My attempt at Nohr!Hard

Leif

You only get three my castle invasions. That's no time to grind all the way to S support ranks. I only used the Crystal Ball feature to collect the path bonuses for the early access to boots. Other than that, I'm not going to visit other "my castles". It's a limitation I'm placing on myself.

Gotcha. I wish you the best. I'm on Chapter 23 now and Luna Oboro sends you her warmest regards... Poor Keaton...

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotcha. I wish you the best. I'm on Chapter 23 now and Luna Oboro sends you her warmest regards... Poor Keaton...

Sounds like you got Bowsercided.

It's just a bonus on top of Tonics, but extra stats are still extra stats

I suppose, but still, having to hope and pray that the right characters get the boosts from meals isn't exactly what I'd want to be doing, to say nothing of getting the right cook in there...

Sounds like you got Bowsercided.

I suppose, but still, having to hope and pray that the right characters get the boosts from meals isn't exactly what I'd want to be doing, to say nothing of getting the right cook in there...

I'm almost positive it was EXACTLY enough too... If I had him use the Beaststone +, he may have been fine and not been doubled. God I wish I knew that you can go down the stairs to completely reset the "Oboro Squads" formation.

P.S.: TC, you can go down the stairs to completely reset the "Oboro Squads" formation.

Edited by Avalanche

UPDATE:

I beat Chapter 14 in 63 turns. This happened because I had Mozu act as Kumagera's punching bag while Jakob healed her. Jakob did this till he finally reached level 15 and got Inspiration. As soon as I get enough cash, I'll buy him a heart seal and class change him to a Great Knight. Odin managed to promote to Sorcerer. His stats are fantastic save for his average speed. Ophelia isn't doing as well as I'd like to be. Her Skill is quite bad (13 for level 18), so I might just give her a Secret Book as soon as I find one. Mozu is almost ready to promote to Sniper. Effie is still stuck as level 18, so I'll have to work hard to get her up to speed. Camilla is still at level 4 so I need to feed her kills as well. Chapter 14 was pretty easy, though Camilla almost died from Kinshi Knight that I didn't see paired up with the Sky Knight. She survived with 4 HP. xD

Also, I decided to go against what I said earlier and use other my castles to build supports for Kaze and Benny. I raised supports for Laslow and Azura as well and the two finally married. This is the only gripe I have with Fates's gameplay. I wish kids were out of the picture entirely because it's VERY annoying to have to constantly worry about who hooks up with who. I wish you could go to paralogues by completing a chapter in X amount of turns or keeping X unit alive. This is another reason why I never want to see a second generation again in a Fire Emblem game.

Keaton and Mozu - B

Kate and Peri - A

Benny and Beruka - C

Leo will marry Felicia when I get her after chapter 15. Nyx will be the bachelorette of this run.

Edited by Leif

I really must ask, what's with the mindset that all Jakob is good for is being a pair up bot???

His growths are fairly garbage, honestly, with only HP, Skill and Luck breaking 40%, and he never gets promotion gains since he's already promoted. I usually take advantage of his ability to learn high-tier skills absurdly quickly, get some good support skills on Dwyer, and then bench Jakob forever.

Edited by Alastor15243

I really must ask, what's with the mindset that all Jakob is good for is being a pair up bot???

What Alastor said, not so great growths but his early promotion and class options (paladin) make him a good early game character. Later on he will be outclassed so he is better off as a pair up unit (for MU for example). This is also since has has low Mag making him not so good at staffing later on.

Also to OP, do you know which children you will be using? I'd reccomend grabbing those after completing chapter 18, so they will have the Offspring seal (free promote yay).

What Alastor said, not so great growths but his early promotion and class options (paladin) make him a good early game character. Later on he will be outclassed so he is better off as a pair up unit (for MU for example). This is also since has has low Mag making him not so good at staffing later on.

Also to OP, do you know which children you will be using? I'd reccomend grabbing those after completing chapter 18, so they will have the Offspring seal (free promote yay).

Okay then...

