Volunteers to help with TMS#FE section

VincentASM

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The speech bubbles would be amazing if it's possible. The avatars would be a nice touch.

That's definitely the hardest bit and while I have some ideas, don't get your hopes up XD

Either way, it'll probably take a while to implement, so feel free to go ahead with the Topic conversations as is. I am attempting to rip the stickers right now, so we can at least put those in soon.

I already made the page for Chapter 5 so I just copied and pasted the script to the one on the main wiki page. But like, my page doesn't have the table of contents? >_> Uhhh... I tried looking at the help stuff but yeah... or maybe I'm not looking at it carefully.

Don't worry about the table of contents; it appears automatically once you have enough subheadings.

Although you can manually add a table contents if necessary. Kinda forgot how to, so I'll need to look it up later.

Edited by VincentASM

Oh yeah, I think adding __FORCETOC__ or __TOC__ should work. Generally you don't need to unless you finish with not enough subheadings.

You can add __FORCETOC__ anywhere on the page, but near the top is best so editors can see it. Alternatively, you can use __TOC__ to manually place the table of contents in a particular spot (not recommended unless the default position clashes with something)

Hmm, I wonder..

Ah, I see. Well, that's fine too. I probably didn't have enough for Chapter 5 anyway and I'm still around the beginning for Chapter 6 anyway.

yeah well I should let you know I think Elise is useless in Sen 2.

Also also I just finished adding Mamori's skill page. I'm missing like a few Radiant skills in the game to fill it up. And an Extra Skill is left in Japanese because uh... I can't make sense of it no matter how much I try to break down the sentence. >_>

Finished BLACK RAIN with the English and romanized lyrics but the link is still red, if you click on it it shows that work has been done on it. Strange... Did I do something wrong?

Btw, do any of the song names that we don't have even appear in game in some form? If they don't then there's no way to get them is there?

Hmm, that's odd. It might be a wiki caching issue. I just re-saved the song card and lyrics page and the link changed to green.

I had a similar issue with the Topic stickers.

Which reminds me, I've added all the stickers here. I assume some of the stickers are slightly different in the English version? Will need to update those ones eventually.

Edited by VincentASM

Finished BLACK RAIN with the English and romanized lyrics but the link is still red, if you click on it it shows that work has been done on it. Strange... Did I do something wrong?

Btw, do any of the song names that we don't have even appear in game in some form? If they don't then there's no way to get them is there?

I'll need to verify some of them, but from memory :

友達以上、恋人未満 is "Maybe Friends, maybe Lovers".

君と僕との距離 is "Between You and Me".

雨音のメモリー, was Rainfall Memory I think, it should be easy to check, but I must say I'm not sure.

Fly~君という風~ is "Fly ~You are my wind~ ".

I've not yet done Tiki side story 3 and fought the last boss so I can't confirm the rest, but I nearing the end of the game, so I'll try to recheck all them whenever I can plus adding the 2 lasts.

Hmm, that's odd. It might be a wiki caching issue. I just re-saved the song card and lyrics page and the link changed to green.

I had a similar issue with the Topic stickers.

Which reminds me, I've added all the stickers here. I assume some of the stickers are slightly different in the English version? Will need to update those ones eventually.

Just saw that, great job, and the difference is that the kana are replaced with English, but apart from that, they are identical. Having the possibility to use them on the forum would be pretty nice too I think, I suppose it should work with .

Tmsfe-sticker_20.png

Sorry I haven't posted here in a while, as I said earlier, I'm approaching the end of the game, and I'll dedicate myself to update carnages, skills and enemy data when I'm almost done with the game. I'll probably try to help for all the other sections if I decide to do a new game+ playthrough after that (I still have to finish Fates Birthright and do the whole Revelations route).

As always, if someone has completed Yashiro's Radiant and Extra skills, please finish up the page I just added. I did most of it but I can't complete the ones I haven't unlocked. There's also a passive skill in there that I haven't gotten it to be translated too so if someone has it, that'd be great.

Also great on the topic stickers. I'll check the Wii Pad to edit in the script now.

A few corrections and additions :

雨音のメモリー is "Raindrop Memories" and not Rainfall Memory.

Fly~君という風~, they put it as "Fly: You're my wind" without the ~.

トンネルをくぐりぬけたら is "The Tunnel Home".

ファイアーエムブレム~光の戯曲~ is referred as "Opera of Light : Fire Emblem".

I'll try to get the 2 lasts, it won't be difficult for Touma since I'll just have to check my skills list but for Tiki's second song, I'll have to wait until I find a poster in-game or something.

