Your Favorite/Least Favorite Class Revamp and Designs?!

There's been a topic like this already, I can feel it, but It should be nice to hear everyone out again.

Favorite Designs:

-Both Berserker Designs. Helmet aside, I like how big and intimidating they look. The pelt around the waste was also a nice touch. The female one has the same effect as the male one, even though the females don't get super buff.

-The Paladin Designs. No pants aside, I like the fancy style of the armor they wear. The horses also look nice and fancy. And those finishing animations... Those finishing animations man.

-The Snipers, mainly because I like the hunter inspired look they have, which fits for a bow wielding class.

Favorite Revamps:

-Berserkers. I love me some crits, and I'm glad that they got that back.

-Dark Knights. The adjustments made them fit better.

I don't think I have a least favorite, but I think that the Ninja/Dread Fighter class's animations are meh.

Fave designs:

Both Heroes: I love the simplicity and how they genuinely look like promoted Heroes in Fates

Awakening Berserker:I like the pirate vibe it gives off

Both Dread Fighters: I LOVE the ninja-inspired look

Fates Paladin: Am I the only one who thinks it looks like a traditional Samurai?

Edited by CountessGardy

Least favorite: Dark Mages/Sorcerers. As if spandex wasn't bad enough already, they decided to make it worse.

actually any class that shows unnecessary skin(Fighters, Diviners, etc.) are my least favorites.

Favorite: Master of Arms, Swordmaster, Great Master.

Edited by singularity

I don't think I've ever liked Fighter's design in FE except in Tellius. Berserker's alright, I feel it looks better on the girls, but fighter is just awful all around.

Hero, on the other hand, is great. More Hero pls. Oni is also very my tastes. Oni is how to do a fightery design right. Wyvern line is pretty great, as are Great Master, Dread Fighter, and Master Ninja.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Least favorite: Fighter, Diviner

Favorite: Hero, Bow Knight, Wyvern Rider

I think the wyvern rider animation after you win is cute, especially for females. The wyvern did a good job.

My favorite design has to go to the Adventurer, Basara, Hero, and Kinshi Knight classes. They just look awesome, especially the generic heroes.

Least favorite has to be the Dark Mage and Diviner classes. How can any guy besides Hayato can be comfortable wearing a jacket that would barely cover your nipples or a spandex outfit leading to your crotch? At least female diviners get a crop top, though a buttcrack sight is more than enough. Female dark mages are just..... No. I guess every magic user has to sacrifice their dignity to the dark arts.

But the generic mage users are packing some muscle and abs under those stripper clothes....

I really like what they did to Swordmasters. In Awakening they were very eh, not having much of an advantage over Heroes, who were stronger, had Axe access, and could be faster than Swordmasters if given good speed mods.

Design wise, I much prefer Fates Snipers over Awakenings.

In terms of what I don't like, Falcon Knights look a little bulky in Fates compared to Awakening.

And in terms of the class itself, I don't like what they did to Dark Fliers. Not in the sense that I hate the class itself, but they locked Speed +2 and Rally Movement to a class that I don't feel motivated to get that many units to become. I mean they aren't exactly good skills, but early game they are neat enough.

I haven't played Tellius, but Nephenee makes sentinels look good. Wish we had their design instead of spear masters.

I prefer awakening assassins over fate's ninjas in aesthetic and balance (shurikens too stronk).

I preferred awakening's designs, and animations of myrmidon, swordmaster, and hero.

Above all else, I want a 3d adaption of generals from GBA games.

Favorites

-I love the Hero and Bow Knight designs, especially compared to how ugly they were in Awakening.

-Dark Fliers also look really good.

Least Favorite

-Great Knights are over-designed messes and look awful.

-While they don't look bad per se, most of the Hoshido classes fall into the same problem of being over-designed.

-Dark Mages and Sorcerers still look dumb.

Favorites

-I love the Hero and Bow Knight designs, especially compared to how ugly they were in Awakening.

-Dark Fliers also look really good.

Least Favorite

-Great Knights are over-designed messes and look awful.

-While they don't look bad per se, most of the Hoshido classes fall into the same problem of being over-designed.

-Dark Mages and Sorcerers still look dumb.

