My attempt at Nohr!Hard

Leif

A good way to proof against RNG screwage is to get some good rally bots. Switching Camilla to wyvern lord long enough to get rally defense will help, and passing that down to her kid will help too. That's another reason why switching Jakob to strategist is a good idea. As for the other rally skills...

Laslow, as I said, makes an absolutely amazing rally bot and is well worth the investment it takes to do it:

Marry him to either Azura or Selena (I picked Azura since it's best for Azura to marry somebody who doesn't need a pair-up partner) and get him an A+ with Keaton, then have him promote to bow knight, switch to falcon knight at level 5, then switch to berserker at level 8, then switch to Mechanist at level 11 so that by level 15 he'll have rally skill, rally speed, rally strength and replicate. He's AMAZING.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A good way to proof against RNG screwage is to get some good rally bots. Switching Camilla to wyvern lord long enough to get rally defense will help, and passing that down to her kid will help too. That's another reason why switching Jakob to strategist is a good idea. As for the other rally skills...

Laslow, as I said, makes an absolutely amazing rally bot and is well worth the investment it takes to do it:

Marry him to either Azura or Selena (I picked Azura since it's best for Azura to marry somebody who doesn't need a pair-up partner) and get him an A+ with Keaton, then have him promote to bow knight, switch to falcon knight at level 5, then switch to berserker at level 8, then switch to Mechanist at level 11 so that by level 15 he'll have rally skill, rally speed, rally strength and replicate. He's AMAZING.

Yeah that sounds good. Unfortunately, Kaze is going to marry Azura. However, I guess I can make Laslow marry Azura since I'm about to start chapter 11. I just wonder how possible it would be for me to get all those skills on him by chapter 20 or 23.

Yeah that sounds good. Unfortunately, Kaze is going to marry Azura. However, I guess I can make Laslow marry Azura since I'm about to start chapter 11. I just wonder how possible it would be for me to get all those skills on him by chapter 20 or 23.

I got all of those skills on him before starting chapter 23, and he had all three of the rally skills by the end of chapter 21 as long as you're good about organizing the units you use into shippable pairs. Of course once you get rally speed on him you'll notice the utility immediately and then it'll just keep getting better.

Also, again, Selena will also give him Falcon Knight if you want Kaze to marry Azura. But if you're doing that to give her replicate, heads up: replica Azura can't sing.

I had 3 magic users as well and I still found Leo a niche to occupy. That niche being a reliable magic tank. Brynhildr's effect+magic seal+Leo's high res growth made him the vanguard of the deal with mages squad.

UPDATE:

Completed Sophie's paralogue after Silas and Selena married in Chapter 12. I had to reset once due to Camilla getting RNG screwed and dying to an Outlaw (because those damn villagers took up SO much space on that little inlet that Camilla had no where to park her keister). Selena!Sophie is garbage so she'll be benched. I went to Sophie's paralogue only to get the rewards at the end and to get more support points plus EXP. Glad that chapter is over with. It's one of the top 5 worst paralogues in the Fates game for sure. Niles and Camilla married so devil spawn's Nina's paralogue is up next. Laslow and Azura will be at B support by the conclusion of Nina's paralogue.

I am afraid to say that I won't be able to get Ignatius AND Midori. Niles is functioning better than Kaze and has S rank support bonuses too. I would have to marry Kaze with Peri (who is SO bad) to get Midori, but I don't have the unit slots available. So Kaze and Peri will be benched for good. I'll still try and get Siegbert and Forrest. Is it bad that I won't be getting Midori? I'll be missing out on the Dragon Herb reward.

Corrin is will hopefully promote by the next chapter as well as Elise. Odin, Mozu and Effie are not too far off as well. I want them all to promote at lv. 20 so they get the most bang for their buck.

