Bloodstained Ritual of the Night: E3 Demo Gameplay

Jedi

SomecallmeJohnny, has a E3 Demo copy thanks to his 60$ + backing and he's showing off the demo.

I paid 28$ so I don't have access to it (But i'll get instant access when it comes out). Its looking really good.

Edited by Glorious Nippon Steel

I watched this video a little while ago. I have to say, I have played very little Castlevania and I haven't been following this game at all, but it looks really good. The animations are so smooth.

I also wouldn't be surprised if the disappointment of Mighty no. 9 affect sales in some way.

Edited by CooledEvergreen

It looks very akin to the Metroidvania games in terms of even how attacks work, like Johnny showing off the jump cancels made me giddy, because its like YES it truly feels like a castlevania game like promised.

Does Miriam suffer from Belmont Foot Disease?

Anyways, never played a Castlevania game before; nevertheless, the game caught my eye. Probably going to try and get through one early next year; a couple specific ones have been in my backlog.

Edited by The DanMan

Anyways, never played a Castlevania game before; nevertheless, the game caught my eye. Probably going to try and get through one early next year; a couple specific ones have been in my backlog.

Which ones? I'd almost list every single game in the franchise as a recommendation, but thats me as a castlevania fanboy haha.

I could do without the player's particular pattern of speech, but the game looks pretty good. It's also nice to see "soul collecting" return since the only games I've played from the main series are the "of Sorrow" ones. I planned on playing more but got interested in other stuff. Definitely keeping an eye on this one.

Which ones? I'd almost list every single game in the franchise as a recommendation, but thats me as a castlevania fanboy haha.

Aria of Sorrow and Portrait of Ruin; the former is generally praised all-round, while the latter seems to be considered more of a "jack-of-all-trades, master of none" title. I'm saving Dawn of Sorrow until after Aria, not sure about Order of Ecclasia, and heard mixed to negative opinions on the other two GBA ones.

Aria of Sorrow and Portrait of Ruin; the former is generally praised all-round, while the latter seems to be considered more of a "jack-of-all-trades, master of none" title. I'm saving Dawn of Sorrow until after Aria, not sure about Order of Ecclasia, and heard mixed to negative opinions on the other two GBA ones.

Order of Ecclasia is one of the more challenging games in the series and is the most difficult Metroidvania of the lot, i'd say save that one for when you have experience from the others, I'd say give the other GBA ones a shot too, if you have access to the PSN or anything of the sort I highly recommend Symphony of the Night. I personally liked Portrait the most of the DS games but thats a rare opinion, all 3 are really solid though.

For old school Castlevania's they can mostly be all found on the old Wii VC or other means, including my favorite Classicvania, Rondo of Blood. Due warning however the older castlevania's tend to be on the more challenging side, the PSP revamp of Rondo is pretty solid too and even comes with SoTN and the original Turbographix-16 version of Rondo as well.

You'll generally hear praise/dislike for certain games and "style", but I'm someone who's pretty much enjoyed every Castlevania game in the series barring my loathing for Lords of Shadow and anything related to it, and a few I just am not particularly fond of.

Edited by Glorious Nippon Steel

Order of Ecclasia is one of the more challenging games in the series and is the most difficult Metroidvania of the lot, i'd say save that one for when you have experience from the others, I'd say give the other GBA ones a shot too, if you have access to the PSN or anything of the sort I highly recommend Symphony of the Night. I personally liked Portrait the most of the DS games but thats a rare opinion, all 3 are really solid though.

I'm going to second this. Order of Ecclasia is stupidly difficult... Which is why I probably should not have played it first (I got stuck on the second boss... After spending a day or two trying to defeat the first boss). Why did I decide that this was a good idea

It's fun... Just really, really difficult.

I'm really liking the gameplay, and maybe because I'm currently playing Kirby: Planet Robobot, but the ability to copy enemies abilities reminds me of Kirby.

The different stats makes me wonder if we are getting different playable characters.

Amd while I usually worry that Mighty No.9 may have damaged the reputation of Kickstarter games, I'm starting to realize that Mighty No.9 is a special case. It's own failure I guess.

It was basically unplayable for me with keyboard. The button prompts all came up using XOne terminology, and I had to trial and error for 20 minutes before realizing I couldn't attack unless I clicked the mouse. With no way to remap keys as yet, I won't be finishing the demo. The art and soundtrack were amazing though!

Edited by Balcerzak

This looks really good its been a long time since I played a Castlevania game, what system will this be on?

PC, PS4, Wii U, Xbox One, Vita.

It was basically unplayable for me with keyboard. The button prompts all came up using XOne terminology, and I had to trial and error for 20 minutes before realizing I couldn't attack unless I clicked the mouse. With no way to remap keys as yet, I won't be finishing the demo. The art and soundtrack were amazing though!

Hopefully the full game will have controller support or mapping. Cuz omg i couldnt play that shit with a keyboard.

I backed this shit, and man its exciting to see it. Im holding out for the PC version.

It might actually have controller support, but I do not have a controller. Someone else might have to weigh in on that.

I believe it does, it not having support would be really silly.

It looks pretty good. I kind of expected it to be a Sotn style castlevania, although I've always preferred just having the hack n slash platforming of 4 and rondo of blood. I guess it might have some kind of "Julius/Richard mode" to emulate playing a castlevania without the collecting powerups. Althuogh I hope it actually redesigns the levels to be platform oriented instead of what most of the GBA and DS castlevanias did. Having a charather that starts with their full move list and collects hearts as sub item ammo isn't ALL there is to the old style castlevania!

It looks pretty good. I kind of expected it to be a Sotn style castlevania, although I've always preferred just having the hack n slash platforming of 4 and rondo of blood. I guess it might have some kind of "Julius/Richard mode" to emulate playing a castlevania without the collecting powerups. Althuogh I hope it actually redesigns the levels to be platform oriented instead of what most of the GBA and DS castlevanias did. Having a charather that starts with their full move list and collects hearts as sub item ammo isn't ALL there is to the old style castlevania!

Nah, its just the Metroidvania style is fairly different from the Classicvania way of doing things. I love both ways the series went, the platforming challenges and stuff are usually welcome.

Rondo of Blood is my 2nd favorite castlevania game with my first being Symphony of the Night, so my tastes bounce between both, I love pretty much all of them though as I stated earlier, heck I even enjoyed Lament of Innocence and Curse of Darkness, (Not Lords of Shadow though but... thats for various reasons).

Guess what will be one of the first game I'll download on the PS4 ?

I dunno what to say, from this video, this is what I expected the game to be. Except for the graphism, it's even more beautiful than I thought it would be.

Edited by B.Leu