Dumb Stuff We Thought As Kids

Rezzy

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when i was a wee specta i read in my favorite fairy themed poetry book that if you ever littered, that would piss the fairies off and they'd never let you into fairyland

ever

for as long as you lived

needless to say i never, ever littered and was mournful for the people who had because i was going to go to fairyland and those bitches weren't

when i was a wee specta i read in my favorite fairy themed poetry book that if you ever littered, that would piss the fairies off and they'd never let you into fairyland

ever

for as long as you lived

needless to say i never, ever littered and was mournful for the people who had because i was going to go to fairyland and those bitches weren't

fairies are fucking scary tbh

ever

for as long as you lived

This is amazing.

as a kid i thought jesus could come back as any animal so i never wanted to kill bugs because maybe one of them was jesus

this is it, my favorite post

I thought my country's queen was our entire government.

I thought the city and state where I lived were synonyms.

I thought I was straight

Me as well, until about 12 or so. This seems to be a recurring theme.

When I was around 5 years old, I thought that speaking French with an English accent and adding few words like yes, no, toaster was how you spoke English.

Me as well, until about 12 or so. This seems to be a recurring theme.

Well for me, I was raised in a very conservative Christian home, so I heard all my life that being gay is a sin and whatnot. So when I learned I was attracted to guys and girls, I freaked out.

ever

for as long as you lived

Yoooooooo! This shit right here, is amazing. Im telling every child ever this now.

I believed films that were set in the 1800s and before were actually made during those times.

I also believed that Transylvania wasnt a real place. It was a madeup place that only monsters came from, like Dracula and the Boogieman. (i blame Scooby-Doo really) Then i found out it was a real place in Romania in the Carpathian mountains and my mind exploded. I was 12 when i realized it was a real place. (blessedly free of Boogiemen, but there was a Dracula)

Well for me, I was raised in a very conservative Christian home, so I heard all my life that being gay is a sin and whatnot. So when I learned I was attracted to guys and girls, I freaked out.

I never really "explored" the feelings until much later, when I was on my own, in college. My mother suspected things, (and accused me of things and such when she was drunk), but to this day, my family doesn't really know. I was raised Catholic, and moreso than the religious implications, I was worried that if I was a lesbian, I could never have kids, which was something I've always really wanted. So, I was sort of upset with myself about that. As I got even older, I found I wasn't strictly lesbian, and now I'm married with soon to be two kids.

kind of the same

mom use to take me to church, though she wasnt a trict conservative christian and still isnt, and the preacher basically got it into my head being gay is a sin and all of that

i cried when i realized i got a crush on a girl

Yoooooooo! This shit right here, is amazing. Im telling every child ever this now.

I believed films that were set in the 1800s and before were actually made during those times.

I also believed that Transylvania wasnt a real place. It was a madeup place that only monsters came from, like Dracula and the Boogieman. (i blame Scooby-Doo really) Then i found out it was a real place in Romania in the Carpathian mountains and my mind exploded. I was 12 when i realized it was a real place. (blessedly free of Boogiemen, but there was a Dracula)

ye, i have family that came from around transylvania! i wish i could go back and try and find out about them but due to my grandpa being himself we dont' know much about that side of the family :c

i think i thought that too

kind of the same

mom use to take me to church, though she wasnt a trict conservative christian and still isnt, and the preacher basically got it into my head being gay is a sin and all of that

i cried when i realized i got a crush on a girl

For several years, on some forums, I had my gender listed as male, so I could talk about "my girlfriend" without having people be the wiser. It seems kind of silly in retrospect.