Edited by Leif

UPDATE:

Completed Sophie's paralogue after Silas and Selena married in Chapter 12. I had to reset once due to Camilla getting RNG screwed and dying to an Outlaw (because those damn villagers took up SO much space on that little inlet that Camilla had no where to park her keister). Selena!Sophie is garbage so she'll be benched. I went to Sophie's paralogue only to get the rewards at the end and to get more support points plus EXP. Glad that chapter is over with. It's one of the top 5 worst paralogues in the Fates game for sure. Niles and Camilla married so devil spawn's Nina's paralogue is up next. Laslow and Azura will be at B support by the conclusion of Nina's paralogue.

I am afraid to say that I won't be able to get Ignatius AND Midori. Niles is functioning better than Kaze and has S rank support bonuses too. I would have to marry Kaze with Peri (who is SO bad) to get Midori, but I don't have the unit slots available. So Kaze and Peri will be benched for good. I'll still try and get Siegbert and Forrest. Is it bad that I won't be getting Midori? I'll be missing out on the Dragon Herb reward.

Corrin is will hopefully promote by the next chapter as well as Elise. Odin, Mozu and Effie are not too far off as well. I want them all to promote at lv. 20 so they get the most bang for their buck.

Am I the only person who doesn't hate Sophie's Paralogue? Like, if you stay too long it can get overwhelming, but you don't have too... Am I just a weirdo? Yes? Okay...

Am I the only person who doesn't hate Sophie's Paralogue? Like, if you stay too long it can get overwhelming, but you don't have too... Am I just a weirdo? Yes? Okay...

It's not hard, it's just the annoying Villagers that take up space and run right next to the berserker and general! If they started moving on the second turn that would have been wonderful.

I'll have to form an opinion on it this time around, as whilst I did marry Silas off on my first PT, I made the mistake of waiting until after chapter 18, at which point it was a case of "see map, say nope".

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

The NPC AI just infuriates me on a visceral level in that map. I hate the map on principle. They're not even armed, why are they running towards the enemies!?

I'm not even sure what's worse in that regard, Awakening Paralogue 3 or Sophie's paralogue.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

The NPC AI just infuriates me on a visceral level in that map. I hate the map on principle. They're not even armed, why are they running towards the enemies!?

Either 1) they are confident your army will essentially become human shields for them or 2) they think that if they surround the enemies, the enemies will become one with them and they will be legion.

As for Selena!Sophie, I had her the very first time I played Fates. She did relatively well as a Paladin when paired up with Seigbert, who kept getting merc'd for whatever reason. I can't help but notice that Selena isn't that great of a mother, regardless.

The A.I. Is terrible, but ultimately, it's just an Energy Drop and a Partner Seal. Yeah, they'd be nice, but it's not like your missing cash or a cool weapon if you just let them walk to their dooms.

Edited by Avalanche

The A.I. Is terrible, but ultimately, it's just an Energy Drop and a Partner Seal. Yeah, they'd be nice, but it's not like your missing cash or a cool weapon if you just let them walk to their dooms.

They are actually really important items in Conquest. Any free seal is awesome (since you can save money for, let's say a forge or more staves, and an energy drop can help mitigate potential "RNG screwage" like my Mozu faced. She now has +2 more strength so her stats are back where I want them.

Either 1) they are confident your army will essentially become human shields for them or 2) they think that if they surround the enemies, the enemies will become one with them and they will be legion.

As for Selena!Sophie, I had her the very first time I played Fates. She did relatively well as a Paladin when paired up with Seigbert, who kept getting merc'd for whatever reason. I can't help but notice that Selena isn't that great of a mother, regardless.

I don't have the time to train a level 12 unit, especially since I'm not doing any form of DLC abuse. Silas already has better stats that she does. Selena is just a bad mother, period. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Anyway...

Do you guys think it's ok that I'll be ignoring Benny and Kaze and miss out on both their kids?

Edited by Leif

Was Selena!Sophie really that bad?

I know that Selena is bad mother for almost all children, but Sophie is such hard kid to screw over, unless her mother is Orochi or Elise.

Sophie usually always ends up well.

They are actually really important items in Conquest. Any free seal is awesome (since you can save money for, let's say a forge or more staves, and an energy drop can help mitigate potential "RNG screwage" like my Mozu faced. She now has +2 more strength so her stats are back where I want them.