As always, if someone has completed Yashiro's Radiant and Extra skills, please finish up the page I just added. I did most of it but I can't complete the ones I haven't unlocked. There's also a passive skill in there that I haven't gotten it to be translated too so if someone has it, that'd be great.

Also great on the topic stickers. I'll check the Wii Pad to edit in the script now.

I'm on it, or rather, I'll be soon. As I said, I'll try to update everything carnages/skills/enemy data when I reach the last boss, which is pretty soon. I'll have to find a better way to format the enemy data, especially the skills, which are kind of placed randomly, but I already have a few ideas.

Edited by Avk

Apologies for being rather silent the last few days, but I had been a bit busy and was just focusing on updating the wiki since I've now completed the game. I've as of now finished all of the character's carnage minus a few skills that I'll grind out this afternoon and double check to make sure they're right and the final weapon for each character since that can only be unlocked from the bonus arena difficulty that unlocks in Season 2 (New Game +). I've also added a section for Play Records that I'll keep updating as I unlock all of them, and a section for Clear Bonuses, that I very much would like someone to help me out with. As of now I've only added the basic information, but there is other stuff I am missing.

I also cannot figure out a good way to display enemy information, so if you do find something Avk I would love to see it. I've completed grinding out and recording both the Beginner and Intermediate arena. Including enemies, rewards, and the groups that they appear in. I'll keep getting that stuff down so nobody needs to worry about that. I just need a way to put it up that makes sense, so let me know if anyone has any ideas.

Sorry I haven't been very active too, especially after I said I wanted to do carnages and skills, I still plan on doing that but I was busy finishing the game and I'm currently a little bit busy with other things. I'll try to add skills pages whenever I can.

@Akineku, I only had a few ideas, but nothing really definite for now. I've tried to do something quickly on my spreadsheet (it's on the SF wiki test tab), but it's not really usable with the table format. There is too much information that has to be put in the Skills section for some enemies, and that will inevitably cause the table to be distorted. We can do specific pages for each enemy with only the main information on the table (Name, Level, Class, HP, EP, Weaknesses, Resistances, and maybe notes/comments), but that will require a lot more work.

It's more complicated than I first thought, and I haven't found a satisfying solution yet.

For the arena, I think the enemies that can appear are set by "round" from the first to the fifth. So probably Something like this :

Difficulty mode (Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced and Legendary) either separated with Sections like in the enemy data page or with tabs just like the skills pages.

Then per round where you list each possible enemy composition for each round.

The rewards can be put in a separate tab or section within the arena page, or maybe you add them somewhere in each difficulty section/tab (at the beginning or at the end).

I hope my description makes sense, and that I'm not mistaken in the way the arena function (if I am, then my suggestion probably doesn't make a lot of sense anymore, so feel free to ignore it).

Also, for the last song names :

ジャンプ!凰牙!!! is "Jump, Ouga!"

幻じゃない世界 is "This World Isn't an Illusion"

From Touma and Itsuki's profiles.

Edited by Avk

It's quite fine. I've been insanely busy as well with a few things that popped up here in the past few days. I've already completed the game though, I'm just grinding out the rest of the Play Records I can before running on to my next playthrough.

The table you have in your spreadsheet was actually pretty similar to mine yet we hit the same wall. There is just so much information that each enemy has and no really good way to display all of it. I'll keep playing around with stuff myself and see if I can get something looking fairly decent and hopefully one of us can come up with a solution.

We pretty much thought of the same thing for the arena page as well, as long as I am thinking of it like you are. After I finish at least the arena stuff for the first run I'll go ahead and see what I come up with for the Beginner arena and we can change things from there. Also just so that you can kind of get more of an idea what this entails, I've uploaded my spreadsheet that has all the arena data I've gathered thus far.

I also noticed that someone put up a section on the main page for the Food and Drinks, so while I was getting a Play Record, I went ahead and created that page. I've only got a few play records left to get, so I'll have that section finished up in a few days besides the New Game+ ones.

By the way, now that we have a sizable amount of content, I was wondering which setup you'd all prefer for the front page navigation?

1. Clicking on TMS#FE takes you directly to the wiki ala FE Cipher. This would make it easier for editors and you could potentially vary the layout a bit.

2. Clicking on TMS#FE takes you to the game page with links to the wiki ala Berwick Saga. This would make it more consistent with the other game pages, but editors wouldn't be able to add new links themselves.

I think both have their own perks and I can't really decide ^^

I think the first setup would be good since there's a lot to this game and we are already sort of having trouble fitting everything into tables and whatnot without making it too cluttered -- basically what I'm saying is there's always room for reorganization and redesign if needed, and the first option seems the easiest if we did decide to change how certain information is displayed. That's just my two cents though. If others think the other setup is better we can go with that Whatever works for most people is fine by me.

