[FE7] Best Battle Palette Editing Software?

Avril Lavigne

Been using APE (Advance Palette Editor), and it's kinda hard to work with. It's for editing each individual character's palettes, not the battle sprite itself, just so you know.

Yes, I'm finally adding custom characters!

• 3 weeks later...

I prefer FE Recolor to make the palette, then using Kagnus's Inserter to stick it into the ROM.

Okay thank you, and sorry for the late reply.

So I recolored one of my battle sprites, for a mercenary class specifically, and it DID not work. I even tried one of the default sprites and it also did not work. I noticed all palettes started with 10 0A or something like that and then 00 00 00 and then it seemed as though the battle palette was there after that. So I tried inserting it and everything was WRONG. :(

I ended up getting "9877007E0C52FF7F4E19A44EDE1BD716F36E8A67DF5FD621D21D1F4BC245A514" all of the time and it just didn't seem right that it started with 98 and 77 at the beginning

THEN I GOT A NEW CLEAN FE RECOLOR....problems still exist, except that I got "5553FF7F4E19A44E0C529877DE1BD716F36E8A67DF5FD621D21D1F4BC245A514" this time, which looked more correct but is still so very wrong

This is supposedly the Harken palette, which looks nothing alike the one in the program. I didn't touch it and it re-edited itself.

KpBrifV.png

I got a new, clean, FE Recolor too and the picture above is what happened. IDFK what the issue is now.

Edited by Avril Lavigne

10 0A 00 00 00 is a compression marker; don't worry about it (the tool should deal with that for you)

Haha thanks for the reply but that didn't really help resolve the issue :( do you have any idea why it's not working correctly or if I am using the program incorrectly?

I prefer FE Recolor to make the palette, then using Kagnus's Inserter to stick it into the ROM.

It might just be a color ordering problem on FE Recolor's end. You can fiddle with the order of the colors by using the up/down controls on the right.

I'm just an idiot and didn't download Kagnus' Inserter. SUCH A DUMMY I AM. Thank you!