Best chapter in the entire series?

Dinar87

Fire emblem as a whole is a fanatstic game series and it's still doing fairly well today (though it could be better). Throughout the series there's been many chapters that stood out from the rest be it for gameplay or story reasons. Anyways, I thought I'd ask you guys what you thought was the best in the series for you.

​My vote goes to chapter 11 from PoR as it portrays the racism between the beorc (humans) and the laguz (shape shifters) pretty well. It also makes Crimea seem like not such a 100% good country as well as the towns people are more than happy to live under Daein rule as long as they take care of the "sub humans" (the shapeshifting laguz) in Ike's army. When they realise that Daein rule is too oppressive for their liking it's enjoyable seeing those scumbags break down as they realize that Daein rule treats them as slaves. The only issues are the BK appearing (and being able to move right after spawning which could easily kill you if in range) and Jill spawning (you have to avoid her massive range if you want her to live and become playable later on).

All in all, I liked that chapter a lot!

Conquest Chapter 15 is really interesting. You can either stick around for the rewards, or run away. I like having alternate win conditions, and choices.

Conquest Chapter 15 is really interesting. You can either stick around for the rewards, or run away. I like having alternate win conditions, and choices.

I agree. It's more interesting when chapters have little side objectives like that isn't it.

It might be cliche, but Chapter Ten of Conquest is the most deliciously frantic thing I've ever played. I love how if you let your guard down the enemy crushes you. I love the curveball that gets thrown at you.

It might be cliche, but Chapter Ten of Conquest is the most deliciously frantic thing I've ever played. I love how if you let your guard down the enemy crushes you. I love the curveball that gets thrown at you.

Ah so for you it's the gameplay that attracts you. Is chapter 10 really so difficult? I've seen gameplay where you get INSANE loot from the villages...can the enemies stop you from getting that or is it always up for grabs?

Chapter 10 of Conquest is absolutely moral breaking and difficult but in the most fun way possible. Absolutely love it, especially when completing it and visiting all the villages feels like the best feeling in the world.

I'm also pretty fond of Last Hope from the Sacred Stones and Cogs of Destiny from Rekka no Ken.

I really like Chapter 7 in The Binding Blade. The difficulty spike really challenges the player, the various objectives you can accomplish (recruiting 3 characters, all the houses) can make the player perform some unconventional strategies, and it's still a chapter you can do even if you didn't prepare for it. I find the chapter difficult on Hard mode, but it's one I always enjoy.

If we're talking about story, then, as much as I dislike Revelation, Chapter 17 was pretty great.

[spoiler=Revelation Chapter 17 spoilers]First off, you can't save. I absolutely loathe this for the Endgame chapters, but for this chapter it just... works. It's a sense of dread. And then the reinforcements come and you're just thinking to yourself, "how am I supposed to do this?"

Then Xander and Leo come. Then "A Dark Fall" takes over as the chapter's track. It really does give you a sense of "hey, this might actually be possible now". Chapter 17 was one of the very few chapters I enjoyed in Revelation.

Yeah, I love Conquest Chapter 15. One of the few chapters I can't wait to play whenever I start up a Conquest run.

Chapter 4: Collapse of the Alliance (Binding Blade)

Chokepoints, recruitable enemy, houses to protect/visit, sturdy boss, reinforcements from the rear... this chapter is what FE is all about. It's so good, in fact, that it was used again in Blazing Sword.

Ah so for you it's the gameplay that attracts you. Is chapter 10 really so difficult? I've seen gameplay where you get INSANE loot from the villages...can the enemies stop you from getting that or is it always up for grabs?

There are no bandits, but trust me when I say this, there don't need to be. The longer the chapter lasts the less opportunity you have to get the loot. Not to spoil anything, but by turn 8 you will NEED each and every unit to be either fighting or healing; there won't be room for getting loot.

There are no bandits, but trust me when I say this, there don't need to be. The longer the chapter lasts the less opportunity you have to get the loot. Not to spoil anything, but by turn 8 you will NEED each and every unit to be either fighting or healing; there won't be room for getting loot.

I've just seen part of a walkthrough of chapter 10 out of curiosity and it seems there's a few things...

1. You have a time limit to get all those houses so it's as if there were bandits there already. I like that the game at least puts pressure on players to get everything...even though all of these types of design are ruined by the fact that you can still grind away your problems with DLC. It makes the lack of a world map pointless.

​2. The battle convo with Corrin and Oboro is cringe worthy at best. They practically turn her "scary face" into just a lame joke! She doesn't appear threatening in any way...her stats are typical boss-tier though.