I agree with all of these. ^^

My new favorites:

• Butler and maid look awesome
  • The Nohr noble looks cool--just wish the female version had pants/shorts/a skirt. And I wish both had boots.
  • Azura's design is super pretty, though I wish her battle animations were cooler.
  • Shrine maidens are pretty, and I like the ability to use bows.

The "I like the new designs a lot, but there are old ones I prefer" list:

• The new Pegasus/Sky Knight design's design is nicer than Awakening's (armor was awkward to look at... the girl generals still have it in Fates, but it's less noticeable), but they don't beat the 6-10's pegasus knights.
  • Spear masters also look cool (particularly Oboro), but the promotions look a bit clunky to me.
  • All the samurai look great and the designs really fit them, but as a whole I like other swordsmasters' designs better.

My least favorite designs are definitely the dark mage and sorcerer classes. The mechanist class is also quite ugly to me, even if its useful. It's not a particular class revamp, but I particularly loathe the exclusion of light magic in this game and Awakening.

Who needs light magic when you have Missiletainn?

I like the Swordmaster design. It looks epic, especially when they dual wield certain katanas. Their crit animation with a single Katana looks hilarious XD

The only design that comes to mind that I don't like that much is the Spear Master. I mean... what's with the flag? I know that some soldiers in feudal Japan carried similar flags around, but it still looks a bit silly, to be honest.

I'm also not a fan of the falcon knight and cavalier designs, generally any mounted unit that isn't on a Wyvern or an awesome bird (a.k.a. Kinshi-Knight) looks a bit underwhelming (sans Great Knight, which is overdesigned as it was stated above), to be honest.

Radiant Dawn had the coolest mounted unit designs up until now, in my opinion, especially in terms of Pegasus and Falcon Knights.

I really like the new Malig Knight class, though. That zombie-fied wyvern gives me the creeps and I love it!

At least they did away with the tin can look of the Knight and General classes, so that's a plus.

Gameplay-wise, I think that the Master of Arms class is a bit underwhelming. It's a Great Knight without a horse and without weaknesses, but that's about it. Aside from maybe a higher Defence, I don't see anything that would put this class above the Swordmaster (Seal Strength is a useful skill, though).

It's kinda like the Gryphon Knight in Awakening, which was also nearly pointless, since you had Berserker, Wyvern Lord and (maybe) Hero as adequate Axe users already.

I also really love the Kitsune, Nine Tails, Wolfskin and Wolfssegner (Ulfhedin-Alpha in German, funnily enough, since Wolfssegner already is a German word.), both gameplay-wise and design wise. Design wise, I would put the Nine Tails slightly above the Wolfssegner, but it is only by a small margin.

And of course both Hoshidan Noble and Nohrian Noble, especially the latter. It looks positively epic (the dragon form, as well.)

Edited by DragonFlames

I don't really like the Knights/Generals, Paladins/Great Knights or Spear Masters. I wish they'd go back with the armor used by Generals in Sacred Stones. Not to mention those battle animations were epic! I like PoR Paladin designs way better, as well as their attack animations... Great Knights are just...a lil much. I can't stand the flag used by Spear Masters. I love the class, but hate the design. Swordmasters look pretty good in my opinion. Falcon Knights are meh and Kinshi Knights I think look pretty cool. Mercenaries/Heroes always look great. Berserkers/Fighters are alright; females look better than males as Berserkers though. The Oni/Blacksmith is pretty cool. I find the huge gauntlet on Blacksmith to be a bit much though. I feel the Master of Arms is lacking. Looks too similar to the Swordmaster (minus armor), but attack animations are thankfully different and I like it. I love Great Master because it makes me think of a Tengu. Priestess isn't bad looking aside from the shield that clips into the bow all the time. If they had switched which arm the shield was on, it might have looked better.

