The Absolute Worst Fire Emblem Characters.

I will proceed to list every game I've finished;

FE4: Arden. Don't think I need to explain, but just in case, worst movement on giant maps, terrible stats until promotion, which he's unlikely to ever reach.

FE6: Sophia. Almost every unit I recruit will attack, heal, or open a chest before I bench them. At least if I'm playing a team of bad characters, Wendy can be spoon-fed some early kills with triangle attack. Sophia will almost definitely require an arena, boss abuse, savestates, or all of the above.

FE7: Tough call, but its either Nino or Dorcas. Might be personal experience/bias talking, but Dorcas has always had a fatal combination of low speed and defense that keep me from ever using him successfully.

FE8: With no grind, Ewan/Amelia. Ross can be leveled somewhat reasonably in the Bazba chapter, but Ewan and Amelia don't have the same luxury. With grind, I'd say Garcia. Bad stats(by FE8 standards), and not great class.

FE9: Probably Lucia or Bastian. Bad stats, weak skills. There may be a better candidate here, but I've never seen success with these two.

FE10: Fiona. Its sad, because its really just wrong place, wrong time. Meg, Lyre and Vika come close, but at least they get a little use on their joining chapters.

FE11/12: Don't remember too well, but Mathis and Vyland were terrible if memory serves.

FE13: Ricken maybe Say'ri. Never really had a serious run at this game, but I recall not using them much.

FE14: Not really sure still. Orochi seems bad at a glance, but I'm sure someone is worse.

Overall, I would say Sophia. Unpromoted at level 1, halfway through the game, why? My suspension of disbelief wouldn't be affected if she were level 15.

Say'ri wasn't all that bad for me when I used her (and I don't really grind in awakening all that much) A better candidate for 13 would be yarne because he comes in at a time where you can't really use him without grinding.

And Orochi is nowhere near bad. Her Magic stat goes way high up to make her much better than hayoto. Plus that capture skill that let's her get other good units like danialla with a savage blow already on her.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awakening: Ricken and Maribelle for me... The fact that Ricken can't take two turns without deciding to die is annoying enough... by the time I got them.. Lissa had proven herself useful enough, not to mention that even Maribelle's kid is pretty useless. It's not like.. say... donnel.. where you can both level him up or keep him as a trophy. Basically... both of them can die at the drop of a hat... and both by that point in the game have more suitable replacements, you feel little to no need to grind for either of them..

For fates... hard to say... every unit tends to have it's ups and downs... I'd say Azura... and not even because she's a bad unit.. Her singing ability is great... but her sheer fragility makes you extremely cautious to use her... of course, dancers in previous games were fragile like this... but when she plays such a key role in story, you'd expect her to be somewhat decent in game combat. So the disappointment factor really plays into why I'm labeling her this way

You know what, I don't think I can care anymore about Arthur's bad luck. I'm going to give the American patriot a try in my LP and see it for myself. (I guess I'll have to get him the Hero promotion for his radiant American glory!)

All right, I'm in Chapter 9, and gave 2 Goddess Icons to Arthur. So far he has been going well, and his accuracy hasn't been a huge issue - Supports seem to work wonders in achieving 90+% accuracy, and for the time being, he has 0% enemy criticals too!

And Orochi is nowhere near bad. Her Magic stat goes way high up to make her much better than hayoto. Plus that capture skill that let's her get other good units like danialla with a savage blow already on her.

Orochi has high magic but that's it, It's the only thing she has over Hayato, other than the Capture skill.

Hayato, while he doesn't have an high magic like Orochi's(but It's still prety decent), is better than her in everything else, especially in Speed.

All right, I'm in Chapter 9, and gave 2 Goddess Icons to Arthur. So far he has been going well, and his accuracy hasn't been a huge issue - Supports seem to work wonders in achieving 90+% accuracy, and for the time being, he has 0% enemy criticals too!

Because you're always having him paired up, right?

