[FE14] Conquest Draft: The One Where Everyone Picks Ninja for Their Talent

CHAPTER 12 - 4/75 TURNS

Oh man this really pushed the team to the limit. Lots of tonics all around.

Corrin/Severa got danced on turn 1 and broke the pot to the ninja cluster, Percy sheltered Azura and Peri took her and swapped back to Azura so she could dance Arthur/Effie, Arthur dropped Effie as far north as possible. Effie survived Kagero with 2hp and none of the other ninja's around damaged her, so they all suicided on Arthur (with dual strikes from Effie). This part was annoying since Effie had 75 hit on them all and usually missed once or Arthur tanked a 2% crit or something. Jakob+Dual Club Percy finished a Samurai that attacked Azura, and Percy flew north and killed Kagero with the handaxe. Azura danced Percy after passing her Peri, and Corrin chipped Saizo allowing Percy to finish, after swapping Peri with Selena. Effie and Arthur moved ahead and used concoctions, Effie had to equip a bronze sword so the Samurai's would attack her. Corrin broke the pots on turn 3, Jakob healed Azura and was danced ahead just out of range of the Silence staff. Percy, Effie and Arthur all killed the bow dudes in the middle (out of range of the freezestaff guy). Percy tanked the defence seal and Arthur killed the other one that attacked him on the enemy phase, Corrin engaged the lance fighters from the right side. Azura danced Jakob ahead to heal Arthur, Percy swapped to Selena and she killed the Javelin jerk near Ryoma, and Arthur took Percy from her so he could OHKO the ninja two spaces below Ryoma with the Steel Lance, and Effie Javelin'd Ryoma (at 90 hit, Arthur support gives so much hit), and Arthur needed to land one of two dual strikes at 60 hit to kill him through wane festal healing. Ryoma had 5% crit on Effie, but only did 5 damage so her chance of death there was pretty low. Peri would have got to finish a Lance fighter but Corrin missed once at 90 something hit which sucked. Selena survived all the swarm of remaining enemies with 1hp on the turn 4 EP, she's the best.

CHAPTER 13 - 6/81 TURNS

Reinforcements ruined everything. I got all the swag at least.

FLAME SHURIKEN JAKOB went towards Orochi, he had to use the Flame Shuriken because he levelled up and got tomebreaker and otherwise he wouldn't be attacked without the avoid boost. Selena killed Orochi on turn 2 and Corrin helped mop up other dudes. Unfourtunately didnt get the Kodachi last chapter. Turn 3 Jakob dropped Selena in range of Reina and finished her on turn 4 with Corrin's help, and Jakob lured a wyvern to trigger the reinforcements on the same turn, killing it with flame shuriken. Flame Shuriken Jakob crippled Scarlet, Corrin finishing her on turn 5, while Selena got the other goon. Selena + Corrin mopped up the reinforcement wyverns, Selena ORKO'd with steel, while Jakob took two turns to kill the outlaw loser.

On the other side, Arthur with pocket Effie charged south, and prayed that Takumi didn't critblick him on turn 1, Peri/Percy (and Effie before being danced) took out two of the thwomps up there. Arthur and Percy beat up Takumi, Percy and Peri finished the last thwomp that attacked Azura, and then they handled two of the cav squad, with Effie luring the beastkiller guy in with a built up dual gauge. Peri with eventual Pocket Percy got the blessed lance then killed the cavalier reinforcements, Effie got the arms scroll, Arthur the dosh, and Azura got the Master seal.

Leo acquired! I'm glad he's prepremoted i'm kinda low on money.

UNIT        CLASS           LEVEL HP ST MG SK SP LC DF RS WEP LEVEL
CORRIN      NINJA           17.36 33 13 04 15 19 10 16 08 C SHURIKEN (D SWORD D DRAGONSTONE)
JAKOB       BUTLER       ??/16.88 29 13 09 23 17 19 10 16 B SHURIKEN C STAFF
ARTHUR      CAVALIER        17.84 31 18 00 16 13 06 15 11 C LANCE D SWORD (D AXE)
EFFIE       GREAT KNIGHT 14/02.18 30 21 00 11 10 13 20 09 B LANCE E SWORD E AXE
SELENA      MERCENARY       16.90 29 15 03 15 20 10 15 10 C SWORD 
PERCY       WYVERN RIDER    14.33 25 17 00 14 12 17 19 05 D AXE
PERI        CAVALIER        13.79 27 16 00 10 14 11 11 12 C LANCE D SWORD 

CHAPTER 14 - 2/83 TURNS

Heart Seal'd Selena to Sky Knight. She enabled Leo to get entrapped (after several resets) to kill the boss after using magic/speed tonics. Arthur got a level up top, Peri levelled killing a goon to protect Azura.

CHAPTER 15 - 3/86 TURNS

I knew that one random kill Azura got in Chapter 10 was worth it! Also Percy's Paralogue

Heart Sealed Azura to Sky Knight, then promoted her to Falcon Knight. Carried Corrin to the boss and Corrin did the deed over the course of two turns. Missed the spirit dust, but such is life.

Hilariously Azura comes back as a level 21 songstress when heart sealed back, WORTH IT. Free 11 levels, maybe i'll actually get her level 25 skill.

Oh yeah, also promoted Corrin since they needed extra movement and stats to kill the boss.

Edited by General Horace

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You were able to reach the boss on Turn 2? That sounds impossible. Unless by over two turns you meant player phase and enemy phase.

Otherwise that may be the best strat I've seen in a draft.

Give Azura Warp in addition to a Galeforce Corn and you could 1-turn the map!

Chapter 16: 3/95

Probably the most RNG reliant clear so far. Promoted Benny to Great Knight and Nyx to Dark Knight, as well as Partner Sealed Jakob to Master Ninja.

