Innocent Venus

Inuyasha

Loveless

Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Ouran High School Host Club

Princess Tutu

Ruroni Kenshin

Sailor Moon

Suki na Mono wa Suki Dakara Shōganai!! (Sukisho)

Tales of Phantasia (animation)

Tales of the Abyss (animation)

Trinity Blood

Vampire Knight/Guilty

Witch Hunter Robin

^all anime, don't have much time to read manga but I have read the manga of Suikoden III

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So next...what's the best Gundam series to start with? Specifically, I'm looking for an involving storyline.

I think I'd seen episodes of G Gundam (don't recommend it), Mobile Suit Gundam, Gundam Wing, and unfortunately SD Gundam.

Come on, man, you critisize SD Gundam(which I agree), and yet you still liked Gundam Wing.

I mean, it's not that bad, it's just very mediocre(like 5/10). Guys blow up armies with a snap of a finger,you know.

Gundam 00 is like Gundam Wing with better story and better, not so overpowerd(they even take shots, omg) characters.

I've only really been watching anime since like last year, but here's a list of what i've watched so far, in the order that i've watched them in:

Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Lucky Star

Azumanga Daioh

Evangelion

Kanon

Air

Clannad

Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan

Cardcaptor Sakura (got bored after like 20-something episodes, didn't bother to finish)

Goshūshō-sama Ninomiya-kun

Shuffle!

Kanokon (my current avatar and sig is from this anime)

Happiness!

Getsumen to Heiki Mina

I finished watching the last one about a week ago. :P

Edited by SmartRutter7

Come on, man, you critisize SD Gundam(which I agree), and yet you still liked Gundam Wing.

I mean, it's not that bad, it's just very mediocre(like 5/10). Guys blow up armies with a snap of a finger,you know.

Gundam 00 is like Gundam Wing with better story and better, not so overpowerd(they even take shots, omg) characters.

Only the CGI SD Gundam blew. The old cell-animated SD Gundams were parodies of the actual series, and were pretty damn funny.

Also, Gundam 00 may start off like Wing, but the two series take off in completely seperate directions. Hell, by Season 2, 00 resembles Zeta more than Wing....

Only the CGI SD Gundam blew. The old cell-animated SD Gundams were parodies of the actual series, and were pretty damn funny.

Also, Gundam 00 may start off like Wing, but the two series take off in completely seperate directions. Hell, by Season 2, 00 resembles Zeta more than Wing....

Yes, but if Ali doesn't stop, the anime will end up like V Gundam. And that's a bad thing.

Ali seems to not be piloting at this point. I hope he stays a Yazan, though.

I admit, I cheered when Setsuna tore that Innovator brat a new one, and cheered again when Wang got Amurowned. Setsuna and Ribbons FTW. Though I am curious to see how much crazier Louise gets, and what'll happen when she and Saji meet face to face again...

Since everybody's doing it, I'll list off all the anime I've bothered to watch.

Blood +

Chobits

Claymore

Darker Than Black

Gundam 00

Gundam Seed

Gundam Seed: Destiny

Full Metal Alchemist

Naruto

Noir

Madlax

Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles

Vampire Knight

xXxholic Kei

I know there's a billion more, but I can't recall all of them.

And of the ones still ongoing...

Bleach

Gundam 00 Second Season

Kuroshitsuji (Black Butler)

Naruto Shippuden

Vampire Knight Guilty

Ones that I've been watching lately...

Gundam Wing

Samurai Champloo

Edited by Eltoshen

'k. My thoughts are based off of fuzzy memories of watching Gundam on Toonami as a preteen, so I'm not sure about a lot of the details.
Only the CGI SD Gundam blew.
Yeah, those.

I dont think an ending like V gundam is bad. At least, it's still better than Seed and Seed Des, two series I hate most.

That wasn't what I meant.

It would end way too depressive, with all the character deaths happening, you know? A Zeta-like finish would be ideal

That wasn't what I meant.

It would end way too depressive, with all the character deaths happening, you know? A Zeta-like finish would be ideal

But I like an V gundam ending style (kill them all like in the Dunbine series)

But I like an V gundam ending style (kill them all like in the Dunbine series)

I don't know, Tomino is not involved, also, but I don't want it to have a depressing ending.