Awakening: Ricken and Maribelle for me... The fact that Ricken can't take two turns without deciding to die is annoying enough... by the time I got them.. Lissa had proven herself useful enough, not to mention that even Maribelle's kid is pretty useless. It's not like.. say... donnel.. where you can both level him up or keep him as a trophy. Basically... both of them can die at the drop of a hat... and both by that point in the game have more suitable replacements, you feel little to no need to grind for either of them..

For fates... hard to say... every unit tends to have it's ups and downs... I'd say Azura... and not even because she's a bad unit.. Her singing ability is great... but her sheer fragility makes you extremely cautious to use her... of course, dancers in previous games were fragile like this... but when she plays such a key role in story, you'd expect her to be somewhat decent in game combat. So the disappointment factor really plays into why I'm labeling her this way

Maribelle, Brady and Azura are far from useless.

Maribelle is a mounted healer, which already makes her an useful unit regardless of stats and a better healer than Lissa due to mobility, and even then, only her defense is bad.

Brady already comes at Level 10 which means you can promote him from the moment you get him.

Azura sings, which makes her a very useful unit and she is not meant for fighting.

Water Mage already said everything I'd say, but it ain't like Lissa is going to be that much better off than Maribelle is by the time the latter joins, and a second healer is always useful.

TBH, the only healer I'd consider mentioning in this thread is Corple, who comes in late in the second generation... at level 1... in a game with ginormous maps. His substitute Sharlow isn't much better off, either.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

TBH, the only healer I'd consider mentioning in this thread is Corple, who comes in late in the second generation... at level 1... in a game with ginormous maps. His substitute Sharlow isn't much better off, either.

Well... At least he's inmune to the Sleep Mages from the Final Chapter if you try to train him.

Edited by Troykv

Well... At least he's inmune to the Sleep Mages from the Final Chapter if you try to train him.

Couldn't that be done by Lana or Nanna too? If so, I'd find it extremely hard to find any reason to field him, even if FE4 allows you to deploy everyone (and it's already hard to find a reason to use him anyway).

Maribelle, Brady and Azura are far from useless.

Maribelle is a mounted healer, which already makes her an useful unit regardless of stats and a better healer than Lissa due to mobility, and even then, only her defense is bad.

Brady already comes at Level 10 which means you can promote him from the moment you get him.

Azura sings, which makes her a very useful unit and she is not meant for fighting.

Even if she is not meant for fighting, She can hold her own in battle if you train her

From what FE games I've played, i find Ardan completely useless both as a character and as a unit. There's really no point in having generals on holy war since the maps are huge in that game and not to mention that training them would be nearly impossible.

I heard that Hannibal is the next general you get in ch 9 and I'm about to get him though I doubt if he will be better than Ardan.

Wendy, Sophia, almost all FE1 characters when it comes to personality...

I've only noticed recently, but I'm surprised at how many crappy units you get in FE6, especially compared to the other GBA games. Heck, I think that there are way fewer poopy characters in the first generation of FE4.

I'm so sorry to people that are offended by this opinion but dangit, the world needs to know.

Edited by MathMagoo12

Couldn't that be done by Lana or Nanna too? If so, I'd find it extremely hard to find any reason to field him, even if FE4 allows you to deploy everyone (and it's already hard to find a reason to use him anyway).

Actually... No... The Sleep Mages has like 19 Resistence, the only children able to pass that resistence are Corple and the Claude children if it's their class have and actual base resistence like Ced/Fee

Edited by Troykv

won't describe Sophia/Wendy as they've already been said

just want to expand a bit on fe14, but if you grind/dlc then everybody's viable of course

BR- well technically everybody in birthright is usable because the game's piss easy but for overall worst you'd probably have to go with Setsuna, as Takumi exists. Mozu has a special mention for also being released to Archer and being level 1 so you'd need to feed her exp, but again you've got Takumi. Hayato's also joins level 1, and iirc you already have an Orochi by then, so there's that. Azama isn't that great either, from my experience.

CQ- obligatory Odin mention, even if you reclass he has an ass E sword base and can't really double anything. He's pretty prone to getting RNG screwed but if not, Astra's deadly. Use Nyx.

Again, you have to spoon-feed Mozu some exp on a lot of chapters, and it's Conquest and Mozu is level 1 with ass stats and joins when things start picking up. As an Archer, is okay. Both of these guys need Heart Seals though, which can be costly and can take up resources so be wary.