Jakob paired up with Silas, Nyx with Benny, Azura with Maize. Silas went down and killed an Outlaw. Beruka went behind him and killed the other Outlaw with a Hand Axe + Silas Dual Strike. Benny went up and chipped an Outlaw with a Javelin. Gunter went around the ship to get to the upper left soldier, while Maize paired up with Azura, went down in range of the fighters and dark mages and switched to Maize equipped with the Grim Yato. Maize gets attacked by 4 enemies on enemy phase and needs to dodge one of the fighters in order to live. The fighters only have 29 hit, but I had to reset a fair bit because she'd keep getting hit anyway. Either that or Benny missing several 81 hit javelins and thus being unable to reach the top right soldier. Turn 2, Silas moves ahead into the lower right corner of the ship, and Beruka moves to the left of Silas, takes Jakob and then switches to Jakob. Miaze kills a dark mage, setting up a Dual Guard for the Berserker on enemy phase (well, that's what was supposed to happen). Benny talks to the upper right soldier and Gunter keeps moving around the ship. On enemy phase, Jakob gets frozen and enfeebled, but thanks to the Beruka pair-up and Dual Guard, he has no chance of death. On Turn 3, Jakob kills a merc blocking Silas' path to the lower right solider, getting Locktouch in the process. Gunter talks to the upper left soldier, and Maize talks to the final soldier, revealing Shura. What was supposed to happen was that Maize would one-shot Shura with a Killing Edge crit, but due to RNG randomness with Dragon Fang procs, Maize ended up with a full Dual Guard meter after fighting the Berserker last turn, along with full HP somehow, so she was able to go for a much more reliable kill by ORKOing Shura with the Grim Yato.

Chapter 17: 3/98

I lied, this was the most RNG reliant strategy of the run so far. Boots!Beruka with Bow Knight!Silas pair-up makes her way to the boss. The reason this is so RNG heavy is because Beruka needs to crit the Dual Katana Swordmaster to have a open path to the boss. The remaining Swordmaster then needs to attack Beruka from below on enemy phase, or there won't be a path to the boss. Beruka also needs to not crit the second Swordmaster, since he lunges her out of range of the Silver Sword Swordmaster who would otherwise kill her. Then she needs to crit the boss at 55 hit, 33 crit. It took at least two hours of resetting to get this to work, but on the plus side, more speed wings!

Chapter 18: 3/101

Even more RNG reliant than the last chapter. Maize with Jakob goes up and kills Zola, while Beruka and Silas go down to kill the Generals. Beruka Heart Sealed to Berserker since she needs to crit the second one on Turn 3 enemy phase. Also, she and Maize needed to dodge a bunch of attacks in order to not die.

I'm also out of Heart Seals, so the Level 3 shop better appear before Chapter 20 or else I'm screwed.

EDIT: The level 3 shop is available after Chapter 20, fml.

EDIT 2: I can definitely 2 turn Chapter 18, but that requires even more RNG bullshitery than the 3 turn clear (Maize activating Dragon Fang/Lethality on all of the Heros near the entrance, since she can't ORKO them otherwise; Beruka dodging a 60ish hit attack from a General after reclassing to Berserker; Maize critting/procing Dragon Fang against Zola to ORKO him while Beruka crits the 1st General boss with the hammer at 29 crit on the same turn, followed up by Beruka critting the second General on enemy phase. Preferably this would be the 1st thing to happen on enemy phase, but I doubt the game would be that kind and so Azura will probably have to dodge a Sorcerer on top of all the other crap), so I don't know if I'll actually do it. I guess you'll see whether or not I go through with it, haha.

EDIT 3: Redid the map in 2 turns, details on the next page.

Edited by Carmine Sword

CHAPTER 16 - 3/89 TURNS

Kept Azura as a Falconknight. She carried Leo up north, and he almost everything there on turn 1 and gained two levels. Corrin + Selena cleared the upper part of the right side, Percy (sorry bro, odd man out) went up the middle. Percy eventually talked to the bottom left dude on turn 3 once the path was clear. Felicia actually ORKO'd the mercenaries here with Jakob pairup, which ruled. Effie+Peri gooned the Enfeeble jer on turn 1 and then Effie tanked Freeze for the rest of the map. Peri ran over and got the upper right dude on turn 3 once the path was clear (except for some merc good she could handle), and Selena flew Corrin over to the final dude on turn 3, and she killing edge'd Shura, netting me DA BOOTS.

Did Kana's and Dwyer's Paralogues, grinded Leo's and Azura's support rank to A so I can get Shigure.

UNIT        CLASS           LEVEL HP ST MG SK SP LC DF RS WEP LEVEL
CORRIN      MASTER NINJA 17/05.00 36 17 04 20 25 11 22 17 C SHURIKEN C SWORD (D DRAGONSTONE)
JAKOB       BUTLER       ??/19.35 31 13 09 25 18 22 11 17 B SHURIKEN C STAFF
ARTHUR      PALADIN      18/02.93 33 22 01 18 15 08 17 16 C LANCE D SWORD (D AXE)
EFFIE       GREAT KNIGHT 14/05.09 32 23 00 11 12 14 20 09 B LANCE E SWORD E AXE
SELENA      FALCONKNIGHT 18/05.07 34 16 07 17 28 15 16 21 D LANCE D STAFF (C SWORD)
PERCY       WYVERN LORD  20/03.53 31 25 01 20 19 20 28 07 C AXE E LANCE
PERI        CAVALIER     20/01.37 31 24 04 14 22 14 14 18 C LANCE D SWORD
LEO         DARK KNIGHT  ??/06.66 37 16 22 18 19 18 21 23 B TOME D SWORD
FELICIA     MAID         ??/17.28 24 07 15 16 21 22 09 17 C SHURIKEN C STAFF 
Edited by General Horace

EDIT 2: I can definitely 2 turn Chapter 18, but that requires even more RNG bullshitery than the 3 turn clear (Maize activating Dragon Fang/Lethality on all of the Heros near the entrance, since she can't ORKO them otherwise; Beruka dodging a 60ish hit attack from a General after reclassing to Berserker; Maize critting/procing Dragon Fang against Zola to ORKO him while Beruka crits the 1st General boss with the hammer at 29 crit on the same turn, followed up by Beruka critting the second General on enemy phase. Preferably this would be the 1st thing to happen on enemy phase, but I doubt the game would be that kind and so Azura will probably have to dodge a Sorcerer on top of all the other crap), so I don't know if I'll actually do it. I guess you'll see whether or not I go through with it or not, haha.

