Is Leif worth using?

Harvey

I currently got him at lv 7 and I'm in ch 8..... He has slim, Light and iron as swords for now so I don't really know what to do to get him promoted.

So I'm wondering.....is he worth it in the long run?

He promotes via the plot fairly late into the game, but he's got a really good Prf with 1-2 range, and the stat caps are the same for both base and promoted classes, He's a fairly solid unit, although he can have a bit of a rocky start with some of his growths. Stat boosters are nice for him and he's immune to status (from what I remember). Said Prf, the Light Sword, can even be used to heal him if he needs it, also he's one of the only characters in the game who provides and gets support bonuses in the game.

I know a member on Serenes has solo'd the entire game with Leif so he's definitely usable.

Edited by Jedi

What FE are you talking about?

I'm going to assume it's FE4 because 'slim sword' EDIT: Then I remember FE5 has slims as well

If so, Leif promotes into the best class in the game, and yes he's worth using.

If it's FE5 then yes he's worth it, what? If you're having some kind of difficulty using him, wait until you get access to an arena and fix his problem.

Edited by Soledai

Fairly certain he means FE4 since he and I had an entire discussion about Project Naga and a glitch that kinda screwed his game up in the old translation. Leif's promotion is possibly the best promotion in the entire game since he gains access to (without exaggeration) literally every weapon type in the game iirc and also gets a mount

Leif's only real downside in FE4 is that since his parents are locked he can never use any of the regalia, but his Arsenal range makes up for that

You promote Leif in FE4 the same way you do every unit, which is get them to level 20 and have them use the promote option in the home castle

Even Sileph promotes in this way, and FE4 has NO event based promotions or item based promotions

Just to clarify, when I say every weapon type, I mean all physical weapons, all magic types except dark, and staves

Edited by Hero of the Fire Emblems

Lief In fe4 is deliberatly bad untill he promotes. If you promoted raquesis in gen 1, it's the same class (excellent bases stats, pursuit, and a horse). THere is also a part in chapter 9 (recruiting altenia) where the extra movement really helps.

Just to clarify, when I say every weapon type, I mean all physical weapons, all magic types except dark, and staves

Leif gets A staves on promotion to Master Knight.

Like, that's probably the biggest reason he's good when promoted lol. He also gets C Light but who cares.

Edited by Irysa

Leif gets A staves on promotion to Master Knight.

Like, that's probably the biggest reason he's good when promoted lol. He also gets C Light but who cares.

This. I like to give him the Rescue Staff myself.

If you're good enough to not require Raquesis on the battlefield, you can power level her with the Return staff and promote her around chapter 3's end.

And once she hits a decent level she can start utilizing the arena as well.

If you're good enough to not require Raquesis on the battlefield, you can power level her with the Return staff and promote her around chapter 3's end.

You can do this in chapter 2, which will really help for chapter 3 because getting the earth sword is much easier with Raquie already promoted.