Steam Sale indecision. Age of Wonders 3 with or without expansions.

MacLovin

I'm planning on getting Age of Wonders 3 on the steam sale. given that I can easily get the complete set for $25 it it worth it? Idk much at all about AoW3, but

My budget's $40 at most. I'm trying to decide on which fantasy and sci-fi strategy games to get. Excluding Stellaris for its price right now. I'm thinking either Endless Space or Sins of a Solar Empire; Rebellion.

And to finish off, I was thinking of either getting the civ 4 complete or Renowned Explorers.

btw, Endless Legends is out of the question for now until I'm able to make serious upgrades to my PC. Which won't be until maybe christmas.

age of wonders 3 is a really good game, i recommend the expansions fully.

i've heard endless space isn't very good - or wasn't very good, maybe patches saved it - but i can definitely vouch for sins. it's not a very deep game, but it's big and pretty and fun.

i never really loved civ 4, civ 5's great but i have no idea how much the bundle is on it

Age of Wonders 3 is a good choice if you like the Civ and Might & Magic series, and it's cheap. I'm not sure about the expansions though.

As for Civ 4, it depends. It's a good game imo, but it grew old compared to Civ V, where you don't have much chance of losing a battle with a tank vs a bunch of swordsmen because what the fuck those calculations make no sense. I still prefer it at any time of the day for it's quicker pace. If you like the Civ series, it's a safe buy, I guess, if the price is low enough.

I don't know about the other games. You may consider Galactic Civilizations, if that's your type of game. Must be below 20 dollars right now, iirc.

Edited by Rapier

I have galciv 2 complete.

Civ 4 complete is about $8. Main reason I want to try it is that I've heard it's better than 5.

Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion's been on the list solely because of the number of mods it has.

Also, what's a good cheap metroidvania style game? Teslagrad, Steamworld Dig?

Are the C&C standalone expansions (RA3's Uprising and Then Kane's Revenge/return/bleh) worth picking up?

Blew my $22 left of steam cash on AoW3 Deluxe and Sins of a Solar Empire Ultimate edition. Next sale, I'll probably grab all the cheap items like Cook, Serve, Delicious, 4 copies of AI War, Overlord Bundle, Torchlight 2, and etc.

I'm planning on gettiing an Nvidia GTX 750 TI so I can finally play some of these games without the graphics bottleneck. No idea if it fits in my min-desktop case though.

Edited by Skurge

The expansions of AoW3 are good so why not? Endless Space is a fine game if you dont mind repeating gameplay and lack of unique features. It's not a very good game for sure but if the full edition is 5 bucks or so, it is a great deal. Endless Space is totally inferior to Sin of Solar btw. Stellaris is very boring and bland at the moment so stay away from it. Sin of Solar is probably the best choice.

Edited by Magical CC

well I think the next thing to do is somehow save for a decent gpu, like a gtx 750.

I mean for fucks sake I have a gt 210, anything's an upgrade.

Civ 4 complete is about $8. Main reason I want to try it is that I've heard it's better than 5.

civ 4 has a better diplomatic/etc. game than civ 5, but it literally might as well not have a combat system in comparison to civ 5. take that for what it's worth.

Are the C&C standalone expansions (RA3's Uprising and Then Kane's Revenge/return/bleh) worth picking up?

kane's whatever, much like cnc3, is eyes emoji good shit. i can't speak for ra3.