If it happens, I demand you calc the chances.

C16 3/94 turns

Bought a Killing Edge and an Elixir.

This one was slightly unreliable. The right side was the funnest part. Turn 1, Camilla attacked a Merc with Thunder. Niles tradeswaps her to dual club and kills the quick draw Outlaw. Elise freeze staffed the paired Outlaw and the Outlaw to the North-East that Niles could kill from the same position. Due to the freeze, the latter can't move and suicides on Niles. The Merc Camilla chipped previously barely suicided against Camilla's Dual Club through Armored Blow. The Hero attacked Camilla, taking chip damage on counterattack. Turn 2, Niles paired with Camilla so she doubles the Hero and finishes off with Dual Club (she barely doesn't have the Atk to ORKO). Elise talked to the NE soldier and froze the paired Outlaw again. Azura dances for Camilla (who got frozen on EP1) and she switched Niles to avoid the freeze on EP2. There was only one Merc left that Azura survived a round against, so she was fine. Turn 3, Niles switched to Camilla again and she got danced to talk to the right-most soldier.

Meanwhile, Odin (pocket Jakob) soloed his way up the top left way, killing two Fighters and Dark Mages and one Berserker on turn 1. He proceeded to use an Elixir to survive the squad with the Master Seal!Sorcerer, Mjölnir critting said Sorc because I want the Seal. Turn 3, he talked to the left-most soldier.

Corrin (pocket Laslow) soloed her way through the bottom left path with steel shuriken to kill the mages on turn 1 and then with Grim Yato to take on the axe users after healing with a Vulnerary. Turn 3, she killed Shura with one KE crit. She may or may not have enough HP to survive Counter and get a second attempt to crit him, depending on how much she dodged. Spared him after the map. Got both seals.

Married Corrin to Jakob because I want to visit the paralogues for grinding, even though I can't use their kids.

C4x Dwyer free/94 turns

Trained Laslow and Elise, built Elise x Odin and Camilla x Niles supports. Odin went Swordmaster to get Vantage for Ophelia.

C2x Kana free/94 turns

Camilla soloed some of the enemy groups, getting lots of exp from promoted enemies. Laslow promoted at level 20 to Bow Knight (first level 20 promo for quite a while). Odin and Elise hit S rank.

C20x Ophelia free/94 turns

Got all the items (Horse spirit, Calamity Gate, Lightning and Spirit Dust). Promoted Ophelia at level 20 (she appeared at 18) to Dark Knight. Camilla x Niles hit A (and spoiler alert, it's slow-ass and it'll take a while until they actually hit S).

C17 3/97 turns

Bought a Killer Axe.

Went up from the start and then through the room with the Samurais, Ninja Masters and the Silence Maiden in the middle. Turn 1, Camilla got danced to drop Corrin there so she ORKOes the mooks on EP with DSes (had to convoy Grim Yato so she gets attacked). Everyone else made a formation to fend off the ninjas at the top of the chamber above the start. Niles also attracted the Silver Shuriken Master Ninja. Turn 2, Ophelia and Laslow finished off some Ninjas, so that only one unpromoted Ninja would remain, ensuring Elise's and Azura's survival. Shura lockpicked the Caltrops right of the chamber so Niles can join corN and Camilla and kill the Shrine Maiden. Corrin and Camilla just killed some Ninjas. Turn 3, Azura paired with Shura and he gave her to Nroc. Ophelia then triggered a Dragon Vein so Camilla can go up (otherwise the way is too long), with Niles removing the Caltrops so Nroc can ferry Azura to Camilla so she can give Nroc to her and dance. Elise then used another Dragon Vein to free the way to Kotaro and Camilla killed him with a Killer Axe crit, getting two attempts thanks to doubling. The chance for the bosskill is 34%.

C18 2/99 turns

Bought a Hammer.

Fielded everyone to the left. Ophelia (pocket Odin, who is still in SM mode) got danced down, killing the Spear!General with Calamity Gate. Jakob then froze the Beast Killer!General because he can OHKO Ophelia. Elise dropped Laslow below the start. Niles dropped Camilla just past the choke left of the start with Dual Club to deal with the Heroes. EP, Niles got enfeebled instead of Camilla for some reason (this happened consistently), which is handy. She proceeded to massacre the Heroes. Turn 2, Shura gave her a Hammer and got a kill off of a random mook. Ophelia Mjölnir critblicked the first General boss. Elise then paired with Laslow and he ferried her ahead to rescue Camilla down so she can kill the second General boss with Hammer (36/47 dmg) + a Lightning!Ophelia DS (via tradeswap, 6*2/47 dmg). Jakob ferried Nroc up and with a dance (from Azura ferried there by Niles), Nroc killed Zola with a KE crit, Lethality proc or double Dragon Fang proc. The chance for the clear is 24%.

Stats:

Nroc (15/9.39): 36 HP / 19 Str / 7 Mag / 27 Skl / 31 Spd / 12 Lck / 23 Def / 19 Res / C Swd B Shu

Camilla (xx/11.21): 34 HP / 27 Str / 16 Mag / 23 Skl / 27 Spd / 14 Lck / 25 Def / 21 Res / B Axe D Tome

Ophelia (20/4.20): 31 HP / 16 Str / 21 Mag / 18 Skl / 20 Spd / 23 Lck / 15 Def / 15 Def / E Swd C Tome

Niles (12/6.87): 30 HP / 16 Str / 5 Mag / 18 Skl / 23 Spd / 11 Lck / 13 Def / 20 Res / E Swd B Bow

Laslow (20/2.95): 37 HP / 22 Str / 0 Mag / 24 Skl / 19 Spd / 21 Lck / 14 Def / 13 Res / C Swd E Bow

Shura (xx/3.67): 31 HP / 19 Str / 10 Mag / 21 Skl / 24 Spd / 14 Lck / 14 Def / 22 Res / C Bow D Stf

Odin (17/6.71): 31 HP / 19 Str / 14 Mag / 26 Skl / 22 Spd / 22 Lck / 16 Def / 12 Res / D Swd

Elise (17.71): 25 HP / 2 Str / 18 Mag / 10 Skl / 17 Spd / 24 Lck / 6 Def / 17 Res / C Stf

Edited by Gradivus.

