Was there a good reason for Shigure's hair color to be fixed?

Cheshire

You know, other than, "Awakening did it with Lucina"? Pretty sure the only reason Lucina had a fixed hair color is because she was relevant enough to the plot to be in CG cutscenes, unlike Shigure. (I don't know about Heirs of Fates though) Personally I would've really liked to see Shigure inherit his hair color from his father.

It has been mentioned in his supports that he is supposed to look like the last king of Valla. Don't know how important this is to warrant this special treatment though.

You should also consider that Azura, Arete, Shigure and Anankos all have the same hair colour because they are members of the same lineage.

It has been mentioned in his supports that he is supposed to look like the last king of Valla. Don't know how important this is to warrant this special treatment though.

You should also consider that Azura, Arete, Shigure and Anankos all have the same hair colour because they are members of the same lineage.

That... makes a lot of sense, actually. But I also noticed they all have names that start with A (Anakos, Arete, Azura), except for Shigure, which kinda sets him apart from his lineage, and in that case would make him having his dad's hair color more appropriate, for lack of a better term? I don't know.

Hair color is determined by mother

Shigure can only have 1 mother

This all kids have their mom's hair color except M!Kana who has his dad's hair color.

Shigure's story importance is only relevant in Heirs of Fates DLC.

That... makes a lot of sense, actually. But I also noticed they all have names that start with A (Anakos, Arete, Azura), except for Shigure, which kinda sets him apart from his lineage, and in that case would make him having his dad's hair color more appropriate, for lack of a better term? I don't know.

The last king of Valla was named Cadro, whom Shigure resembles to the point that even Anankos in his insanity mistakes him for Cadros in the Heirs of Fates DLC.

The last king of Valla was named Cadro, whom Shigure resembles to the point that even Anankos in his insanity mistakes him for Cadros in the Heirs of Fates DLC.

Alright then. Didn't know that since I only played a little bit of the first Heirs of Fate but I guess I should've checked anyway.

The last king of Valla was named Cadros, whom Shigure resembles to the point that even Anankos in his insanity mistakes him for Cadros in the Heirs of Fates DLC.

Cadros was the first king of Valla, not the last. There was some confusion regarding whether he was Azura's father or ancestor before HoF was localized, though, so I guess I understand why you thought that.

In regard to the thread, though, it is, in fact, probably because Awakening did it with Lucina. Or maybe it's that Azura's gorgeousness always overrides his father's genes, who knows.

Nitpicking powers activated

Anankos's hair color, while still blue, is notably darker than that of the Vallite royals. Yes I linked to images that is the power of the nitpicking.

Edited by Lightchao42

But I also noticed they all have names that start with A (Anakos, Arete, Azura), except for Shigure, which kinda sets him apart from his lineage, and in that case would make him having his dad's hair color more appropriate, for lack of a better term? I don't know.

It's kinda moot when "Anankos" is "Hydra" in JP.

Well and let's not forget one other thing about the family of Azura. Valla spoilers ahead

Kamui is Azura's cousin and the direct son/daughter of Anankos and if we go by the default portrait he ends up with grey hair and red eyes while everyone else has yellow eyes and light blue hair. Mikoto is Arete's sister and she looks way more Japanese than Vallite in any way and she has dark brown/black hair and then there's Lilith who while does share all the traits of the family (yellow eyes, blue hair) she starts with an L instead. There's also Kana to think about as well.

Edited by Raguna

He probably has fixed blue hair because Awakening did it with Lucina.

Well and let's not forget one other thing about the family of Azura. Valla spoilers ahead

Kamui is Azura's cousin and the direct son/daughter of Anakos and if we go by the default portrait he ends up with grey hair and red eyes while everyone else has yellow yes and light blue hair. Mikoto is Arete's sister and she looks way more Japanese than Vallite in any way and she has dark brown/black hair and then there's Lilith who while does share all the traits of the family (yellow eyes, blue hair) she starts with an L instead. There's also Kana to think about as well.

Also for whatever reasons,

it's impossible for the Avatar to have the same Anankos/Lilith's light blue hair. Kinda weird. He probably gets the red eyes from Mikoto, though the Rainbow Sage also has red eyes so maybe it's a common thing for Fates dragons.

Edited by Thunderstar

He probably gets the red eyes from Mikoto

Mikoto's eyes always looked gray-brown to me. I figured he got the eyes from

Anankos, since the ones on his dragon-heart-thing are red.