be bothered; Kim wasn't, so if she got awkward, that'd make Kim awkward too. She grabbed the new shorts and brought them over, going down to one knee.

"Alright. Legs in, then start wiggling. I guess I'm putting your socks on too... Geez, how long did it take you to even get clothes on before? I can't even imagine working into things with only one good arm... I mean, at least it's your dominant arm? I don't actually know if you're left or right handed." It would suck, either way.

Edited by Nanami Touko

Got Places to Go

"Anybody left?" Makoto wasn't sure what she was trying to do, judging by her looks, she didn't seem to be with any reconstruction effort people. Why was she looking for people that were left behind? Uh, it's been almost a day since the attack ended, are there still people missing? "Are you with the relief forces, miss?" He had to ask just in case, but he wasn't particularly convinced. "Most people should have evacuated yesterday... I don't know if some people got trapped, but the relief effort should be out looking for those, right?" It's been about over half a day since the attack has been dealt with, it couldn't be that bad now.

"Oh, yeah, I'm going to that ANF ship that's by the docks!" He recalled, raising his arm towards the docks, "My mother's there, on the medbay. I wasn't allowed to see her during the night, so I went home... I should really have gone to a shelter, but I was missing home." He scratched the back of his head, chuckling. It probably sounded silly, but there was no place like home, as they said.

Sure as a Pillow

Of course she wouldn't have her peace. Shortly after deciding to try to read the news for that day, Roxanna could hear a shout from outside her room, groaning. She couldn't gather what was said, but she knew who that voice belonged to. Great, she's already up. Suddenly laying down and diving her face on a pillow felt much more attractive an option for right now. Roxanna had no intention of crossing paths with the pipsqueak just yet.

Roxanna groaned again, the doorbell rang. Is this Jessica? She really wasn't up to dealing with the pipsqueak now, getting out of her bed felt like an herculean effort. "Coming..." She sighed, voice already as if she were extremely tired. Taking her time, she slowly brought her hand to unlock and open her door. Thankfully, the person she met wasn't the captain.

"Oh, hello... I don't think I ever got your name." Who was this one again? One of the Doctor's assistants... the volunteers Tristan sent a message about? There was also Brant just nearby too, on a cursory glance. Now what is he doing here?

Elaine shook her head. "Nah, I'm not with any relief effort, but I just wanted to see if I could help out." Still, it sounds like people don't really need me...Well, maybe not. She looked back towards where the Riese was. She didn't recall any civilians being brought to the med bay, but then again yesterday was a bit...intense for her. She turned around just in time for the kid's little joke, and it got a little chuckle out of her. "Yeah, I know what you mean..." She hadn't been home in a while either. ...Of course, she hadn't been to her actual home in many years... "You said you're going to the ANF ship? I can take ya there. Hop on." She motioned with her head for him to get on the bike. "Name's Elaine, by the way. Elaine Hedrick." She didn't mention she was an ANF pilot, if only to give him a surprise when he got there. After all, heroes don't give away their secret identity immediately, did they? ...She was really obsessing over that...

"Poster, huh. Song change when recruit, group found old version of poster, sign and send. Not matter anymore, really." Kim replied, as she got into the new pair of shorts with Christina's help. She could have mentioned one small correction to her assessment, but Christina was already feeling embarrassed, there was no need to chime in that it hadn't been a boyfriend at all...

"Am right, is fine. Is reason was wearing loose, easy get on clothes. Still, don't want go around town in gym short and such loose top... speak of, might be bit warm in colony for sweater, sure don't want find something else?"

Yeah, That Way!

"Oh, you sure?" Makoto recalled something about hopping onto a stranger's bike... but this Elaine seemed trustworthy, probably. What was she gonna be? Some criminal that broke out of jail? Pffft. "Thanks! I'm Makoto, Makoto Watanabe!" He saluted, "You know what way the port is?" From the way she spoke, she probably did, but he just wanted to make sure, as he hopped onto the motorbike.

Sergeant's Questions

"Ah, about yesterday, huh?" The officer nodded, "Makes sense, well, were you part of the crew that fended them off? They did seem to be focusing one facility." Officer Carlson brought a hand to his chin, "Though whether they have taken information... I'd need to get back to you on that later, they haven't been able to check the place properly." He sighed, "I know we identified the hostage they took, though, Doctor Watanabe from the military R&D Department. Head scientist for current space travel development projects, though I heard he used to be in charge of mobile suit beam weaponry projects before that. Maybe that's a lead." Their guess were as good as his.

"Of course. I actually came from the port, believe it or not." She said, nodding at Makoto. "I can get you there quickly if ya want, but it might be a bumpy ride, so hold on tight." With that, she placed her helmet back on and scooted over a bit to make some room for the kid. All the while, she was still trying to piece together where she might have heard him from. Of course, she wouldn't be able to focus on that while she was driving at high speeds, so she was trying to think on it now. In the end, she didn't come up with anything. Maybe it'll come back to me.

He got on, and with a quick U-turn, they were off. She was going at slightly faster speeds than she was when she tried to get to the west part of the colony, if only because she had a slightly farther distance to travel. Though she was careful not to through the kid off, she felt him holding on to her. He also felt her sitting on her jacket, which wasn't exactly making her feel comfortable. Of course, such was the consequences of bringing it along in the first place.

The two quickly arrived at their destination, as Elaine parked right at the entrance of the docks, locking the bike with her code so that no one stole it. Letting the kid get off, she removed her helmet once more, got off the bike, and placed it on one of the handles. Nobody's gonna steal just a helmet, She thought. That'd just be stupid. "Alright, here we are. Come on, I'll show you inside." She said, motioning with her hand for him to follow.

Edited by Dandragon

Thorvald was coming back from the indoor pool, hair still a little damp and his towel hanging around his neck. He'd already showered off and changed into a dark grey tee and matching gym shorts, but since it was still a pretty convenient way to carry it, that's how he usually did it. The nice, early morning swim had been just what the doctor ordered as far as working out a bit of stiffness and soreness that had built up from yesterday's activities, and did wonders as far as starting the day off right. He'd already seen the message informing the crew about their free day, but Roxanna's personal one had not arrived before he'd headed out in the morning, though he was apt to see it soon enough as he stopped back into his room for a quick spell to line up what he wanted to get done during the rest of his day. Their hallway had become a little bit crowded, but not overly so. Brant was standing around outside his room, right next to Thorvald's, while the couple of helpers from the infirmary last night were just across the way. He smiled and waved with the hand not carrying his gym bag as he approached.

Edited by Balcerzak