Also, personally, I don't think that a free promotion via Offspring Seal is all that, especially since some paralogues have stuff that I'd rather have sooner than later, which naturally includes the children themselves.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

I actually disagree on that note. If resources are limited (as in Conquest), I think Offspring Seal's are invaluable, as they save money on Seals you'd have to otherwise buy. That being said, Paralogues like Ophelia's and Percy's should absolutely be done early, as the rewards and actual units are very good. (Percy especially, kids a terror).

Also, at least in Conquest, I find the kids to be nice "RNG proof" replacements for 1st Gen's that didn't turn out. Waiting until Chapter 21 to recruit them also let's them get D Rank in their secondary Weapons (D Lances get's Beast Killer and D Staffs get's Mend among others). Plus, I find doing certain Paralogues later in Conquest to actually be pretty viable, since you're practically guaranteed to have only a core group of 12-16 people you are training, so by nature the enemies are less likely to level past you once it starts going from +1 Level to +2 Levels starting from Chapter 19.

Edited by Avalanche

I actually disagree on that note. If resources are limited (as in Conquest), I think Offspring Seal's are invaluable, as they save money on Seals you'd have to otherwise buy. That being said, Paralogues like Ophelia's and Percy's should absolutely be done early, as the rewards and actual units are very good. (Percy especially, kids a terror).

Also, at least in Conquest, I find the kids to be nice "RNG proof" replacements for 1st Gen's that didn't turn out. Waiting until Chapter 21 to recruit them also let's them get D Rank in their secondary Weapons (D Lances get's Beast Killer and D Staffs get's Mend among others). Plus, I find doing certain Paralogues later in Conquest to actually be pretty viable, since you're practically guaranteed to have only a core group of 12-16 people you are training, so by nature the enemies are less likely to level past you once it starts going from +1 Level to +2 Levels starting from Chapter 19.

Well, my stock in what good Offspring Seals would do vanished faster than a puff of smoke after I saw just how awful most of the paralogues were then, because in my book, the hassle far and away outweighs the reward. Also, I personally deem paralogues where saving NPCs gets you rewards better done sooner than later (especially Soleil's and Sophie's), to say nothing of wanting to have the kids while there's still a good amount of game left for them to contribute.

Well, my stock in what good Offspring Seals would do vanished faster than a puff of smoke after I saw just how awful most of the paralogues were then, because in my book, the hassle far and away outweighs the reward. Also, I personally deem paralogues where saving NPCs gets you rewards better done sooner than later (especially Soleil's and Sophie's), to say nothing of wanting to have the kids while there's still a good amount of game left for them to contribute.

I didn't have trouble with really any of the conquest paralogues late game, the only ones I had issue with were some of the Birthright ones. And doing them later makes them better experience sources, which are invaluable in conquest.

I didn't have trouble with really any of the conquest paralogues late game, the only ones I had issue with were some of the Birthright ones. And doing them later makes them better experience sources, which are invaluable in conquest.

That'd only be meaningful if they aren't exercises in frustration, and since I found BR paralogues to be frustrating to attempt late, I ain't expecting Conquest's paralogues to not suck late.

That'd only be meaningful if they aren't exercises in frustration, and since I found BR paralogues to be frustrating to attempt late, I ain't expecting Conquest's paralogues to not suck late.

The difference is that there aren't as many that force you to rush for unpromoted children surrounded by promoted enemies. Siegbert is already on your side, Percy is an enemy who you don't recruit until after the battle (hell, I'm not even sure if he promotes as an enemy, it might be even easier post chapter 18), Soleil starts well away from the enemies with plenty of time to recruit her, Ophelia starts on your side, Forrest also starts well away from enemies and can easily be secured, and Velouria starts out on your side. Ignatius and Nina I don't know about.

The difference is that there aren't as many that force you to rush for unpromoted children surrounded by promoted enemies. Siegbert is already on your side, Percy is an enemy who you don't recruit until after the battle (hell, I'm not even sure if he promotes as an enemy, it might be even easier post chapter 18), Soleil starts well away from the enemies with plenty of time to recruit her, Ophelia starts on your side, Forrest also starts well away from enemies and can easily be secured, and Velouria starts out on your side. Ignatius and Nina I don't know about.