Edit: I don't want to double post so I'll put it here:

"re wo terasu" in the beginning of the lyrics for Black Rain... I know the song card says this, but I believe it's a typo. The kanji for this like is 俺を照らす, the first character being read as "ore" (as opposed to "re"). The translation also indicates this meaning, it's just a word for referring to one's self (a masculine form of "私" (watashi), essentially. Also, well if you listen to the song, that's what's being said. I'm leaving it alone for the moment but I want to know what other people think should be done.

Edit again:

This song has a lot of unusual readings for kanji... Like reading 運命 (usually "unmei") as "sadame" and 終末 (usually "shuumatsu") as "owari". It's not particularly uncommon in songs, but the pronunciation to be used is written in furigana (the small hiragana, or phonetic characters, above kanji characters). It's... sort of complicated to implement that in terms of formatting, but it's on the official lyrics. I know often times people just put the intended pronunciation in parenthesis... For example, "運命(さだめ)". I mean it is a little redundant when we have the romanized lyrics as well, I'm just not sure what people would prefer.

Another edit::

I added the sticker Kiria uses to the topic conversations... I didn't get rid of the description text completely, just commented it out <!--like this-->. I'm not really sure exactly which ones everyone else uses (didn't pay too much attention, would have to double check) so I didn't add them in.

How are we planning to extract the localized versions of the stickers?

Edited by yaycupcake

Dunno if anyone has picked up on this, but there seems to be a few stray Jugdral references in the game (Balmung) so I think double checking to make sure any other Easter eggs for other FE story arcs aren't in the game.

Also do promotions for characters do anything aside from make mirages look fancy and give performers new names? I could just be dumb and not realize what the changes are =\ just wondering if the changes are significant enough to warrant a section/guide on classes or not

Edited by Hero of the Fire Emblems

Promotions have different stats, and open up three new weapons that can be unlocked with each of those classes. That means skills tied to those weapons may be exclusively available if you change to that class. Even though there's technically infinite master seals (lottery) if you don't rely on RNG you can't promote, switch, and switch back every character, so you need to know the pros and cons of each class, because if you want to get all the skills on all the characters, you need to know which class you want to end up in, and goose that second, since I believe you only get 2 extra seals if you use up 14 to promote and reclass everyone.

That's just my understanding of the system though, and I can't say I'm an expert since I'm still in the middle of chapter 4 and I only promoted one character so far.

It's quite fine. I've been insanely busy as well with a few things that popped up here in the past few days. I've already completed the game though, I'm just grinding out the rest of the Play Records I can before running on to my next playthrough.

The table you have in your spreadsheet was actually pretty similar to mine yet we hit the same wall. There is just so much information that each enemy has and no really good way to display all of it. I'll keep playing around with stuff myself and see if I can get something looking fairly decent and hopefully one of us can come up with a solution.

We pretty much thought of the same thing for the arena page as well, as long as I am thinking of it like you are. After I finish at least the arena stuff for the first run I'll go ahead and see what I come up with for the Beginner arena and we can change things from there. Also just so that you can kind of get more of an idea what this entails, I've uploaded my spreadsheet that has all the arena data I've gathered thus far.

I also noticed that someone put up a section on the main page for the Food and Drinks, so while I was getting a Play Record, I went ahead and created that page. I've only got a few play records left to get, so I'll have that section finished up in a few days besides the New Game+ ones.

I'm the one who created that page, it was just a reminder for me to do that later, but thanks a lot for taking the lead. It's not exactly as I envisioned, well I didn't think that much about it to be fair, and I don't even know if what I wanted to do is possible : doing a double entry table to allow people to look more easily which character benefits from what, and which food/drink benefits which character(s).

Also, I think that vending machines have shared drinks, so doing vending machines for each place may be a little redundant. That apart, you did a really exhaustive work, so maybe we can just try to complete what you started.

However, this is personally pretty low on my priorities for the wiki (I want to finish the skills for each character first), especially since I still have really low knowledge on editing for now, but I'll try to look up how to do more things by myself.

Your spreadsheet for the arena seem to be progressing well, I wish I knew you were doing that earlier, before finishing the game, I did the Advanced difficulty of the Arena for a while. If you don't intend to do it next, I can just do it again and record the information while doing so.

By the way, now that we have a sizable amount of content, I was wondering which setup you'd all prefer for the front page navigation?

1. Clicking on TMS#FE takes you directly to the wiki ala FE Cipher. This would make it easier for editors and you could potentially vary the layout a bit.