I assumed so because the rule says paralogues are optional and free up to 20, and there's no mention of paralogues where you don't have the corresponding kid, and Awakening didn't ban it either, so it seems to be within the rules?

I have a save before C16 and could restart from there if necessary though.

Edited by Gradivus.

I'll allow access to Kana and Dwyer's paralogues even if you didn't draft them. Besides, I'd never get Ignatius' paralogue without the extra 20 turns to grind supports in Kana's paralogue.

I'll probably do the paralogues and then redo Chapter 18 since the 2 turn will be much more reasonable if Maize has the strength to ORKO the Heroes and Beruka has enough defense to survive the Generals.

Edited by Carmine Sword

CHAPTER 17 - 3/92 TURNS

This wasn't actually toooo bad, although I kinda screwed myself over by giving Selena the boots before I knew we could do Kana/Dwyer paralogues when Percy was level 14 unpromoted instead of level 3 promoted. Oh well. Leo used the dragon vein and Percy+Effie went along the south side, then he moved north with the hand axe (nothing in the chapter attacked him because he had too much defence) and then moved in and killed Kotaro with a killer axe crit at 50 hit 30 crit, which only took about 5 resets, which wasnt bad since the rest of the chapter had no risk. Peri carried Corrin up to the 5000g chest, which is sorely needed.

CHAPTER 18 - 3/95 TURNS

Didn't have any heart seals left so Percy would always get rekt by the bow knight before he could finish the General on turn 2 player phase (or Azura would die to any other enemy) but the 3 turns saved earlier was worth it, got to save a rescue use anyway I guess. Leo + Corrin went north, Leo killed the Enfeeble Maid on turn 1 and Peri + Arthur shelter danced Percy + BERSERKER EFFIE ahead to take out the spear goon, Selena grabbed Peri and she killed a general on the EP with the armourslayer, while Percy killed a few thwomps and the paladin on the enemy phase. Leo moved north and used an Elixir, (I didn't have money for Mjolnir and the Armourslayer anyway, so Zola would have been a sketchy bosskill with Corrin) and countered a bunch of dudes on the enemy phase and finished Zola on turn 3. The thwomp pile boss was taken out by first unpaired Hammer!Percy + Armourslayer Peri, then Arthur + Percy chipped the second guy enough for FLAME SHURIKEN FELICIA to finish with Percy's help. MONEY, AT LAST, I don't have much to spend it on yet, thankfully.

Some of the foxes won't attack Percy even if they do like, 5 damage to him, wtf?

Edited by General Horace

Out of curiosity... Was the part about everyone picking Ninja talent something all the participants agreed on before this?

Horace already covered it for the most part, but yeah, Ninja is preferable since it has 1-2 range, gives move on pair-up, can use the Yato without having to reclass back to Nohr Noble, and gives Jakob a decent reclass option since he can't use mounted classes in drafts either and it's inefficient to marry anyone else or use Male Corn.

I suppose the next best option would be Mage, since it also has 1-2 range and has decent offence unlike Ninja which has single digit strength before promotion without a strength asset. Magic on pair-up isn't nearly as useful as move though, and you can't use the Yato as an Onmyoji, so you'll have to change back to Nohr Noble eventually for Goo King and Tacomeat.

Ninja's probably still better than mage overall I'd say. You'd probably pick a Ninja talent in Birthright as well even though you have other shuriken users since the game is, like, 90% rout maps. Ninja!Scarlet is also the only reliable way to 1 turn Chapter 20, so there's that.

On a totally unrelated note, why the hell did I pick Nyx over Peri, this was a terrible idea.

Kana's Paralogue: Free/98

Exp and support building.

Dwyer's Paralogue: Free/98

Same as above. Maize reached the strength benchmark to ORKO the Heroes in Chapter 18 and Beruka learned Rally Defence. Gunter learned Lunge, which he'll probably never use, but who knows. I passed down Nobility and Locktouch to Dwyer.

Chapter 18: 2/100

Maize could ORKO the Heroes this time and she could also ORKO Zola after Gunter gets transferred to her on Turn 2, so the top part of the map is pretty reliable. Beruka still has to dodge a generic General and get two back-to-back Hammer crits to kill the General bosses, so that's pretty unreliable. If Maize doesn't kill the Steel Axe Hero on Turn 1 (he's the only one who can survive if Maize doesn't proc anything) then Azura would also have needed to dodge one hit from the Lightning Sorc, but Maize killed the Hero on the successful attempt, so she could kill the Sorc before being danced. (He only moves into range if the Hero dies for some reason, probably for Attack Stance even though it does nothing because Maize is paired up.)

Stats:

Maize Lv. 14/11.14 Master Ninja 37HP/22Str/13Mgc/26Skl/33Spd/12Lck/15Def/18Res C Swords B Shurikens

Jakob Lv. --/18.00 Master Ninja 32HP/15Str/6Mgc/21Skl/22Spd/15Lck/15Def/16Res E Swords B Shurikens

Azura Lv. 8.45 Songstress 18HP/8Str/3Mgc/15Skl/15Spd/11Lck/6Def/9Res E Lances

Gunter Lv. --/12.69 Wyvern Lord 32HP/15Str/0Mgc/29Skl/10Spd/13Lck/21Def/5Res B Lances C Axes

Silas Lv. 17/2.76 Bow Knight 27HP/22Str/4Mgc/20Skl/22Spd/16Lck/17Def/12Res C Swords E Bows

Beruka Lv. 16/8.42 Berserker 41HP/26Str/4Mgc/25Skl/27Spd/14Lck/20Def/13Res B Axes

Nyx Lv. 12/1.39 Dark Knight 24HP/9Str/15Mgc/8Skl/14Spd/5Lck/10Def/11Res E Swords C Tomes

Benny Lv. 15/5.38 Great Knight 36HP/19Str/0Mgc/18Skl/11Spd/12Lck/25Def/14Res E Swords C Lances E Axes

Dwyer Lv. 20/1.00 Strategist 30HP/13Str/18Mgc/15Skl/20Spd/14Lck/12Def/19Res E Tomes C Staves

Edited by Carmine Sword

No, it's just the best unmounted class. 1-2 range and a +move pairup.

