I completely forgot Palutena existed in Smash 4

~Silver

This happens from time to time. Like... I'm just thinking to myself about something tangenitally related to Smash, and I think "Oh, yeah, Lucina's in the game" or "Falco's still around".

Some characters are certainly much less popular than others.

• 5 weeks later...

I usually forget about the Miis. Hardly anyone uses them seriously.

IIRC isn't Corrin like one of the best FE characters in Smash right now? I see several people playing him at both big and local tournaments.

Besides having basically photographic memory when it comes to remembering characters and I have no idea why, I can't forget Palutena after Uprising. She's just so amazing.

I can see a lot of characters being forgotten if you don't know them from their series. Palutena, Greninja, Olimar and a good chunk of others aren't too talked about in the Smash community outside of some older memes.

Also I swear to god the next person who complains about Lucina, Dark Pit and Dr. Mario is getting... me mad at them?

Anyways, I hope no one is forgetting they were costumes for Marth, Pit and Mario respectively until late in development when Sakurai decided to make them unique. They didn't "steal a roster slot" or anything.

Edited by TrueEm

Also I swear to god the next person who complains about Lucina, Dark Pit and Dr. Mario is getting... me mad at them?

Anyways, I hope no one is forgetting they were costumes for Marth, Pit and Mario respectively until late in development when Sakurai decided to make them unique. They didn't "steal a roster slot" or anything.

I would rather have more costumes than a padded roster size. Most players don't use Dr. Mario over Mario, so it'd be better to have him as a costume anyway.

I kind of wish that dr. mario went all out as a "melee" version of mario. Kind of like old sagat in super street fighter 2 turbo, except instead of damage scaling on his uppercut and no bar, he would just have access to melee's vert acceleration, shield mechanics, wave dashing. etc. It would be balanced out by him not being able to use smash4 tech. (He wouldn't be able to grab ledges without facing them as the rest of the cast can, air dodging puts him in helpless state, etc).

Of course I'm pretty sure he would terrible compared to Smash 4 mario, there's a reason why so few people used the other old variant characters in street figher 2.

Now lucina inheriting marth's melee physics on the other hand...

Edited by Reality

I kind of wish that dr. mario went all out as a "melee" version of mario. Kind of like old sagat in super street fighter 2 turbo, except instead of damage scaling on his uppercut and no bar, he would just have access to melee's vert acceleration, shield mechanics, wave dashing. etc. It would be balanced out by him not being able to use smash4 tech. (He wouldn't be able to grab ledges without facing them as the rest of the cast can, air dodging puts him in helpless state, etc).

Of course I'm pretty sure he would terrible compared to Smash 4 mario, there's a reason why so few people used the other old variant characters in street figher 2.

Now lucina inheriting marth's melee physics on the other hand...

anybody with melee physics would be broken. imagine doc's l canceled fair on this game's shields.

I would rather have more costumes than a padded roster size. Most players don't use Dr. Mario over Mario, so it'd be better to have him as a costume anyway.

There are people who prefer Lucy, Dark Pit and Doc over their originals. It's nicer to have the option.

Besides, it's better to have the little extra on the base roster, even if it means nothing because of the DLC.

anybody with melee physics would be broken. imagine doc's l canceled fair on this game's shields.

On that same subject, Ice Grabbers.

Makes me glad they're not in this game.

On the current subject, Olimar barely if ever exists to me.

Edited by Falaflame

On that same subject, Ice Grabbers.

Makes me glad they're not in this game.

On the current subject, Olimar barely if ever exists to me.

ice climbers are low key one of the coolest and most creative characters. they could've easily been fixed, just like MK.

miis are banned in all the tournaments i go to so they absolutely don't exist for me.

• 3 weeks later...

ice climbers are low key one of the coolest and most creative characters. they could've easily been fixed, just like MK.

miis are banned in all the tournaments i go to so they absolutely don't exist for me.

I've sometimes seen them banned. In my region they're allowed as the default Guest Miis with their first special moves ("default moveset") only. But nobody wants to play as a bland avatar, so they are usually never seen, not to mention they're all pretty bad with just their default special moves.

• 2 weeks later...

The only character I actually forget sometimes is in the game are the Miis... The rest of them I remembered them well... even I would wish don't remember one of them (Corrin)

Micaiah 4 Smash!

Shameless advertising for a Micaiah-related Blog right here! http://thedawnhistorian.blogspot.mx/

• 3 weeks later...