Well, whatever the ending is, won't surpass Ideon

I dont read manga, but I've watched a few anime:

Kanon 2006 (favorite)

Death Note

Full Metal Alchemist

DNAngel

X

Dragon Ball (first one, Z and gt)

Ranma 1/2

Sakura Card Captors (though didn't finish it)

Lucky Star (about to finish it)

Naruto

Bleach (stopped watching it in the newest filler arc, though I think it's already over)

Naruto Shippuden (ongoing)

Also, I wanted to ask, I'm thinking in watching The Melancholy Of Haruhi Suzumiya but I've heard that it can be watched two ways, in the plot order or in the airing order (or something like that) so how should I watch it? any suggestions are very appreciated.

I don't know, Tomino is not involved, also, but I don't want it to have a depressing ending.

Well, whatever the ending is, won't surpass Ideon

Ideon's ending was 'meh'.

Also, I wanted to ask, I'm thinking in watching The Melancholy Of Haruhi Suzumiya but I've heard that it can be watched two ways, in the plot order or in the airing order (or something like that) so how should I watch it? any suggestions are very appreciated.

If you watch it in the plot order you get to see the most boring final episode of all time and the whole "I'm not too sure what is going on" vibe doesn't work.

• 2 weeks later...

I managed to get a very good deal on this little lot:

IMG_0940.jpg

Its 25 DVDs if you don't want to count.

Gunslinger Girl, Tenchi Muyo and Tsukhime are volumes 2 and 3. I have volume 1 for Tenchi Muyo, Tsukhime (and Lain and Mini Goddess) from a boxset found in a random book discount store 10 volume 1s of 10 series for £10 (the other series were; R.O.D TV, Chobits, Hanibai-Remimei,Gungrave, Paranoia Agent and Texhnoyze). I'll have to get Episodes 1-5 of Gunslinger Girl sometime.

I managed to get a very good deal on this little lot:

IMG_0940.jpg

Its 25 DVDs if you don't want to count.

Gunslinger Girl, Tenchi Muyo and Tsukhime are volumes 2 and 3. I have volume 1 for Tenchi Muyo, Tsukhime (and Lain and Mini Goddess) from a boxset found in a random book discount store 10 volume 1s of 10 series for £10 (the other series were; R.O.D TV, Chobits, Hanibai-Remimei,Gungrave, Paranoia Agent and Texhnoyze). I'll have to get Episodes 1-5 of Gunslinger Girl sometime.

Is it sad that I can say I already own all of those? :(. Though I also see Vampire Princess Miyu.

Edited by Rei

I cant remember how many things I read or watched so I make the list of those I have done with my translate group

Manga:

Bitter virgin

Dears

Saikano

Ashita no Yoichi

Wagaya no Oiri-sama

Kanokon

Omamori Himari

Because I am the goddess

Onegai twin

Sekirei

Toradora

Tales of the Abyss

Dogstyle

Shina Dark

Bakuretsu Tenshi

Anime:

Gundam 00 season 1

Edited by Sky

Well, from what I remember:

Manga:

*Saint Seiya: Only have two volumes though, in Spanish. Is not bad actually.

*MegaMan Battle Network: DON'T LAUGH! The manga is actually nice

That's all for mangas, since I have to go to San Diego if I want to buy manga (and manga is not that cheap either).

Anime:

*Sailor Moon: Yes, I've watched all episodes (my sister and I recorded most of the episodes when we were young, and we still have them). And yes, I love it.

*Naruto: Never really liked it.

*Bleach: I got bored after a while, but I still watch it sometimes.

*The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya: It's so funny and I love it.

*RockMan.EXE (Also known as MegaMan NT Warrior): PLEASE DON'T KILL ME! I actually like it. The firsts (First and Second) and the last seasons (Beast and Beast+) were meh, but Axess and Stream were awesome. The ending sucked, though. Pity that the Latin American version of the show ended at the second season.

*Ouran: If you take out all the excesive yaoi-ness (Even if I like yaoi, this show has sometimes too much for my tasteness), then the show is hilarious.

*Yu-Gi-Oh! Season "Zero": Before you all start laughing, season Zero was not dubbed by 4Kids because they thought this season was more violent (is not very violent actually). I actually like this one. Atem is more badass, Yugi's friends have more character, and there wasn't too much focus on the card game. Also there's Kaiba with green hair (Abridged series, anyone?)

Edited by Arashi-chan