This needs to STOP

Anacybele

welp i suppose the video couldn't stay up forever, i do have another video related to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtnOA13ALpM

you can totally shoot from your pocket, you don't even need your hand in your pocket to shoot, just grabbing the trigger on the gun from outside of your pocket will also do the trick.

the only reason i can't see someone being able not to shoot from their pocket is if they they are using such a big fire arm that it can't fit inside the pocket in the first place.

Let me rephrase.

FRONT POCKET OF JEANS.

Yeah, you try that.

EDIT: I'm sorry, but when did video evidence not become enough? Did you even watch the video?

Have we truly devolved to the level that we just simply ignore the tape and substitute our own realities?

Edited by Pharoahe Monch

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have we truly devolved to the level that we just simply ignore the tape and substitute our own realities?

You underestimate the level of stupidity to which people can stoop. The law isn't nearly this stupid, but it will use the stupidity to protect it's own, often for the wrong reasons. As bad as this is, and as threatened as I feel with it, the alternatives are really that much worse. Nothing seems to be working, but is it really supposed to, given that our rights are close to being stripped from us as it is?

Being a leader is not just about leading your people and telling them what to do, it's also about shouldering responsibility and admitting to one's own mistakes.

Ultimately, whatever you order or whatever you command, you take full responsibility for it because even though you aren't the one committing the act, you're the one who brought it up in the first place. It was YOUR ideas that lead to the problem.

No matter what, if you're a leader and you're putting all your trust in someone and they end up acting in a way that reflects negatively on the company, you're held accountable for putting your trust into that person because you trusting them is what lead to that person being able to make that mistake. That's just how it is.

Hey Ana, any reason you've ignored BBM's and my posts? If this were a mafia game, that'd paint you as SCUMMY

I...must've never saw them, somehow. Sorry about that.

Let me rephrase.

FRONT POCKET OF JEANS.

Yeah, you try that.

EDIT: I'm sorry, but when did video evidence not become enough? Did you even watch the video?

Yeah, jeans aren't loose enough to really get a gun to be parallel to the ground and even more difficult to make a viable shot. You could most certainly shoot, but the viability of such a shot would be so worthless that it may as well not be done. If you'll note, the man in the video had very, very loose shorts with a massive pocket. That's hardly indicative of a standard pair of pants. This would be a strawman if I've ever seen one. The issue isn't simply the ability to shoot, it's the ability to actually viably shoot someone with a gun in your pocket.

Yeah, jeans aren't loose enough to really get a gun to be parallel to the ground and even more difficult to make a viable shot. You could most certainly shoot, but the viability of such a shot would be so worthless that it may as well not be done. If you'll note, the man in the video had very, very loose shorts with a massive pocket. That's hardly indicative of a standard pair of pants. This would be a strawman if I've ever seen one. The issue isn't simply the ability to shoot, it's the ability to actually viably shoot someone with a gun in your pocket.

They were khaki shorts; it's the same difference. They were not loose enough to really aim a gun.

EDIT: oh you were agreeing with him. I saw the video and they seemed way looser than what Sterling was wearing.

Edited by Lord Raven

Held down by two cops with one who held a pistol to his heart. I've got years of Krav Maga training and even I wouldn't get out of that situation alive ten times out of ten.

I am a former IDF combat soldier. I have participated in raids in the West Bank. So I have personally been in almost identical situations. In fact, we were more worried about detonators which are even more difficult to disarm than guns (can be smaller or mishandling can set them off).

And yet, we never shot anyone. And we were using rifles in indoor closed spaces. Do you know how difficult it is to disarm a man while you have a rifle in your hands or slung across your back? It is infinitely easier with a firearm that is designed for one-handed close range.

I watch that video as a former soldier and I see murder. No attempt at disarming the suspect. No attempt by the suspect to use any sort of lethal force. Nothing. Just cold murder.

If you know something I don't, please share. But in this case, personal experience does trump "well x or y could have happened". Especially when discharging your firearm is supposed to be the last option.

Especially when you bury six slugs in the suspect rather than two (which are more than enough to stop a man even momentarily).

I am a former IDF combat soldier. I have participated in raids in the West Bank. So I have personally been in almost identical situations. In fact, we were more worried about detonators which are even more difficult to disarm than guns (can be smaller or mishandling can set them off).

Have there been incidents that IDF soldiers have executed Palestinians in a similar manner? I know there has been nowhere close to the scale of it happening if it did compared to the US, but I would venture to say that similar incidents have happened in either Israel, Gaza, or the West Bank. Granted, if it happened in the same way, the response of certain groups and neighbors would be much more severe.

Have there been incidents that IDF soldiers have executed Palestinians in a similar manner? I know there has been nowhere close to the scale of it happening if it did compared to the US, but I would venture to say that similar incidents have happened in either Israel, Gaza, or the West Bank. Granted, if it happened in the same way, the response of certain groups and neighbors would be much more severe.

Yes, but they're actually pretty rare. Despite what the media loves to say.

There's one case from a few months ago involving a kid from Kfir (a unit in the IDF). Half the country wanted to name him a hero and the other half wanted him to hang (metaphorically).

The vast majority of news stories that have headlines like "Palestinian shot dead by Israeli soldiers" tend to omit details such as the number of civilians killed beforehand. The incident in Sharona Market last month was 4 dead if I recall correctly.