Do I have the legal and/or ethical right to cut off my own arm and eat it?

Jotari

did you guys know that the average human yields around 110,000 calories

you could sustain yourself for, like, two months

don't you need a lot of those calories to be alive and to be able eat yourself in the first place?

This reminds me of the psychological disorder where a person feels like some part of they're body is a foreign object and want to get rid of it. I read about a woman who blinded herself, as well as people who wanted to get rid of arms, although in most cases this was due to having their corpus callosum severed, causing their hand to be controlled by the non dominant hemisphere.

I've personally amputated dozens of limbs, though lower extremity amputations are far more common. On a desert island, it would be easiest to disarticulate at the joint, either elbow or shoulder in your case, since it's hard to go through bones without a bone saw. And be careful not to make your skin incision right at the joint, you want to make it more distal to the joint, so you have a soft tissue flap to close over the wound. This has been a pointless public service announcement from Dr. Rezzy.

Good luck finding someone crazy enough to help you amputating a perfectly healthy limb, though.

EDIT: I enjoy entertaining absurd hypothetical situations, but could we please knock off the dead baby humor? I'm sorry, but it's a real sensitive spot for me.

Edited by Rezzy

Humans have a tendency to be poisonous. Eat a human and your health will permanently suffer for it.

Like most meats, I'm sure it all comes down to preparation...Not that I know much about cannibalism... :rolleyes::sweatdrop:

EDIT: I enjoy entertaining absurd hypothetical situations, but could we please knock off the dead baby humor? I'm sorry, but it's a real sensitive spot for me.

was a reference to a topic in SD before you were on this site(i think). someone seriously asked that question

was a reference to a topic in SD before you were on this site(i think). someone seriously asked that question

Fair enough. The humor can be done right a la "A Modest Proposal", it's just a touchy subject that easily crosses the line.

That being said, I support people's right to say whatever they want and won't try to silence them other than making my increasing discomfort known. I still have nightmares about it.

I mean if your definition of "seriously asked that question" includes "make a thread with that in the title as an excuse to show off your philosophy degree and be generally condescending" then sure

I personally would not consider that as "seriously asked" but to each their own

This reminds me of the psychological disorder where a person feels like some part of they're body is a foreign object and want to get rid of it. I read about a woman who blinded herself, as well as people who wanted to get rid of arms, although in most cases this was due to having their corpus callosum severed, causing their hand to be controlled by the non dominant hemisphere.

I've personally amputated dozens of limbs, though lower extremity amputations are far more common. On a desert island, it would be easiest to disarticulate at the joint, either elbow or shoulder in your case, since it's hard to go through bones without a bone saw. And be careful not to make your skin incision right at the joint, you want to make it more distal to the joint, so you have a soft tissue flap to close over the wound. This has been a pointless public service announcement from Dr. Rezzy.

Good luck finding someone crazy enough to help you amputating a perfectly healthy limb, though.

I'm now imagining Felicia eating her own arm after losing in Casual Mode.

...​And then every other body part.

...And at the end she become a cyborg. Or a Puppet.

...I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight.

I'm now imagining Felicia eating her own arm after losing in Casual Mode.

...​And then every other body part.

...And at the end she become a cyborg. Or a Puppet.

...I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight.

Ugh, I agree. A moe blob puppet or cyborg tripping over nothing sounds hell of creepy. Her mechanical lines would be hilarious though.