​3. Beruka and Selena (I think that's their names) are angry at you for not remembering them....even though you never even knew they existed. I wish the game could let you mock or kill them!

​4. The enemies have dumb AI. Instead of just rushing to the green areas in overwhelming numbers (on lunatic) they simply opt to attack your comrades instead. It's like they're TRYING to fail. Oh wait, the Pegasus knights do indeed do just that! Or....do they? I can't really tell.

5. Camilla is a tank.

6. It's good that enemies don't get to move on the turn that they respawn.

I'll continue watching it to see if it gets better....

Edited by Dinar87

Chapter 4: Collapse of the Alliance (Binding Blade)

Chokepoints, recruitable enemy, houses to protect/visit, sturdy boss, reinforcements from the rear... this chapter is what FE is all about. It's so good, in fact, that it was used again in Blazing Sword.

The bad part about that chapter was Rutger's ambush spawn brigade. It's the fact that he has a killer edge which makes setting any unit in his 5 square tile is threatening to your health. And all your units probably should be in that 5 by 5 area when turn 4 comes.

^He spawns on turn 6 with a clear warning.

This.

The reinforcements from the rear are much more threatening on the first time through, especially if you left some characters in the back.

Like Wolt.

Edited by ChibiToastExplosion

Radiant Dawn part 2 endgame; Elincia's Gambit

I adore having the yellow team around, not having full control but having a larger army really makes you feel the civil war. Having multiple ways to win a map is always a good thing, and Geoffrey's team showing up near the end gives a nice twist. And if I may add, the ending of part 2, with Lucia at the gallows, Queen Elincia's decision, and the entrance of the Greil Mercenaries makes this my favorite chapter in all of Fire Emblem

Radiant Dawn part 2 endgame; Elincia's Gambit

I adore having the yellow team around, not having full control but having a larger army really makes you feel the civil war. Having multiple ways to win a map is always a good thing, and Geoffrey's team showing up near the end gives a nice twist. And if I may add, the ending of part 2, with Lucia at the gallows, Queen Elincia's decision, and the entrance of the Greil Mercenaries makes this my favorite chapter in all of Fire Emblem

I agree! Elincia's gambit is one of the best chapters in FE history imo. The multiple objectives, the huge amount of units on the field making it feel like the important battle it's supposed to be, Elincia's growth as a character, etc... all play a part in making the chapter very well done.

Edited by Dinar87

Chapter 22: The Neverending Dream (FE6)

Despite Zephiel being a rather pathetic boss, I love indoor maps. This map forces the player to split their forces, has plenty of FE6's threatening Status staves, and is the first chapter where Roy can use the Binding Blade.

I just really like it.

Elincia's Gambit is great, but I feel the enemy placements and/or class variety let it down a bit. It's far too easy to take advantage of the 1-tile choke-points and the enemies are not particularly powerful, and it's also easy to cheese the map with an early boss kill. Map would have benefited strongly from enemy fliers to flank you or charge for the depend point.

And on that note, I'm going to go for CH10 Conquest. So brilliantly designed in almost every way. And every single unit you have is useful and needs to be used to the fullest. If the rest of the game was full of maps of the same calibur then it would be by far my favourite FE.

I love chapter 14 from Thracia 776 because it has optional objectives in the form of two "important" villages that are hard to visit, especially one who hold a really powerful personal weapon, a good difficult and I just love the atmosphere of that chapter: It really feels like Freege is sending all of his troops and more turns passes, more the situation seems to be hopeless, especially when some wivern riders and a certain squad of mages arrives.

I want to give a special mention to chapter 10 from Conquest: It start pretty easy, like many defense chapters, but a certain event transform it in a chapter full of tension with a dufficult that truly test you until the end, in my opinion.

Also, the fact that this chapter is the one that takes a great ispirstion from chapter 14 from Thracia 776 probably helped to make me love it even more.

I've enjoyed a lot of Binding Blade stages for their good challenges without being cheap. Except for the forced deployment of Cecilia in Chapter 14: that artificially increased the difficulty, and had no in-story justification whatsoever unlike Sophia did. But Chapter 11 showing Ebracum (I forgot if it was 11A or 11B, the one with the corrupt preist from the Emmeline Church that Saul and Ellen has a bone to pick with) from Binding Blade takes the cake, as it is quite spot on in depicting the back story onto gameplay. The rather unkept nature of the town and the bandit reinforcement, and a misguided Klein showing up as a enemy/recruit shows just how deceptive Aracard and Roartz were on the upper administration of Etruria, just how corrupt the Western Isle colonial administration is, and just how broken the town is.

Edited by henrymidfields