Azura's "main" weapon

Anders

Well, i wanted to see your opinions on what weapon to forge for Azura from these 3, taking into account the survivability of Azura and usefulness on combat:

Bamboo Pole:

Mt: 1 Hit: 100 Crit: 0 Avo: 10 Ddg: +10 Def/Res +1

Broom:

Mt: 2 Hit: 100 Crit: 0 Avo: 10 Ddg: 10 Def/Res: 0

Hinoka's Spear:

Mt: 8 Hit: 75 Crit: 0 Avo: 10 Ddg: 0 Def/Res: -1

Edited by Iniktemis

To be honest, a guard naginata and a iron naginata is all Azura really needs. You don't need to forge the guard naginata, but feel free to forge that iron naginata all you want (it's cheap to buy). The broom and Bamboo pole are too low might to be useful and anything that lowers Azura's def is generally a bad idea. Azura has the concept of defense via dodging, but anytime she has a Gohan moment and forgets to dodge she has a bad time.

To be honest, a guard naginata and a iron naginata is all Azura really needs. You don't need to forge the guard naginata, but feel free to forge that iron naginata all you want (it's cheap to buy). The broom and Bamboo pole are too low might to be useful and anything that lowers Azura's def is generally a bad idea. Azura has the concept of defense via dodging, but anytime she has a Gohan moment and forgets to dodge she has a bad time.

Exactly what do you mean by a "Gohan moment"?

Anyways, I like the Guard Naginata suggestion, so I'll second that.

Exactly what do you mean by a "Gohan moment"?

Anyways, I like the Guard Naginata suggestion, so I'll second that.

Gohan forgets how to dodge a lot. It's a joke made constantly in DBZ Abridged and by the community at large. I think the only thing joked about more regarding Gohan is when "CAN BLOCK ENERGY BEAMS BUT CAN'T CATCH AN EARRING"

Anyways, Guard Naginata or forged Iron is good. Pine Branch as well since Azura has good SKL.

bronze naginata

anything else means azura is gaining weapon rank which means she is stealing experience from units that can't dance

bronze lance and unarmed are okay but generally inferior due to not giving +1 def/res

guard naginata is optimal if grinding is allowed, azura really should be dancing every single turn

I use the bolt naginata. It will make archers think twice about attacking her. If I'm on Conquest I'll use Peri's Lance instead.

yes archers will learn to fear that 25% base magic growth and base 2 mag Azura w/ bolt naginata

XD

But in all seriousness, I agree with Soapbar - giving Azura a Bolt Naginata in the hope that archers would be deterred from attacking her would likely be in vain, especially since it nukes her evade.

yes archers will learn to fear that 25% base magic growth and base 2 mag Azura w/ bolt naginata

I also take the time to train her outside her base class. Honestly so much of the advice on this forum assumes a no-grind, Conquest type play through. Believe it not some folks play differently. Using the Bolt Naginata works for me as I take the time in my main files to train Azura so magic isn't a big problem for here. YMMV.

But I'll tell you what. Enemy AI will ignore any unit that can fight back if they have a choice of another unit that can't. Archers don't make thoughtful decisions they execute their script.

Edited by kcirrot

I also take the time to train her outside her base class. Honestly so much of the advice on this forum assumes a no-grind, Conquest type play through. Believe it not some folks play differently. Using the Bolt Naginata works for me as I take the time in my main files to train Azura so magic isn't a big problem for here. YMMV.

But I'll tell you what. Enemy AI will ignore any unit that can fight back if they have a choice of another unit that can't. Archers don't make thoughtful decisions they execute their script.

Actually a lot of advice on this forum is just good advice you should take regardless of playthrough unless you just don't care and are playing for fun in which case you probably weren't seeking advice in the first place.

Believe it or not a lot of advice is just general shit that doesn't apply to any specific type of run such as: "Don't give Azura the lance that tanks her only decent defensive stat, that could be used more effectively by other units that actually belong on the front lines"

Edited by Soapbar

Enemy AI usually doesn't attack stuff that can attack back, but since Azura is made of wet tissue, she is prime target for everything. Also I always want to make Azura something other than a singer... but sing is so valuable for me, she stays a singer forever and in E rank lances forever.

And I see her awesome str, spd and skl and am sad, because she will usually never get to put them to use.

But anyhow, if she is your main singer, and you only use her to sing, then the guard naginata is the prime weapon for her. Well, on paper, I never got mine beyond e rank in lances. Technically every turn she has, she would usually be singing insead of attacking.