Horace already covered it for the most part, but yeah, Ninja is preferable since it has 1-2 range, gives move on pair-up, can use the Yato without having to reclass back to Nohr Noble, and gives Jakob a decent reclass option since he can't use mounted classes in drafts either and it's inefficient to marry anyone else or use Male Corn.

I suppose the next best option would be Mage, since it also has 1-2 range and has decent offence unlike Ninja which has single digit strength before promotion without a strength asset. Magic on pair-up isn't nearly as useful as move though, and you can't use the Yato as an Onmyoji, so you'll have to change back to Nohr Noble eventually for Goo King and Tacomeat.

Ninja's probably still better than mage overall I'd say. You'd probably pick a Ninja talent in Birthright as well even though you have other shuriken users since the game is, like, 90% rout maps. Ninja!Scarlet is also the only reliable way to 1 turn Chapter 20, so there's that.

I see. With a title like the one this thread has, I had the impression that everyone must've agreed on this.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Chapter 19: 5/105

Bought a Hunter's Knife for Maize so that she could ORKO the Beastrune foxes. Gunter and Maize went up and parked on a mountain on Turn 1 and killed all of the Life or Death foxes while Beruka with Silas pair-up went west and killed everything down south. (Yes, I did have to reset becuase of the FE6-esque hit rates Beruka had against the foxes) Jakob and Benny killed the one guy near the start. Gunter's got two kills from attack stance with Maize when he needed to fly her over terrain. Maize did exactly enough damage to OHKO Kaden, lol. Strength asset is clearly the best asset.

Silas and Beruka finally reached S Rank, so I did Sophie's map for exp and another Shelter user.

Sophie's Paralogue: Free/105

Silas Partner Sealed to Wyvern Lord. Silas finally reached C Lances this chapter. Passed down HP + 5 and whatever that first Mercenary skill is to Sophie and promoted her to Paladin with the Offspring Seal. Jakob learned Shurikenfaire, so his offence is pretty decent again. All of the villagers died, but my dudes got decent level-ups, so I didn't reset. If it really matters I'll do it over. I don't even remember what you get for saving the villagers anyway.

Getting Ignatius' and Shigure's paralogues is still looking kind of sketchy since Benny and Azura only have B Rank support.

Chapter 20: 3/108

I can't get the Rescue Staff and seize with only two flying units in 2 turns. Gunter with Maize pair-up gets blown up to Fuga's platform, where Maize murders the Freeze Staff Priestess. The bosskill is sort of unreliable, with Maize having to proc Dragon Fan twice in 4 attacks (or proc Lethality) to kill Fuga since he's super thwomp. Beruka killed dudes for exp.

I also had to reset once after I killed the boss because I took Locktouch off of Jakob when he learned Shurikenfaire last chapter and I forgot to re-equip it. I'm good at this game, I swear.

Chapter 21: 3/111

Beruka reclassed back to Wyvern Lord now that I finally have access to Heart Seals again and carried Maize to the escape point, killing enemies along the way with Killer Axe crits for exp. I dropped Maize on Turn 1 so that she would level up and learn Shurikenfaire, which made the clear a bit unreliable since she has to dodge a bunch of attacks because the enemies here hit like trucks, but it didn't take too long.

EDIT: Beruka is one strength short of OHKOing Yukimura with a Killer Axe crit, nooo. I do have a back-up plan in the form of Maize killing Yukimura instead with Dragon Fang cheeseing if Beruka doesn't proc strength on her way to Yukimura, but it's way less reliable. Also, this chapter in general sucks due to all of the crits that need to happen to keep Azura alive/get Beruka a level up/reach the boss/kill the boss. It's probably worse than Chapter 18 (Before I used the paralogues to get Maize more strength) in terms of reliablity I'd reckon.

EDIT 2: I redid Chapter 21 so that Beruka would have enough strength to OHKO Yukimura with a crit. Maize got less exp but she will level up after killing an Oni next chapter anyway. I recruited Flora finally as well.

I also just realized that Maize is also one strength short of ORKOing Yukimura with a hit + Dragon Fang proc, so it's a good thing I redid last chapter or else I'd have to resort to double Dragon Fangs/Lethality, which would suck.

EDIT 3: Thrones cost 2 move to move onto, I hate everything.

Chapter 22: 3/114

Gave Maize a skill book for more hit/crit/proc rates.

This was literally the worst thing ever. Maize has to kill Yukimura because Thrones are dumb and cost 2 move to cross and thus she can't seize after Beruka crit-blicks Yukimura. Maize is 1 strength short of killing him with a Dragon Fang proc + hit, so she needs 2 Dragon Fangs/a Dragon Fang crit/Lethality (Maize had 67 hit and 15 crit on Yukimura). The Dragon Fang crit is the one that ended up happening on the successful attempt. Beruka also needed to crit several Onis so that Azura won't die (Flora can freeze one as a back-up if Maize didn't kill the one she attacked near the start) and Maize needed to not die on Turn 2 enemy phase to Hana + a bunch of inaccurate axe dudes. Maize still died a bunch of times there because even with Grim Yato's avoid boost and the extra avoid from the forest and max speed, Hana still had 50 hit, and she would proc Rend Heaven all the fucking time causing Maize to die from a Hana Dual Strike when another enemy attacked her.

A Silver Dagger would have made the bosskill more reliable, but I had no money so I couldn't buy one. It's probably better that Maize got the bosskill here instead of Beruka anyway since I want her to get max strength before fighting Ryoma.

EDIT 4: It's like every chapter is even more unreliable than the previous one. Coinflip dodges for days in Chapter 23 to get Maize to A Shurikens before Ryoma (S Shurikens after an Arms Scroll) is going about as well as expected. I haven't even gotten to attempt the bosskill yet, although I'm sure it will be just as bad as the previous boss. A 2 turn looks impossible without an 8-move unit who can attack Takumi from 2 range and survive being dropped by Oboro and her goon squad on Turn 1. Malig Knight!Maize with both Arm Scrolls could do it, but Mounted!Corn is banned and I can't afford all of that stuff regardless. I can't reach the boots chest on Turn 2 with the rest of my team anyway, but I can get both chests on Turn 3 (Locktouch!Dwyer hype).

