Russia Olympic Ban is Hypocritical

thepeaguy

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/athletics/36562570

Russia being banned from the Olympics is unfair. I'll explain why.

If you truly believe that every athlete you see on the telly is a full natty brah, you really need to stop believing in fairy tales.

Millions are on anabolic steroids and other performance enhancing drugs. This isn't just the athletes and bodybuilders because the armies and navies are on the gear too. Even Hollywood stars.

Do you know how effective these drugs are? They work extremely well at fast results. Recovery rates are faster and you can build lean muscle quickly whilst on a crap diet.

Here's added proof that many soldiers are on the gear (I'm from the UK, so I posted an article regarding our own forces using anabolics):
https://www.steroidal.com/steroids-news/british-soldiers-using-anabolic-steroids-rises/

The steroid stigma is a joke. It really is.

There are the ones who get caught and the others.

It's mostly a political game.

But the IOC doesn't really care about health, only about money.

I guess it's more damage control than anything else.

Edited by Naughx

Idk if you've seen much soccer lately but when russia went against england a lotta sheet happened after the match involving large crowds of russian hooligans attacking innocent civilians/fans from england they stumbled across. That could be another reason.

Idk if you've seen much soccer lately but when russia went against england a lotta sheet happened after the match involving large crowds of russian hooligans attacking innocent civilians/fans from england they stumbled across. That could be another reason.

English hooligans provoked and attacked Russians hooligans first.

The "Steroid" stigma stems from the War on Drugs, and the fact that it's considered cheating in many sports, mostly in America, but many countries discourage it because the IOC is based in America. And who does America love to hate? Not to mention that ethics is the last thing Russia wants to be known for.

English hooligans provoked and attacked Russians hooligans first.

I highly doubt it's as black and white as this. They more than likely both goaded each other, and the respective medias will portray it as if the other side 'started it', the juvenile defence.

Quite a few individual athletes have been suspended for violations of supposedly 'performance-enhancing' drugs. Mamadou Sakho failed a drug test where they found that he had been taking 'fat burners', which are supplements that I don't believe are even on the level of anabolic steroids.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mamadou-sakhos-failed-doping-test-11231028

The "Steroid" stigma stems from the War on Drugs, and the fact that it's considered cheating in many sports, mostly in America, but many countries discourage it because the IOC is based in America. And who does America love to hate? Not to mention that ethics is the last thing Russia wants to be known for.

if it ain't natty it ain't fair brah

The olympics in Rio will be a joke anyway. I'll be surprised if most of the athletes turn up, let alone fans.

I've been advised to stay away from Zika prevalent areas. Heavy influx in and out of the area could possibly lead to its spread.

Everyone here in Brazil also think of it as a joke.

Speaking of which, is it just me or the cities that has been hosting recent olympics had lost more than benefited from hosting the olympics? At least from what I've heard, most stadiums were abandoned.

Everyone here in Brazil also think of it as a joke.

Speaking of which, is it just me or the cities that has been hosting recent olympics had lost more than benefited from hosting the olympics? At least from what I've heard, most stadiums were abandoned.

The Olympics have a history of not really being much of an economic help to the cities that host them. They pump a ton of tax funds into building permanent fixtures that serve a purpose for only a few weeks, then they have nothing to really do with them. The Olympics can give the country a bit of prestige, but the data shows that they won't really make any money out of it.

The Olympics have a history of not really being much of an economic help to the cities that host them. They pump a ton of tax funds into building permanent fixtures that serve a purpose for only a few weeks, then they have nothing to really do with them. The Olympics can give the country a bit of prestige, but the data shows that they won't really make any money out of it.

I wonder if the people in the other cities that hosted the Olympics were as pissed off at the goverment for wasting money for the Olympics, like the people at Rio currently are.

It seems like every two years, the Olympics become more and more of a joke.

Things like this makes me wonder why they don't have an specific place for the Olympics, rather than going for city to city.

I mean, I know there are politics involved, but still...

I wonder if the people in the other cities that hosted the Olympics were as pissed off at the goverment for wasting money for the Olympics, like the people at Rio currently are.

It seems like every two years, the Olympics become more and more of a joke.

Things like this makes me wonder why they don't have an specific place for the Olympics, rather than going for city to city.

I mean, I know there are politics involved, but still...

The egos involved basically are the driving force for getting the Olympics nowadays. I doubt anyone would be happy with a single city getting it every time.

I remember Obama was really trying to get the Olympics to come to the hell hole that is Chicago. I lived there for four years and can see why it got rejected. I've honestly never been a big fan of the Olympics to be honest.

Well, it's soccer so they're all hooligans. ;)

Football.

Quite a few individual athletes have been suspended for violations of supposedly 'performance-enhancing' drugs. Mamadou Sakho failed a drug test where they found that he had been taking 'fat burners', which are supplements that I don't believe are even on the level of anabolic steroids.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mamadou-sakhos-failed-doping-test-11231028

As if the other countries have the right to talk about drugs.

I've always said there should be two versions of the Olympics. One that's drug free and one that's not. Just think of the super humans we could build if drugged competition was legal!

I've always said there should be two versions of the Olympics. One that's drug free and one that's not. Just think of the super humans we could build if drugged competition was legal!

They're hardly super-human if they're all dying by 50.

In the end, can we just say "screw olympics"? Because as said before, they don't even help a country that hosts it witch is basically forcing its way in. If a country would gain from hosting it (money, more exactly) then i would be 100% pleased with it knowing it did a good thing to the host and not just random tourists/fans of the olympics knowing the money they get from "fans" is quite low.

Basically, if they don't change, they can eff off.

Also, i see it dying in about roughly 15 years from now.

The Olympics is weird. I think a country must be financially stable (which country is these days though?) before being allowed to even apply to host.

Yeah. Like, the state is on public calamity status but politicians pretend it is ok, and some are so cynical that they think it's going to give an economic boon (haha, good joke). About the Olympic Games, I hold the same opinion that I held about the World Cup on Brazil. It isn't wise to be a host for an expensive event when you're billions in debt, and there is little fame to gain when you're going through an epidemic crisis as well as an economical crisis. Yeah, let's attract people here so they get nasty diseases (I hope not) and speak badly about our country. And Rio is arguably the most violent state this country has. That ought to really help our fame, right?

The Olympics is weird. I think a country must be financially stable (which country is these days though?) before being allowed to even apply to host.

Bribing for the right to host Olympic is as common as athletes taking drugs. Look at Fifa and their bribing fiasco, the whole top brass are guilty.

Bribing for the right to host Olympic is as common as athletes taking drugs. Look at Fifa and their bribing fiasco, the whole top brass are guilty.

The 2022 World Cup is proof that there is bribring.

Seriously, Qatar?

It's worth noting that in Qatar, homosexuality is a crime. And considering the huge crowd the World Cup draws, there a bound to be many gays among them.

I wonder how they will deal with that.

Edited by Water Mage