Does the US have something to worry about?

Phoenix Wright

I don't think they would stop sending to us... COME ON!!! IT'S NORTH AMERICA!!! Probably the best place to make money with video games XD. If they would stop sending to us they know there will be more and more emulators around which will piss them off.

XD

You're right, it IS the best place to sell games. Its better than Japan actually, its just all good video game makers are Japanese.

At first, I assumed this was a joke topic. It isn't, so I'm going to take the opportunity to point and laugh instead of typing up a paragraph which could just as easily be a big ball of fire and not an actual post.

Nevertheless, I would like to cite Phoenix Wright: Trials And Tribulations. Europeans didn't get a good deal with this game - it was given infinite release dates and didn't meet one of them (except the last one... obviously). I believe America got T&T sometimes around January-March 2008 (correct me if I am wrong.) and the European release data was something like April 2nd. Didn't come out - in the end, it came out October 3rd, which was after Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney despite AJ being the fourth game in the series and T&T being the third. I have no idea why it would need so many bloody delays to release the game, especially as they translated all of AJ in the time it took to translate T&T, despite T&T having quite a bit longer to work on regarding America release dates. Suddenly having a game (ZOMG) come out in Europe one-six months before it comes out in America meaning that "ONOEZ FE HAS ABANDONED US!" (While I understand nobody actually said this, I'm calling it a summary from someone who isn't in the best of moods and really shouldn't of read this topic having a good idea what it would be about, but...) is such utter bullsh*t. If European gamers did something like this for every game that was released in North America before Europe, European gamers would be in the asylum.

Ooh, point of order - someone earlier in the thread mentioned the DSi being region-locked. I thought it was only DSi-Only games - and you can always buy a cheaper NDS/DSLite... And more to the point, I may have worded myself a little harshly in the last few sentences of the paragraph and for that I apologise, I just became irked when writing it and don't want to re-phrase it when it will be confused for another point that is irrelevant.

Mhm... Referring back to the first post here, games such as Fire Emblem will not stop being released outside of Japan. A game is released outside Japan first outside of a country other than America, so what? It's not a case of "Nintendo is starting to not give a crap about America", but a case of "Nintendo is starting to care about countries outside of America a little bit more". This thing about FE11 being released in EU before USA is just a small occurence. America will always get the majority of games before almost anywhere else in the world.

Mhm... Referring back to the first post here, games such as Fire Emblem will not stop being released outside of Japan. A game is released outside Japan first outside of a country other than America, so what? It's not a case of "Nintendo is starting to not give a crap about America", but a case of "Nintendo is starting to care about countries outside of America a little bit more". This thing about FE11 being released in EU before USA is just a small occurence. America will always get the majority of games before almost anywhere else in the world.

Hm, good answer...

Though, Nintendo caring is still a weird thing to grasp.

No, I don't think we have a damn thing to worry about, Just because europe before NoA don't mean crap. Like Raven said (well I think it was him) FE is not as popular in NoA then in Europe.

No, I don't think we have a damn thing to worry about, Just because europe before NoA don't mean crap. Like Raven said (well I think it was him) FE is not as popular in NoA then in Europe.

I know...this is what I posted after....

Hm, good answer...

Though, Nintendo caring is still a weird thing to grasp.

See?

As was said earlier,if Nintendo,for some reason,abandons one of it's biggest money,making countries,then you can import it from somewhere.The UK is just across the sea.

I imported Pokemon Diamond from America because it was released about one or two months before the EU release date. I don't see why people can't import FE11 from Europe. You also get a wide variation of languages to play the game with too. Not that I play in anything other than English text. I doubt Americans very often see a language select screen.

Edited by Razgriz

I imported Pokemon Diamond from America because it was released about one or two months before the EU release date. I don't see why people can't import FE11 from Europe. You also get a wide variation of languages to play the game with too. Not that I play in anything other than English text. I doubt Americans very often see a language select screen.

Nintendo thinks that Americans are stupid. As if...

Though our last president didn't improve on this image too well.

Edited by General Spoon

If there is one in Spanish, and other main languages spoken here, NoA should add it. Plus, since Canada is a part of North America, we should have a French translation too. But Europe already takes care of all that; if its not too much $, I'm importing it.

Edited by Ocelot the Viper