Edited by Carmine Sword

• 2 weeks later...

C19 3/102 turns

Bought a Hunter's Knife so Nroc can kill foxes and reclassed Camilla to Wyvern Lord since the stats help reliability here a lot. Turn 1, Camilla flew ahead and counterkilled the NW Kitsunes with a steel axe (83 hit at worst). Corrin (carried to the right spot by Laslow) killed 3/5 L&D foxes above the start, surviving safely with Elise's personal, while Elise, Odin, Niles and Shura surrounded the single fox near the start to protect Jakob. Turn 2, Elise healed Corn, Ophelia and Shura killed the two remaining two L&D foxes with Corn DSes and Odin killed the single fox barely with Str tonic + DS using an iron sword. Camilla pulled Kaden and counterkilled the remaining foxes who went illusion on turn 1. Corrin was transferred to Jakob and counterkilled everything in the SW area. Turn 3, Camilla finished Kaden off. She needed to hit 2/3 hits, with a 56 hit steel on EP2 and two 61 hit iron attacks on PP3. She convoy dropped the iron axe after getting beastst+ from Kaden because she needed steel to kill his mooks. Jakob dropped Corrin near the start and he went up to kill the foxes coming from the NE corner.

Camilla x Niles S support happened, fortunately since I need more fliers for C20.

Paralogue Nina free/102 turns

Got all the treasure, trained units.

C20 2/104 turns

Used the partner seal from Nina's chapter to make Niles a Wyvern Lord and Heart Sealed Nina to Wyvern Lord. Camilla flew ahead with Nroc in the back. Niles ferried Azura to dance her and Nina dropped Niles after taking him from Azura. Camilla flew further ahead and switched to Nroc to be safe vs some Onmyojis. Laslow dropped Shura to the right. Nroc, Azura and my fliers got blown up, with Nroc ending up on Fuga's platform. She then went to Fuga and switched to Camilla to Killer Axe crit + hit him. Niles ferried Azura ahead, dancing Nina to be outside of the wind (there's a downward stream on the right on turn 2) while within range to seize. Elise popped a DV to blow Shura to the rescue chest and Nina seized. Ophelia just killed some Spear Masters for exp.

C21 3/107 turns

Camilla ferried Nroc. She popped a DV on turn 1 and lunged through a Faceless on turn 2 to cover just enough distance to escape on turn 3. She needed 2-3 Killer crits to kill enough of them, depending on which tile they attack from. The success chance is roughly 30%.

C22 2/109 turns

Complicated one. Bought 2 Freeze staves. Fielded Ophelia pocket Odin and Elise right, everyone else left. Elise used the first DV to the right. Laslow ferried Corrin to the DV behind the first levee to the left. Shura got ferried ahead to freeze an Oni Chieftain (so he doesn't attack Camilla through the wall, which would block the way) and Camilla, Niles and Nina lined up below the levee to Hana's group. Ophelia attacked one of the two Automatons, making it foolishly go to the fort instead of ganging up on Elise. Flora freezed two enemies (the Battering Club!Blacksmith in the central room and one of the Onis near Corrin's position) so my units can survive safely.

EP, Ophelia counterkilled two Onmyojis, one of which needs to get dual guarded (only gave her Missiletainn since the crit from her personal interferes with shield gauge shenanigans). Hana moved a tile left to let a Battering Club guy attack Shura through the wall with a DS (could've bought Entrap otherwise and used Jakob for rescue staffing and Flora to entrap Hana).

Turn 2, Ophelia popped a DV to lower the levee to Hana's group so my units can charge past them. Flora was carried up by Niles to rescue Camilla (pocket Nroc) so she can kill Yukimura with a killer axe crit. Shura ferried Azura up to dance Nina and she seizes with Shura's mov pairup.

[spoiler=Stats]

Nroc (15/13.22): 37 HP / 22 Str / 9 Mag / 31 Skl / 32 Spd / 12 Lck / 26 Def / 22 Res / C Swd B Shu
Camilla (xx/15.98): 38 HP / 29 Str / 11 Mag / 28 Skl / 30 Spd / 19 Lck / 30 Def / 19 Res / B Axe E Lnc
Ophelia (20/9.41): 34 HP / 18 Str / 26 Mag / 19 Skl / 22 Spd / 27 Lck / 18 Def / 17 Def / E Swd B Tome
Niles (12/7.79): 32 HP / 18 Str / 5 Mag / 20 Skl / 21 Spd / 11 Lck / 18 Def / 16 Res / E Lnc E Axe

Nina (20/4.00): 31 HP / 24 Str / 9 Mag / 21 Skl / 22 Spd / 19 Lck / 19 Def / 20 Res / E Lnc E Axe
Laslow (20/4.11): 38 HP / 23 Str / 0 Mag / 26 Skl / 20 Spd / 22 Lck / 15 Def / 14 Res / B Swd E Bow
Shura (xx/5.84): 31 HP / 20 Str / 11 Mag / 21 Skl / 24 Spd / 14 Lck / 15 Def / 22 Res / C Bow D Stf
Odin (17/7.31): 32 HP / 20 Str / 14 Mag / 22 Skl / 22 Spd / 23 Lck / 17 Def / 13 Res / D Swd
Elise (18/2.50): 27 HP / 2 Str / 24 Mag / 9 Skl / 21 Spd / 26 Lck / 6 Def / 22 Res / E Tome C Stf

Jakob (xx/11.81): 26 HP / 9 Str / 6 Mag / 20 Skl / 11 Spd / 16 Lck / 9 Def / 13 Res / C Shu D Stf

Flora (xx/5.48): base

Izana (xx/7.00): base

Edited by Gradivus.

Can always beat my Lobster turncount!