As for the magic classes...I don't really like any of them. Dark Knights, Malig Knights and Strategists, though hybrids, are probably the only decent looking classes that use magic, aside from the Witch class. the rest just looks stupid to me. Lets not forget the stupid attack animations from tomes. Scroll attack animations are cool, so long as its an Onmyoji doing the attack. the Witch's attack animations I don't think are too bad..not swinging around a book or a scroll to conjure a spell just looks better to me. Grandmaster looks like the Awakening model which I'm okay with. Still disliking their attack animations though.

for those that use bows or other mainly ranged weapons, Sniper is by far my favorite! the ninja's don't look too bad. I'm just not crazy about the whole being covered in spikes deal. Adventurers look pretty dumb with the bow like cape they got going on. I don't mind outlaw though. Bow knights look good, better than before. Dreadfighters look very similar to how they did in Awakening but I do like the extra few details they added to the design; I just hate the animations and wish they'd have kept magic on the class. Maids/Butlers are cool. Definitely different but I like the idea. Mechanist, and Merchants/Apothecaries as well as Villagers just don't sit well with me...If they had gone with a different idea than using the doll as a mount for the Mechanist, it might have worked. the Merchants are goofy in their attack animations (I like the outfit though) and the Apothecaries/Villagers look like they have back problems and shake way too much.

The two Noble classes are cool, cept I find it dumb they lacking boots or something to walk in. I absolutely can't stress how much I hate the dragon form...to me, it looks ridiculous. plus it doesn't have a range of 1-2? it runs off magic so why shouldn't it have the same range as everything else that runs off magic? the DLC classes I didn't mention above...I don't mind the Ballistician class design. Attack animations are kinda cool. Vanguard is of course, epic. Lodestar is one of my favorites and so is Great Lord. Dark Falcon isn't too bad. Oh! and I love the Kitsune and think the Wolfskins are kinda meh. I like them better as unpromoted cause big, black and purple wolves just seem...weird.

Okay I think I got all classes covered and got all that off my chest. lol

Seriously? I don't understand how that can possibly bother you, much less ruin the entire design by itself.

I do admit saying it ruins the whole design is a bit exaggerated, and while they're not as bad as male Sorcs(they're the worst offenders), I thought it's just plain unnecessary.

Purely Design-wise:

Favourites: Adventurer, Bow Knight (only playable ones though: the enemy units have those slightly ugly helmets), Hero, Spear Master, Witch, Falcon Knight, Maid, Butler

Least Favourites: Sorcerer (Odin's custom pallete is fine though), Dread Fighter, Female Paladin, Male Berserker

Favorite Designs:

I really like the Kinshi Knights. They are beautiful. Also, Witches and most of the Hoshidan classes actually.

Least Favorites: Fighters, also Paladins and Generals for their lack of female booty coverage. This bothers me in a number of other classes (for example: White and Nohr Noble for girls), but they have at least something else about their design that I like.

Dread Fighters are rather underwhelming. I found their animations in Awakening really cool, and it sucks that they just pasted the ninja animations on them in Fates. Also I don't really like the Nohr Noble outfit for females.

As for ones I like, I really love the way Mercenaries/Heroes look, as well as Malig Knights and Swordmasters.

LOVE the new Bow Knight design. As my favourite class I've always wanted them to get this class right for my Avatar and with this game (and the buff in bows) it is awesome.

Also Nohr Noble outfit is awesome

Like:

Generals.

I love how they revamped the class to be really strong and actually useful. Still not a fan of the giant armor.

Design wise, I really like the new mounted classes. All the mounted classes (except possibly mechanist) look way better this time around.

Dislike:

Dread Fighters.

They looked way better in Awakening, and I don't like what they did with the class. Hidden weapons are ok, but they don't make up for the loss of tomes. Dread Fighter was a cool class in Awakening that looked good and brought in a much needed speedy caster that was great for balanced growth. By switching to Hidden weapons instead of tomes, they are basically a ninja that can use axes. In Awakening the skills for Dread Fighters were OP (Damage + 10 and Res +10? yes please), but the class itself wasn't. I'm glad to see aggressor got dropped to +7, but the rest of the skills don't seem that great. I'm only about halfway through my first playthrough, so maybe Even Keel, Iron Will, and Clarity will end up being better than they look on paper. I really miss the versatility this class brought to strategies in Awakening.

Favorite designs: Berserkers look amazing here despite the helmet which is a nitpick.

I love the paladin design, especially for the generics, they look like roman soldiers.

Same thing with the heroes, the enemy hero looks like a superhero to me.

Least fav designs: Dark Mage/Sorcerer. Its basically fire emblem's version of magic mike