Anime & Manga

Raven

A excelletn choice, but a warning to you, before you embark on such a quest: watch GitS in order. I cannot stress to you how vitally important this is, because if you don't, you'll just find yourself way to confused for words. Now, the other important thing to remember about GitS is that there are in fact two different continuities: that of the first two moves, and that of the 2 TV seasons, and the third movie. If you keep that in mind, that rest is just up to you.

Oh, and the order:

Ghost in the Shell (The Original Movie)

Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig

Ghost in the Shell: Soild State Society

Good luck.

I watched the two Stand Alone Complex series and then it's movie before the first two movies. I've actually got the original two movies on DVD.

I also second watching Ghost in the Shell - Especially the Stand Alone Complex series and it's movie, Solid State Society.

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched the two Stand Alone Complex series and then it's movie before the first two movies. I've actually got the original two movies on DVD.

I also second watching Ghost in the Shell - Especially the Stand Alone Complex series and it's movie, Solid State Society.

Well, it's not absolutely necessary that you watch the original time line before the new one, but really it's better. Plus, SSS is so much more fun to watch, because it's basically a mash up of the original two.

GiS is really good, specialy the manga version. Naruto and Bleach are just so meh. so do their manga version. Chrono Crusader is good, yeah, but still cant compare with the manga version. Keroro Sergeant, it's funny but I love it just because Kero is a gundam's hardcore fan, his dream to build a A Baoa Qu battle field make me cry

Edited by Frozen Sulley

One Piece-Though it suffers from the same problems as Naruto and Bleach (few good guy deaths make it less emotional), it really isn't supposed to be tragic. Pretty funny and it doesn't drag often.

I actually think One Piece does drag on a bit, through no fault of it's own mind you. Since it covers the entire straw hat crew you usually have three or four fights going on at the same time later on in the series and whenever they reach a new island they usually split up and have three or four different events going on at the same time as well.

I mean, the series has been running for like 10 years and 1 years hasn't even passed in the storyline.

Also, why do some good guys come back to life after having tragic death scenes? How the fuck did Pell survive a 10 ton bomb?

BTW, I love One Piece, but these things just grate.

• 3 weeks later...

I just watched Cowboy Bebop from beginning to end.

Thanks to /b/, I already knew that

Spike dies

so the ending kinda sucked for me.

Overall, I really liked the series. This was a surprise to me. I had given up on anime about 3 years ago, after trying to watch some Naruto, Bleach, and Gundam.

So after watching Cowboy Bebop, which anime do you guys think I should watch next?

Spike dies

Overall, I really liked the series. This was a surprise to me. I had given up on anime about 3 years ago, after trying to watch some Naruto, Bleach, and Gundam.

So after watching Cowboy Bebop, which anime do you guys think I should watch next?

Since I just answered this question: http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?showtopic=37853

Another good thread for things to try out: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173356

And if you're in for the retro flavor: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=347831

Edited by Le Communard

Another good thread for things to try out: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173356

Going from that list, I chose to watch FLCL as my second anime of 2009. First episode surprised me but after that I really(really really) got into it. I liked it even more than Bebop despite it being so short :(

Thanks for the links :D

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished Bokurano (the anime). It was really cool. Definitely recommended.

Been watching BASQUASH! It is the greatest Nike advertisement ever. First few episodes suck. After that it gets like weird and cool and stuff. Recommended if you think you can get yourself through the first few episodes alive.

Spike dies

Spike has not necessarily died. The creator himself has stated that he is unsure whether or not Spike is in actuality dead. So it's not completely impossible he survived, or even unlikely.

And I would recommend Black Lagoon. It's fairly similar to Cowboy Bebop in multiple ways, though it is set in present times rather than near future.

Right, forgot, I watched Sengoku Basara and it's pretty cool. It's based on some video game that's basically a fanfic of the Sengoku era. It is pretty amazing.

Currently reading Steel Ball Run. I am so happy JojoProject decided to pick up the pace on SBR (JojoProject previously released high quality Stone Ocean chapter at like 5 chapters a week O_O.)

And did anybody say Fist of the North Star?

1230380871203.jpg

Man, that manga's so manly.

Master Asia want to say hello to you ~

Well, technically Master Asia blows shit up, but Kenshiro hits their pressure points.

HE HITS THE PRESSURE POINTS OF A FUCKING TANK.

At least that's the idea I like.

• 1 month later...

I was slightly bored so I decided to make a sort of list to keep track of what days of the week new episodes of anime on LovelyAnime are released. It seems pretty spread out to me, I'll probably have to add more as well, since Bakemonogatari apparently still has 3 episodes remaining, yet a new episode of that hasn't been released this week on LovelyAnime yet.

Monday

Seiken no Blacksmith

Tuesday

Dragon Ball Kai

Fairy Tail

Wednesday

Kimi ni Todoke

Thursday

White Album 2nd Season

11eyes

Friday

Kämpfer

Umineko no Naku Koro ni

Saturday

Toaru Kagaku no Railgun

Sunday

:(

• 3 weeks later...

Anime/Manga I've Watched/Read:

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (A)

Elfen Lied (A)

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (A)

Mahoraba: Heartful Days (A)

K-ON! (A)

Yu-Gi-Oh GX (A)

Code Geass (A)

Pita-Ten (M)

Kamichama Karin (M)

Touhou: Silent Sinner in Blue (M)

Kanon (M)

G Gundam (A)

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (M)

Case Closed/Detective Conan (M)

Fate/Stay Night (A)

Anime/Manga I'm Currently Watching/Reading

Bakemonogatari (A)

Umineko no Naku Koro ni (A)

Anime/Manga I Want to Watch/Read

Queen's Blade (A)

Kuuchuu Buranko (A)

Currently Watching/planned:

Star Ocean Ex

Blue Dragon

Ghost in the Shell: Innocence (which is apparently the best one out of the other GitS)

Halo Legends (first episode done)

I don't know about Innocence being the best of the GitS series. I mean GitS: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG was a great series, and the SAC movie Solid State Society was better than Innocence too, I thought.

Currently Watching/planned:

Star Ocean Ex

Blue Dragon

Ghost in the Shell: Innocence (which is apparently the best one out of the other GitS)

Halo Legends (first episode done)

I don't know about Innocence being the best of the GitS series. I mean GitS: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG was a great series, and the SAC movie Solid State Society was better than Innocence too, I thought.

I don't know--Innocence just had gegobs more atmosphere than any other GitS. You could probably make an argument based on 2nd gig's entertainment value, but I just don't SSS cutting it. That's just my two sense, though.