Not being able to cry is a terrible feeling.

step 1. stand up

step 2. spread your feet at least 3 feet apart

step 3. allow me to put on my steel toed boots

step 4. you know where this is going

step 5. profit

I don't understand. It seems like OP is serious, but the topic is in the far from the forest sections, so...

Edited by Enaluxeme

I find it easy to cry. It's hard to imagine not being able to.

Perhaps you should talk to someone you trust IRL. Just really spill out your feelings to them.

(I don't know what's going on in your life, but that's the first thing I'd think of doing if I was feeling like shit.)

I'm a bad person

go to a comedy club

or just watch some Brad Williams

I thought you were funny

I just didn't know whether or not op was serious so I thought I'd do the safe thing and be supportive

if you want to cry think of every single thing you have done wrong in your life and REGRET it

edit: it as in the things u have done wrong...not ur life oops

Edited by piichinu

I have issues with this a lot, sometimes I'll feel super numb and unable to cry even when I have so much bottled up for awhile when I'm not being super sensitive and prone to crying a lot even over the tiniest things that is

but yeah maybe I'd suggest watching something like a tearjerker for cathartic purposes??? Unless you think that might make you feel worse then nvm.... safest bet sounds like maybe talk to someone you trust or consider a therapist like others have mentioned

don't think about it

think about all the negative things in your life

think about all the things you want but don't have

why do you even want to cry lol. I cry way too much and I find it annoying sometimes because I cry over every little thing

I'm sorry, is there anyone close you can talk to. Heaven knows I use internet forums to get stuff off my chest, but sometimes having a good friend/partner/relative to talk to and just have a shoulder to cry on can be invaluable. I see you're 23, and that was around the time I was starting to get my life together, so I know it can be a rough age.

When I was younger, I just went into my room, locked the door and cried into my pillow. I'm sorry if you feel like you can't cry. Have you conditioned yourself not to do it in front of other people? Sometimes just letting everything go and crying can make you feel better afterwards. I'm sorry I can't give you better advice on how to make yourself cry, historically, it's been the opposite problem for me.

Really I recommend talking to someone you know or a therapist if you're able to see one. You could even try PMing someone online if you're more comfortable with that.

It might have been better to put this in General or Serious Discussion. People might not think you're serious in FftF.

Edited by Rezzy

This isn't the best place to post things like these, as they're almost always an invitation to, well...you kind of saw.

With that out of the way, it's a pretty numbing feeling.