Revelation Ending?

Something I've been thinking about... At the end of Revelation, Azura decides to make you king/queen, right? But... weren't the Vallites basically zombies made by Anankos?

So...

"A king without subjects rules naught but hills"

so what's even the point?

I think they mention somewhere that you are not actually ruling valla, which got sealed off. Rather, you are ruling land that was parts of Hoshido and Nohr. I read that in another thread though.

Wow that's weird then because the land connecting the two is the bottomless canyon which is uh it makes sense but it's not a very appealing kingdom (well, to most people, i might actually be okay with it though) and otherwise people from two countries who may well hate each other are suddenly given to some random third country okay could be worse sure

(i mean i'm sure there's a reasonable way to work it out on the whole but lol)

Wow that's weird then because the land connecting the two is the bottomless canyon which is uh it makes sense but it's not a very appealing kingdom (well, to most people, i might actually be okay with it though) and otherwise people from two countries who may well hate each other are suddenly given to some random third country okay could be worse sure

(i mean i'm sure there's a reasonable way to work it out on the whole but lol)

Well, from what I read, it's territory from their northern territories. And the map cuts off near the top so maybe that's where New Valla is situated.

And I guess it might be a nice place for the Hoshidans and Nohrians who didn't have to have any place in the war-torn countries and wanted a fresh start.

Anankos probably has more human slaves and servants that we don't see, since it would be weird for him to keep just one human (Anthony) around for no apparent reason. They would need a place to stay after the old Valla was sealed away, thus justifying the formation of New Valla. It is also possible that there were Vallite refugees who fled before Anankos took over who would like to return to their former kingdom, in addition to the 'any Nohrians or Hoshidans who want a new start' thing. There are definitely people attending Corrin's coronation, so this seems likely.

Anyway, Azura and Corrin probably wouldn't want their homeland's culture and traditions to be forgotten and disappear due to Anankos. Xander and Ryoma probably agreed and, with Valla being between Hoshido and Nohr, it could also serve as neutral territory and a mediator for the two kingdoms to sort out their issues.

Edited by Lightchao42

Like many things in Fates, the details are lacking and the implications suspect. I wouldn't think about it too hard.

The best answer I've heard is that the "subjects" of Neo Valla were refugees displaced from Old Valla, that couldn't return or speak of their origin until after Anankos' death. Your guess is as good as mine about where geographically this new kingdom would be.