Sonic General - Sonic Mania+ is 5$ for those who own Mania

Jedi

what about Ray

If Mecha Sonic doesn't become a dlc or a normal player character, I bet fans will just mod him anyway.

Almost without a doubt yes, haha. I have a feeling he will be sometime down the line though, he's super popular.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you guys think they'l be multiple playable characters in sonic 2017 like in mania? I hope characters like Blaze and Tails will be playable!

Well, considering they are doing the Modern/Classic Sonic angle again, I don't see it happening myself, but I am waiting to see.

Do you guys think Knuckles will have unique routes in Sonic Mania, similar to how he did in Sonic 3 and Knuckles? Also, I wonder if you can do 2-player Sonic and Tails through the game like Sonic 2 and 3.

Do you guys think Knuckles will have unique routes in Sonic Mania, similar to how he did in Sonic 3 and Knuckles? Also, I wonder if you can do 2-player Sonic and Tails through the game like Sonic 2 and 3.

Potentially, I just hope we get design that has all the different routes like they used to, and a concept that came back in Generations.

I mean I still find new areas in Sonic 3 & Knuckles to this day.

You mean like climbing up to the snowboard starting point for Sonic's Ice Cap with Knuckles? That's always fun.

From the gameplay footage, that wish looks likely to be granted. The player seemed to take the lower route for most of Studiopolis.

It seemed like there were tons of alternate routes that could've been taken by staying on the high-ground.

In short, that level looks massive and is hopefully indicative of the game as a whole.

Edited by quasimopho13

If the massive shout-out to old SEGA games and old Sonic games is an indicative of anything, I think Taxman will remember that.

Oh man, spring can't come faster.

Super Sonic relevant video -

Yeah I've been following these guys for quite some time, I've even played Taxman and Stealths stuff, I wouldn't trust anyone else with this forumla except them nowadays, because they made it an Art.

Which is partly seen in Taxman's revamp of Sonic CD for Steam and PS3/360.

• 1 month later...

How do you think Sonic Mania will stack up against Freedom Planet?

I don't think you've asked this question to Jedi in particular, so... how is that even a comparisson? lol

Freedom Planet has elements taken from Sonic, but it's something of its own (it is inspired by Sonic, Ristar iirc, reminds a bit of Jazz Jackrabbit and all). This is like asking how we think a new Sonic game is going to stack up against a new Mario or Kirby game.

Both will be welcome news though.

Freedom Planet is its own beast, while FP does share some general aspects with classic sonic (I mean it did start as a Sonic fan hack), it also focuses more on combat, and epic boss fights, ala Gunstar Heroes and various treasure games, also it has Rocket Knight like mechanics along with that. They also have a distinctly different feel.

It does a disservice to both to compare them directly, because it shows you're unwilling to actually see the differences. But if I absolutely had to, I'd say Freedom Planet 2 and Mania are both looking to be very solid platformers.

I don't think you've asked this question to Jedi in particular, so... how is that even a comparisson? lol

Freedom Planet has elements taken from Sonic, but it's something of its own (it is inspired by Sonic, Ristar iirc, reminds a bit of Jazz Jackrabbit and all). This is like asking how we think a new Sonic game is going to stack up against a new Mario or Kirby game.

Both will be welcome news though.

It was more inspired by Sega Saturn games, Treasure games & Sonic more than Ristar etc. Actually I don't recall Ristar being mentioned at all in any form by the developers.

I wonder if he will put in cut levels like Wood Zone and Dust Hill Zone from Sonic 2

Hmmmmm, I'm not sure, as cool as that'd be I think they'll go with some of the fan favorites as opposed to that.

I expect to see Ice Cap, Chemical Plant at the very least.

Did he ever confirm how many past stages are going to be in the game? Or what the Old Stage vs. New stage ratio is?

From what I've heard, no ratio confirmed yet. I'm kind of assuming a half n half deal, kinda like what newer Mario Kart games do for their track selection.

They make a chunk of new stages, and then bring back old ones as the other half (Although in Mania's case the old stages are getting revamps as can be seen in Mania Green Hill).

Edited by Jedi

• 1 month later...

We got some more Mania footage, Bark, Bean and Fang are even referenced in this new zone and we have Tails & Knuckles footage.

Thanks to DarkDestr0yer for pointing this out to me.

Edited by Jedi

BARK THE POLAR BEAR AND BEAN THE DYNAMITE

Now there's a reference I wasn't expecting ever.

I've gotten much more excited for Sonic Mania as time has gone by, it really is just so great to see a brand new classic-style game with brand new levels.

Edited by SecondWorld

BARK THE POLAR BEAR AND BEAN THE DYNAMITE

Now there's a reference I wasn't expecting ever.

I've gotten much more excited for Sonic Mania as time has gone by, it really is just so great to see a brand new classic-style game with brand new levels.

It reminds me of like the Mighty reference in Sonic Generations, the missing poster in City Escape.

You're welcome, Jedi!

This is looking good. I'm also glad they are showing off a stage that isn't new Green Hill Zone or Studiopolis

Bark, Bean, and Fang playable when

Mirage Saloon is such a cool name too.

Lets just get the other Sonic The Fighters alumni while we're at it.

• 4 months later...

Bumping with some new gameplay, the Fire Shield apparently can interact with the environment, as well as Act 2 of this version of Green Hill looking like some mix of Green Hill Act 3 and Angel Island Act 2