C23 4/113 turns

Turn 1, Niles flew Corrin into the right side of the fort and she obtained boots. She proceeded to tank the enemies there on turns 1-3 with a Concoction to gain exp. Ophelia counterkilled Rallyman and one of his mooks on turn 1 across the gap. Oboro's squad aggroed towards Corrin such that I could just avoid them by having Ophelia and Camilla enter the fort through the left on turn 3. Turn 4, Ophelia critkilled Takumi with Mjölnir, Nina got the money chest and Camilla seized. Fed Elise an MoA reinforcement because I could.

C24 2/115 turns

Reclassed Elise to Malig Knight and Flora to Strategist. Pretty much the standard clear. Turn 1, Azura danced Niles and he dropped Camilla ahead. Nina dropped Ophelia ahead so she can pair with Camilla next turn. Turn 2, Izana rallied Lck on Corn and Ophelia. Nina ferried Corrin to Niles and Ophelia paired w/ Camilla, with Nina rallying Skl for them. Niles ferried Corrin to kill Hinoka with a KE Dragon Fang crit or Lethality, Camilla ferried Ophelia to kill the Oni Chieftain w/ Lightning and Elise ferried Azura to dance Nina for the seize.

C25 4/119 turns

Didn't want to contend with horrible chances so I decided to settle with 4 or 5 turns while getting the 10000G chest. Got lucky so 4 it is. Gave a boots and scroll to Corrin and 2 Speedwings to Ophelia because Corn and Camilla were capped out on Spd. Camilla went Malig Knight because might aswell get Trample. Ryoma strategy was spam Killing Edge until DF crit happens. Steel Shuriken + KE DF crit + 2x Steel Shuriken is a clean 4-turn, as is Steel Shuriken + KE DF crit + 2 KE attacks with a second Dragon Fang proc or crit somewhere. The former ended up happening. The gang charged up the right. Camilla and Shura chipped the two Ninjas and Ophelia finished them with Calamity Gate and dance. Turn 2, Ophelia Lightning'd the first MoA in the Hallway of Death (2HKOed to avoid his counterattack after eating Countermagic) and got danced back to pull the Ninja + 2 MoA squad in the bottom-right room for exp. Cleaned it up on turn 3 and prepared to charge the Hallway. Final turn, Ophelia kills the second MoA, Nina rushed ahead and Niles brought Azura to dance her to the 10000G chest. Corrin then finished Ryoma off.

Edited by Gradivus.

​C26 5/124 turns

Jakob went Master Ninja for +mov pair up, Camilla Wyvern Lord for stats and Elise Strategist for staves. Froze four Heroes in the first room and killed three Heroes and a Maid on PP1. Ophelia got entrapped ahead. Corrin tanked the Sorc room and killed some of them with crits/Lethality/Dragon Fang procs. Ideally she shouldn't leave more than two alive, but it isn't impossible to pick up more scraps. Ophelia killed the two Maids with Calamity Gate on turn 3 PP and EP. Entrapped Hans on turn 4 to kill him with Ophelia (after chip damage) for his Mighty Aurgelmir Hammer Axe 5000G thingy and froze one of the Generals (and Entrapped the other later) so they don't block the way. Turn 5, Jakob opened the penultimate door (exp from Guard Stance ftw), Camilla lunged through a General, Niles opened the final door with a mov pair up, Camilla Dual Club'd Iago (either survived with Rally Res from Flora or got a Dual Guard) and Nina ferried Shura ahead to rescue some mount (probably Ophelia or someone, idr) within seizing range.

C27 2/126 turns

To think Fancy Footwork would come in handy. My Corrin (capped 26 Str without boon) doesn't have the Str or skillset to kill Gooron on PP + EP without incredible luck because of Armored Blow, so I used my last rescue use here since I can't 1-turn Endgame anyway. Elise went Malig Knight to cross pillars near the top starting positions. She (paired with Flora), Nina (pocket Shura) and Niles (pocket Corrin) hid behind the stairs on turn 1. Turn 2, Flora rescued Azura (pocket Laslow), who didn't get entrapped, and Laslow gave her to Nina and Fancy Footwork'd for Corrin, who then got ferried to the slime monster and 2RKOed it with 2 Dragon Fangs with help from Azura.

Endgame 2/128 turns

No Shelter/10, can't 1-turn with that single rescue use. Went through the middle. Entrapped an Oni on turn 1 to kill him with Ophelia since otherwise his range would overlap and Laslow would die. Ophelia then killed another Oni. Nina, Ophelia and Laslow are within Freeze range, so one of them gets frozen on EP. Nina took one for the team in this attempt, but I would've been fine in any case. Turn 2, Camilla murdered the Freeze Maid with an iron axe, Ophelia was given Flora and ferried her down just far enough to Enfeeble Takumi at 91 hit. Niles ferried Corrin down (danced by Azura, who got ferried by Laslow) to attack Takumi. EP, almost everyone died and Corrin finished her job. She needed one PP Dragon Fang since he has Draconic Hex, which would barely prevent her from killing if she only procced it on EP.

I'll do unit evaluations/killcounts later since I lost them to a misclick and can't be bothered to retype them right now.

EDIT: did it

Unit     Class            Level HP Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res WEXP             B/  W
Nroc     Master Ninja  15/20.00 40  26  10  35  35  24  30  24 B Swd A Shu    260/186
Jakob    Master Ninja  xx/12.31 25  10   1  21  15  14   8  18 E Swd C Shu     25/  8
Elise    Malig Knight   18/4.61 30   9  25  10  21  22  14  22 E Axe E Tme      9/  1
Odin     Swordmaster    17/7.59 32  20  14  27  22  23  17  13 D Swd          117/ 65
Niles    Wyvern Lord    12/8.71 32  20   5  20  22  12  18  16 E Lnc E Axe     74/ 41
Azura    Songstress       16.99 20  13   7  22  20  20   8  13 E Lnc            3/  0
Laslow   Bow Knight     20/4.24 38  23   0  26  20  22  15  14 B Swd E Bow     49/ 27
Camilla  Wyvern Lord   xx/19.36 40  32  12  30  30  20  32  23 E Lnc B Axe    114/ 73
Shura    Adventurer     xx/6.46 31  20  11  21  25  14  15  23 C Bow D Stf     33/ 12
Flora    Strategist     xx/6.39 27  15  19  23  15  12  11  29 E Mgc B Stf      2/  0
Izana    Onmyoji        xx/7.30 32   8  24  26  19  18  15  25 B Mgc C Stf      1/  0
Ophelia  Dark Knight   20/16.42 36  24  31  23  28  31  19  22 E Swd B Mgc     71/ 56   
Nina     Wyvern Lord    20/4.00 31  24   9  21  22  19  19  20 E Lnc E Axe      2/  0

Nroc was solid overall but struggled to kill things reliably with Steel Shurikens and wasn't a good lategame bosskiller. Str boon could've solved the offense issues, but she was mostly sufficient and it would've forfeited reliability elsewhere in terms of survival. Overall, Def boon was probably worth it.