I don't have the time to train a level 12 unit, especially since I'm not doing any form of DLC abuse. Silas already has better stats that she does. Selena is just a bad mother, period. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Anyway...

Do you guys think it's ok that I'll be ignoring Benny and Kaze and miss out on both their kids?

As someone who is doing a Conquest Hard run right now, I haven't really found resources to be all that scarce so far. As of Chapter 22, I have 35000 Gold and have been able to dip into Reclass options just fine. As for the Drop, yes, it's really useful, but when Tonics and the Mess Hall are always available, I personally don't really find the effort needed to save the Villagers worth it. Honestly, more power to you if you did.

As for Benny and Kaze, My Castle Skirmishes allow you to grind up their Supports if you really want their Paralogues. I'm not sure how much Ignatius will bring, but I could see Midori working in Chapter 24.

Was Selena!Sophie really that bad?

I know that Selena is bad mother for almost all children, but Sophie is such hard kid to screw over, unless her mother is Orochi or Elise.

Sophie usually always ends up well.

With training, she'd probably be fine, it's just that I already have Silas and will get Xander...

Her base stats were very average so I didn't see the benefit to training her since I already decided to use my current open unit slot to train Laslow as a rally bot.

Edited by Leif

As someone who is doing a Conquest Hard run right now, I haven't really found resources to be all that scarce so far. As of Chapter 22, I have 35000 Gold and have been able to dip into Reclass options just fine. As for the Drop, yes, it's really useful, but when Tonics and the Mess Hall are always available, I personally don't really find the effort needed to save the Villagers worth it. Honestly, more power to you if you did.

As for Benny and Kaze, My Castle Skirmishes allow you to grind up their Supports if you really want their Paralogues. I'm not sure how much Ignatius will bring, but I could see Midori working in Chapter 24.

Personally, I wouldn't consider the Mess Hall reliable until level 3...

UPDATE:

So I beat Nina's paralogue and failed to get the two Outlaws that pilfered the two chests on the right side of the map (3000 Gold and a Seal). I did get the Shining Bow for Niles, who has become extremely handy with it. Nothing happened in that chapter of note. No support convo's and no promotions. :( I did forge a +2 Iron Sword and +2 Iron Bow though.

I also beat Chapter 13. I nearly had to reset since the Wyvern Rider + Knight enemy Pair up neared OHKO'd Azura due to a stupid mistake on my part (forgetting HP Tonic), however the Knight missed. Ophelia kicked Takumi's ass and Niles ate up Orochi and her Diviners. After Reina's onslaught of cavaliers, Corrin promoted! She now has about 33 HP, 20-23 in Strength, Skill, Speed, Magic. She's in the 17-19 range in the rest of her stats. Needless to say, she's now my best unit. Elise also promoted and she turned out as Elise usually does (shit defense, strength, skill and HP, but amazing in everything else). Elise also burned the last two uses of her freeze staff on the wyvern riders. Odin will promote by the conclusion of the next chapter as well as (maybe) Effie, Mozu and Niles. Scarlet died a horrible death at the hands of Ophelia's Horse Spirit. Ophelia is at level 17 now. Laslow received the +2 Iron Sword and Mozu the +2 Iron Bow. Camilla received a +1 Iron Axe after Chapter 13 was completed. Not too bad of a chapter, especially since my units with tonics are unstoppable. I don't know why people don't give Odin a chance. He's one of my top units with Horse Spirit. Ophelia is getting there too.

Azura and Laslow are at B support now. Corrin and Effie are at A, and Odin and Elise are at A too. Mozu has C's with everyone except for a B support with Corrin.

Chapter 14 looks like a chapter where I can grind Jakob to level 15 for Inspiration. I bought Corrin her Levin Sword and Ophelia her Mjolnir! Odin will get Ophelia's Horse Spirit primarily for the speed boost since he is kinda slow. I'm at 8800 gold now. =/

How am I doing so far?