Ignatius is under attack and Nina is an enemy like Percy.

Some of them are pretty annoying later (Sieg, Ignatius, Percy and maybe Forrest), but I certainly don't think any beyond Ignatius, Shiro, Percy, Selkie and Sieg become unbearable to do late.

I don't know where you get this impression that Percy's paralogue is easier after chapter 18, but it's BS. Given that I'd be trying to optimize my cash intake, which is no easy task when enemies are promoted and Seal Defence makes you vulnerable...

Also, way to not help your case by not saying so much as a peep about the situation in most paralogues.

I don't know where you get this impression that Percy's paralogue is easier after chapter 18, but it's BS. Given that I'd be trying to optimize my cash intake, which is no easy task when enemies are promoted and Seal Defence makes you vulnerable...

Also, way to not help your case by not saying so much as a peep about the situation in most paralogues.

I said it MIGHT be easier depending on whether or not the paralogue promoted him along with the other enemies for the sake of challenge which I didn't know for certain. But it certainly doesn't get harder, because there's no part of it on your end that doesn't scale with the enemies, the child doesn't need to be protected in any way.

Why do you argue that the paralogues inherently get harder the further in the game you get? Are you arguing that they scale faster than your units level? Because that was not remotely my experience at all. I beat every Conquest paralogue but Ignatius and Nina's (because I didn't use Benny or Niles), blind, ironman style, on my first try, on hard mode, without a single casualty whatsoever on any of them, and I can say beyond a shadow of the doubt that the hardest one was Percy's, the first one I ever did, because that was before I could fully put my long-term plans for most of my units into action and get them the skills they needed to kick ass. The paralogues actually got easier the later in the game I got because my team got better and better and synergized better and better.

Edited by Alastor15243

UPDATE:

Ok, I really need your thoughts on this now...

So, I completed both Shigure and Soleil's paralogues in addition to Chapter 15.

Everything is fine, EXCEPT that I am ULTRA BROKE. I'm at 2850 gold. That's awful. I spent that money buying 3 master seals and one heart seal for Corrin who turned level 2 after Shigure's paralogue. She changed into a Paladin for Elbow Room, Shelter, and Defender. At level 5 I'll change her back to Nohr Noble for Draconic Curse and Nohrian Trust.

Mozu, Effie, and Ophelia promoted to Sniper, General, and Sorcerer respectively. Niles is ready to promote and Laslow is at level 18.

I have a Seraph Robe, Spirit Dust, Speedwing, Boots, and Dracoshield. Kaze and Peri married during My Castle grindings sessions, so I'll be having those Dragon Herbs soon. Who should I allocate those stat boosters towards? If you want to get an idea of how my units are performing, take a look at the character stat averages for everyone save Corrin and Odin, who are very RNG blessed. I am thinking Niles will be needing the seraph robe since he is stuck at 23 HP. His offensive stats are crap (13 strength and 8 magic respectively), so should I make him a bow knight for shurikenfaire?

I will be getting Xander next chapter and some gold which will help me out. I benched Silas since he was underperforming.

Edited by Leif

UPDATE:

Ok, I really need your thoughts on this now...

So, I completed both Shigure and Soleil's paralogues in addition to Chapter 15.

Everything is fine, EXCEPT that I am ULTRA BROKE. I'm at 2850 gold. That's awful. I spent that money buying 3 master seals and one heart seal for Corrin who turned level 2 after Shigure's paralogue. She changed into a Paladin for Elbow Room, Shelter, and Defender. At level 5 I'll change her back to Nohr Noble for Draconic Curse and Nohrian Trust.

Mozu, Effie, and Ophelia promoted to Sniper, General, and Sorcerer respectively. Niles is ready to promote and Laslow is at level 18.