Jakob got screwed badly. I think almost all his kills come from C8 and the prologue. The best thing he could do from midgame on was freezing random goons and be pairup fodder, mostly for Corrin due to his personal. I guess he made a vital contribution by lockpicking the 5th door in C26.

Elise was good as a staff and Dragon Vein user throughout the game. Having a flier reclass also came in handy in lategame, and being mounted generally helped. She also passed down good magic to Ophelia.

Odin was a good 1-2 range combatant for the first half of the game and mainly a pairup bot for Ophelia for the second half since his stats weren't good enough to do much on his own at that point. I had went SM for Vantage, but I don't think it helped a single time. What really came in handy about it was the +5 Spd bonus on pairup that allowed Ophelia to double many enemy types in lategame.

Niles was pretty solid early on with his high Spd and had clutch movement once promoted. Marrying Camilla also allowed him to fly in the lategame and save a few turns.

Azura: Songstress/10

Laslow was mostly filler and helped with 8 mov later on. His combat was totally unremarkable. It still amuses me that his personal came in handy.

Camilla was amazing. Killer Axe allowed her to cheese many bosses with crits and her overall combat was still great with the right support. Lategame MVP. The new rule works very well to make other units contribute though. I guess the lategame bosskill cheesing is kinda inevitable as long as the bosskillers are well trained.

Shura was useful. 7 mov, staves, Locktouch, decent stats and +mov pairup. I don't think not getting the boots hurt my turncount anywhere, so getting him was a good idea.

Flora was a good staff user for lategame. She had access to all sorts of cool stuff with Enfeeble (made Tacomeat a lot more bearable), Entrap, Freeze and Rescue with good mov and accuracy.

Izana had Rally Mag and Lck, which helped Ophelia hit benchmarks for kills and improved Flora's staff hitrate slightly, and also helped accuracy vs dodgy enemies. He also froze one or two enemies iirc.

Ophelia was great for being a good combat unit in the lategame, with 1-2 range no less. She was kinda frail (usually died in 2-3 attacks against physical enemies), but with good positioning that could be worked around.

Nina was another 9 mov flier, which was very useful for the lategame maps, even without doing anything in combat.

Edited by Gradivus.

CHAPTER 19 - 4/99 TURNS

Finally back from holidays, gonna hopefully plow through this today. Lost a turn because the foxes near Kaden and Kaden himself didn't want to attack Percy even though they did damage. Corn killed all the northern foxes with the hunter's knife, while the Butler/Maid Squad + Leo and Peri killed some stragglers from the left.

CHAPTER 20 - 3/102 TURNS

Not enough fliers to 2 turn, even though I could kill Fuga on turn 1 (then get boned by the freeze staff, Percy isn't dodging it with 8 res). Selena got the seize tile on turn 3 after Percy killed Fuga with a killer axe crit (he doubled at ~70 hit) and then had a dual guard ready for one of the bows, and comfortably lived the other hit (it only had 45 hit anyway). Got the rescue staff with Corrin.

EDIT: Think i found a 2 turn.

EDIT2: Curses forgot Fuga was on a throne, plan ruined, screw you Fuga. Figured out a better strat though!

Moved Selena + Peri and Percy + Effie northeast, then Corrin used the dragon vein to boost them ahead. Leo weakened the spear master that got blown south for Jakob to kill so he could level up and get locktouch (partner sealed him to master ninja) then Leo got danced to kill a couple onmyojis with Felicia pairup. Percy moved ahead and killed the freeze staff Priestess (he could live a hit from her + Fuga, and both had poor hit on him) and Selena moved ahead and swapped to Peri who killed the other priestess, Corrin paired with Arthur and Flora paired with Jakob and Leo dragon veined them ahead, and Arthur moved north and swapped to Hunter Knife Corrin. The last lunge priestess got shunted south out of Percy's range. Peri killed a Spear master on enemy phase, and Corrin killed a bunch of stuff EP, Leo blew up some Onmyojis. Jakob got the rescue chest and Corrin got the 10000g, Percy killed Fuga and Peri seized.

CHAPTER 21 - 3/105 TURNS

stupid chapter

percy just carried corrin to victory

Edited by General Horace

All the flak C21 gets, it's one of my favorite maps in Conquest. It's not very interesting to LTC though.

EDIT 4: It's like every chapter is even more unreliable than the previous one. Coinflip dodges for days in Chapter 23 to get Maize to A Shurikens before Ryoma (S Shurikens after an Arms Scroll) is going about as well as expected.

Btw, I wouldn't lose sleep over Shuriken rank. Killing Edge is probably better after turn 1 anyway for the crit rate and x4 multiplier, and the +2 damage from S Shurikens gets quartered by Ryoma, so I can't see it being worth weeks of dodge rigging.

Edited by Gradivus.

All the flak C21 gets, it's one of my favorite maps in Conquest. It's not very interesting to LTC though.

Btw, I wouldn't lose sleep over Shuriken rank. Killing Edge is probably better after turn 1 anyway for the crit rate and x4 multiplier, and the +2 damage from S Shurikens gets quartered by Ryoma, so I can't see it being worth weeks of dodge rigging.

Isn't it the terrain that he and Corrin are on that does that? (Not that the game tells you this)

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Yeah, it's the terrain, since once you use the Dragon Vein the effect goes away. Not like you're going to reach it in a draft though, so that doesn't really matter.

Edited by Gradivus.