UPDATE:

So I beat Nina's paralogue and failed to get the two Outlaws that pilfered the two chests on the right side of the map (3000 Gold and a Seal). I did get the Shining Bow for Niles, who has become extremely handy with it. Nothing happened in that chapter of note. No support convo's and no promotions. :( I did forge a +2 Iron Sword and +2 Iron Bow though.

I also beat Chapter 13. I nearly had to reset since the Wyvern Rider + Knight enemy Pair up neared OHKO'd Azura due to a stupid mistake on my part (forgetting HP Tonic), however the Knight missed. Ophelia kicked Takumi's ass and Niles ate up Orochi and her Diviners. After Reina's onslaught of cavaliers, Corrin promoted! She now has about 33 HP, 20-23 in Strength, Skill, Speed, Magic. She's in the 17-19 range in the rest of her stats. Needless to say, she's now my best unit. Elise also promoted and she turned out as Elise usually does (shit defense, strength, skill and HP, but amazing in everything else). Elise also burned the last two uses of her freeze staff on the wyvern riders. Odin will promote by the conclusion of the next chapter as well as (maybe) Effie, Mozu and Niles. Scarlet died a horrible death at the hands of Ophelia's Horse Spirit. Ophelia is at level 17 now. Laslow received the +2 Iron Sword and Mozu the +2 Iron Bow. Camilla received a +1 Iron Axe after Chapter 13 was completed. Not too bad of a chapter, especially since my units with tonics are unstoppable. I don't know why people don't give Odin a chance. He's one of my top units with Horse Spirit. Ophelia is getting there too.

Azura and Laslow are at B support now. Corrin and Effie are at A, and Odin and Elise are at A too. Mozu has C's with everyone except for a B support with Corrin.

Chapter 14 looks like a chapter where I can grind Jakob to level 15 for Inspiration. I bought Corrin her Levin Sword and Ophelia her Mjolnir! Odin will get Ophelia's Horse Spirit primarily for the speed boost since he is kinda slow. I'm at 8800 gold now. =/

How am I doing so far?

You may have mentioned it earlier in the thread, but what S Ranks are you aiming for?

Edited by Avalanche

You may have mentioned it earlier in the thread, but what S Ranks are you aiming for?

Pairings I've completed:

Corrin x Jakob

Elise x Odin

Camilla x Niles

Selena x Silas

Effie x Arthur

Pairings I'm skipping:

Beruka x Benny

Peri x Kaze

Pairings I have left to do:

Azura x Laslow

Mozu x Keaton

Leo x Felicia

Xander x Charlotte

Azura x Laslow

Mozu x Keaton

Leo x Felicia

Xander x Charlotte

Personally I would have gone with Selena x Xander so that Xander can have a falcon knight pair-up. Selena gives just as good of a speed bonus, and Xander REALLY needs some extra res. But holy crap Vel is going to be a monster.

Pairings I've completed:

Corrin x Jakob

Elise x Odin

Camilla x Niles

Selena x Silas

Effie x Arthur

Pairings I'm skipping:

Beruka x Benny

Peri x Kaze

Azura x Laslow

Mozu x Keaton

Leo x Felicia

Xander x Charlotte

Seems good to me. If you don't mind me asking, any particular reason you're not Pairing Benny of Kaze? Do you just not want to use My Castle Skirmishes to grind the Supports?

Seems good to me. If you don't mind me asking, any particular reason you're not Pairing Benny of Kaze? Do you just not want to use My Castle Skirmishes to grind the Supports?

You only get three my castle invasions. That's no time to grind all the way to S support ranks. I only used the Crystal Ball feature to collect the path bonuses for the early access to boots. Other than that, I'm not going to visit other "my castles". It's a limitation I'm placing on myself.

You only get three my castle invasions. That's no time to grind all the way to S support ranks. I only used the Crystal Ball feature to collect the path bonuses for the early access to boots. Other than that, I'm not going to visit other "my castles". It's a limitation I'm placing on myself.

He's talking about skirmishes with other people, you can basically do unlimited of those, and while they don't give XP or weapon rank, they do give support points.