2. Clicking on TMS#FE takes you to the game page with links to the wiki ala Berwick Saga. This would make it more consistent with the other game pages, but editors wouldn't be able to add new links themselves.

I think both have their own perks and I can't really decide ^^

I would like the game and the informations to be displayed on the main site just like the other games for consistency as you said, but maybe only after we achieve a fair level of completion of the wiki ? For now, I think editing the wiki should suffice, but I would prefer if we can eventually transfer everything on the main site.

Dunno if anyone has picked up on this, but there seems to be a few stray Jugdral references in the game (Balmung) so I think double checking to make sure any other Easter eggs for other FE story arcs aren't in the game.

Also do promotions for characters do anything aside from make mirages look fancy and give performers new names? I could just be dumb and not realize what the changes are =\ just wondering if the changes are significant enough to warrant a section/guide on classes or not

Balmung is far from being the only reference to other FE games, there are plenty of weapons from a lot of the FE games, but it's only the weapons.

And for the Promotions, it's mainly what yaycupcake said, different stats, and unlock exclusive carnages which can teach you some class exclusive skills (Aether for Great Lord as an example, also upgraded Session skills). I personally wonder if it affects stat growth since the promotions have very different orientations, but I have no evidence of that. Ultimately, you can acquire enough Master Seals to promote each Mirage at least twice, so while the choice is important, it's not like it's absolutely irreversible.

I just did the skills page for Touma. That took a really long time, and I'm still quite busy so I'm not sure this will progress quickly and steadily, but I will eventually finish it.

I'm the one who created that page, it was just a reminder for me to do that later, but thanks a lot for taking the lead. It's not exactly as I envisioned, well I didn't think that much about it to be fair, and I don't even know if what I wanted to do is possible : doing a double entry table to allow people to look more easily which character benefits from what, and which food/drink benefits which character(s).

Also, I think that vending machines have shared drinks, so doing vending machines for each place may be a little redundant. That apart, you did a really exhaustive work, so maybe we can just try to complete what you started.

However, this is personally pretty low on my priorities for the wiki (I want to finish the skills for each character first), especially since I still have really low knowledge on editing for now, but I'll try to look up how to do more things by myself.

Your spreadsheet for the arena seem to be progressing well, I wish I knew you were doing that earlier, before finishing the game, I did the Advanced difficulty of the Arena for a while. If you don't intend to do it next, I can just do it again and record the information while doing so.

I think I see what you are going for, and yes the vending machines do have shared drinks, but the only vending machine that changes its stock is the one in Fortuna Office. I still have all the data in a table on my spreadsheet so it shouldn't be too hard for me to spend a bit of time and add a tab that shows what food items give what benefits to each party member. When I created it I was thinking more along the lines of what I would use it for. I prefer to use the healing item that is closest to me, so I just put them in a slot depending on what location they are in. I can play around with adding in different tabs and I could probably manage to fit both ways in there since I do think that both ways have their merits, but if everyone else would rather do it by characters, then I can change that around in an hour or two. I'm getting the hang of editing the pages so it shouldn't be too hard.

As for the arena, I have already compiled all of the enemy data and most of the rewards but it takes forever to grind it out due to how little AC you get. The only thing I'm missing now is the 100 AC repeat drop just to double check and make sure I know what it is. After that there is another arena difficulty unlocked in Season 2, but that will be the only thing left for the actual battle part of the arena.

Also the Play Records section is mostly done. I've added all of the Play Records that I have obtained, but I am still missing a few that I won't be able to get for a while. If anyone has them, feel free to go ahead and add them.

I would like the game and the informations to be displayed on the main site just like the other games for consistency as you said, but maybe only after we achieve a fair level of completion of the wiki ? For now, I think editing the wiki should suffice, but I would prefer if we can eventually transfer everything on the main site.

Gotcha, I'll keep that in mind.

Yeah, right now the priority is to make it easier to editors to add to the wiki. We can figure out making the section and pages prettier later, etc. ^^

EDIT

I should add an official artwork gallery when I have time. At least that doesn't require me to play the game, I think.

Edited by VincentASM

Oh yeah, I think sometimes they use different images in the uh... Topic stuff in the game. Or at least so far, Tsubasa used one in her Side Story and the only thing I did was just type up "[an image of a dessert here]" or something like that. But I'm not sure if any website has the little icon/picture up...?

also I finished the Side Stories pages for Tsubasa, Tiki, Maiko and Barry but obviously there are different choices in the script so I couldn't include those options. Also I can't fill it on how to unlock most of the Side Stories because I... didn't keep track of when the game notified me. >_> I could only get down the Topics they send when it's unlocked.