I have a Seraph Robe, Spirit Dust, Speedwing, Boots, and Dracoshield. Kaze and Peri married during My Castle grindings sessions, so I'll be having those Dragon Herbs soon. Who should I allocate those stat boosters towards? If you want to get an idea of how my units are performing, take a look at the character stat averages for everyone save Corrin and Odin, who are very RNG blessed. I am thinking Niles will be needing the seraph robe since he is stuck at 23 HP. His offensive stats are crap (13 strength and 8 magic respectively), so should I make him a bow knight for shurikenfaire?

I will be getting Xander next chapter and some gold which will help me out. I benched Silas since he was underperforming.

You may have said this previously, but have you done Percy"s Paralogue yet? Once you recruit Xander, he can probably make you some nice cash by sitting on Dragon Veins with the no weapon equipped, but with Siegfried on his inventory. You also have around 12000-15000 Gold coming up between Chapters 16 & 17, so your wallet shouldn't be too empty for long. Forests Paralogue also has 5000 Gold if your really struggling.

Also, I'd say that your gold problem is likely stemming from you being generally good on exp and promoting a little faster than the main game expected. I used a core team of around 14 people myself and most of them promoted right before Chapter 17. Hold out a bit longer and I think you'll be fine.

Stat Boost wise, I'd recommend giving the Dracoshield & Herbs to Corrin, Dust to Odin or Ophelia and saving the Speedwing for Xander. His Speed is questionable (mine got ungodly blessed in my last run ending with something ridiculous like 28), but with Charlotte Pair Up, it will last him a good while. The Robe and Boots are up to you really. Do you have a specific plan to take on Endgame? The strategy I used required Camilla to have at least 1 Pair of Boots used on her, so do with that what you will. As for Niles, Bow Knight is my preferred Promotion for him (he really needs to offensive boosts and Shurikenbreaker is amazing for Chapter 25), but don't hesitate to go Adventurer if you need extra healing. Pass is also useful if you want to cheese Endgame.

Edited by Avalanche

I said it MIGHT be easier depending on whether or not the paralogue promoted him along with the other enemies for the sake of challenge which I didn't know for certain. But it certainly doesn't get harder, because there's no part of it on your end that doesn't scale with the enemies, the child doesn't need to be protected in any way.

Why do you argue that the paralogues inherently get harder the further in the game you get? Are you arguing that they scale faster than your units level? Because that was not remotely my experience at all. I beat every Conquest paralogue but Ignatius and Nina's (because I didn't use Benny or Niles), blind, ironman style, on my first try, on hard mode, without a single casualty whatsoever on any of them, and I can say beyond a shadow of the doubt that the hardest one was Percy's, the first one I ever did, because that was before I could fully put my long-term plans for most of my units into action and get them the skills they needed to kick ass. The paralogues actually got easier the later in the game I got because my team got better and better and synergized better and better.

To be blunt, I have absolutely no reason whatsoever to believe or trust you on this subject matter. Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

To be blunt, I have absolutely no reason whatsoever to believe or trust you on this subject matter.

Then tell me why you think they get harder rather than just saying that it's another way.

As for money, get Midori to level 5 merchant and get her luck as high as possible without spending money, that should help a little, profiteer should get you a little more gold.

Then tell me why you think they get harder rather than just saying that it's another way.

As for money, get Midori to level 5 merchant and get her luck as high as possible without spending money, that should help a little, profiteer should get you a little more gold.

From where I'm standing, aside from enemies using better weapons, you also start seeing enemies in boosted crit classes (special mention to Forrest's paralogue for packing Certain Blow Berserkers). Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

From where I'm standing, aside from enemies using better weapons, you also start seeing enemies in boosted crit classes.

So? There are plenty of ways to counteract that.

-Use rallies, pair-ups and auras to boost your defense/resistance high enough that even critical hits can't hurt you too much

-Equip those weak novelty weapons that boost your dodge without disabling your own critical hit rates, or just use or or two really easily forged bronze weapons

-Use Xander and Leo

-Go on the offensive with player-phase assaults to eliminate the critical units if they're that huge of a danger

Really I never once found specialist promoted classes to be a particularly significant danger.

But honestly this is getting off-topic, let's move this discussion to the paralogue thread I just posted in.

Edited by Alastor15243