Honorable mention to Laslow for sort of being mediocre outside of being a rally bot, and Arthur for really bad Luck so it might feel like FE6 again with accuracy troubles.

RK- Any unpromoted unit that joins in chapter 16+ is sorta bad and kind of not really useful except for Niles, maybe. Odin is super bad for being a level 12 dark mage when there starts to be promoted enemies around. He's no Nino, so I wouldn't waste my time.

(about Subaki, mine, while being sort of useful early on started doing 0 damage late game and just became a staff bot. he still remained in a slot in my party because Hinoka was a pair up bot.. and Hinoka would similarly do 0 damage to things. but in BR go wild)

Edited by Nuxl

He has A base staves, so he can sort of contribute a little even at base just by Physic or Restoring people before he falls out of range. Or Recover if they canto back to him I guess. He's certainly more useful than Fiona.

Sharlow can't use Recover but otherwise does the same, plus he has Berserk for free (although I guess someone like Ced or Hawke is probably rich enough to afford to buy it off him?)

Edited by Irysa

Actually... No... The Sleep Mages has like 19 Resistence, the only children able to pass that resistence are Corple and the Claude children if it's their class have and actual base resistence like Ced/Fee

Meh. That alone isn't enough to convince me he's worth investing in.

He has A base staves, so he can sort of contribute a little even at base just by Physic or Restoring people before he falls out of range. Or Recover if they canto back to him I guess. He's certainly more useful than Fiona.

Sharlow can't use Recover but otherwise does the same, plus he has Berserk for free (although I guess someone like Ced or Hawke is probably rich enough to afford to buy it off him?)

Well, be that as it may, Corple would need to have enough going for him for me to ignore the fact that Lana and Nanna practically render him obsolete, and from where I'm standing, he just doesn't have very much going for him...

Can't Corpul use Valkyrie if Claude married Sylvia? As expensive as that is, it's there if Corpul needs exp and you have a character that you don't particularly like. Not sure what it would do for Leen, though. And as bad as Arden is, I would use him to pass Vantage. As for other bad units, Lara and Lifis are among the worst thieves in the whole series, even Sothe(PoR) is better.

At least they can open doors, which is super useful in Manster, and Lara promotes to a dancer, so they're not the worst units ever (Lara doesn't even come close). Lifis can also steal tomes to incapacitate Mages and Lara can get captured for similar effects, which again is useful in the Manster chapters. Easily more than I can see PoR!Sothe doing.

Edited by Gradivus.

Can't Corpul use Valkyrie if Claude married Sylvia? As expensive as that is, it's there if Corpul needs exp and you have a character that you don't particularly like. Not sure what it would do for Leen, though. And as bad as Arden is, I would use him to pass Vantage. As for other bad units, Lara and Lifis are among the worst thieves in the whole series, even Sothe(PoR) is better.

The Valkyrie staff doesn't mean much of anything because the main castle restriction makes it practically useless..

Gareth. He comes right at the end of RD, where only magic-using enemies remain. He has high HP, but very poor Res and Speed meaning it will be a miracle if he survives the first enemy phase.

Gareth. He comes right at the end of RD, where only magic-using enemies remain. He has high HP, but very poor Res and Speed meaning it will be a miracle if he survives the first enemy phase.

I mean, why field him when you have a group of units you specifically trained for endgame

I mean, why field him when you have a group of units you specifically trained for endgame

I think it's more of a case because you only get him during endgame. Why gain a unit you will never use if he isn't good enough to pull his weight?

Personality-wise: Lifis from Thracia

Unit-wise: I'll say Leonardo or Wendy despite believing there may be worse units out there these two are the ones that come to my mind the most besides the aforementioned Gareth.

I've always thought Sophia was worse than Wendy due to her awful join situation. At least Wendy can break a wall and hold back so she doesn't die, and can even perform minor contributions in her joining chapter with little harm. Chapter 14, on the other hand, is basically designed for Sophia to die and you have to move around extremely carefully to prevent it.