Cut Cutscene?

AmericanBuizel

To anyone who's played both the JP and USA version of Fire Emblem Fates, I've heard somewhere saying that Treehouse got rid of an entire cutscene in the game in our version, but I can't find anything saying they did. So, I'm wondering, did they actually get rid of a cutscene or anything?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not true, I'm 99.9% sure. I have the Japanese original soundtrack for the game and it came with the Birthright and Conquest cutscenes and all of them were accounted for in the western localization. Same goes for Revelation since you can find them all on youtube in Japanese and there wasn't any additional cutscene that we didn't get.

If a cutscene was removed from the western localization, there would have been a massive outrage about it.

Edited by carefreejules

@#Jin A friend told me that they cut a cutscene.

@carefreejules I see. I kinda figured, a friend of mine told me that they got rid of a cutscene in our version of the game, but I think he might've fell for a BS article.

Edited by AmericanBuizel

The only thing I can think of is the Saizo/Beruka C support being changed to a brief exchange of ellipses.

No cutscene in the main story was cut; your friend was either misinformed or deliberately spreading misinformation.

It's certainly not perfect, but Fates' localization isn't really the abominable mangling of the game a lot of people like to make it out to be.

My freaking gosh, every time this OP makes a thread it's alway crap flinging in regards to localization.

As someone who has both region copies and doesn't feel the need to look for excuses to throw crap at Treehouse, this is getting tiresome.

Edited by shadowofchaos

My freaking gosh, every time this OP makes a thread it's alway crap flinging in regards to localization.

As someone who has both region copies and doesn't feel the need to look for excuses to throw crap at Treehouse, this is getting tiresome.

tbh I doubt bashing Treehouse isn't going to go for a long time. I'm tired of it too but I don't really see it going anywhere, unfortunately.

Okay, I only asked just because my friend told me that a cutscene was taken out. I guess he was just mis-informed.

I once had a friend who was convinced that the pokemon anime had a ash/misty sex scene that was cut from the US version. He believed this rumer because of 4kidz's proven track record of mutilating shows (and the fact they actually did cut that swimsuit contest episode, and the one with the slave jynx.) Rumers like that often spread because of they seem reasonable (in both cases, there was actual censorship/localization, which made it easy to believe that other content might have been removed.)

Edited by sirmola

tbh I doubt bashing Treehouse isn't going to go for a long time. I'm tired of it too but I don't really see it going anywhere, unfortunately.

We bash Treehouse because we don't want our games filled with memes. Besides, they localized Hyrule Warriors and that didn't get censored so I don't see why they'd all of a sudden start censoring other games.

We bash Treehouse because we don't want our games filled with memes. Besides, they localized Hyrule Warriors and that didn't get censored so I don't see why they'd all of a sudden start censoring other games.

Lovely, now take your concerns to somewhere where they'll make a difference (as in, not here, we don't have any connection to Treehouse). It's one thing to dislike something, but you need to tone it down.

I once had a friend who was convinced that the pokemon anime had a ash/misty sex scene that was cut from the US version. He believed this rumer because of 4kidz's proven track record of mutilating shows (and the fact they actually did cut that swimsuit contest episode, and the one with the slave jynx.) Rumers like that often spread because of they seem reasonable (in both cases, there was actual censorship/localization, which made it easy to believe that other content might have been removed.)

Yeah, but here's the thing. Unlike 4Kids, Treehouse didn't always have this reputation. They used to do great localizations on other games like Hyrule Warriors, Pikmin 3, The Wonderful 101, etc. 4Kids has always been shit even from day 1. So, I don't see why they all of a sudden started censoring content.

EDIT: Also, 4Kids often changed the soundtracks for every single anime they dubbed, heavily altered the stories (i.e. One Piece and Yu-gi-oh!), got rid of death and suicide scenes, etc. Treehouse has yet to do anything like that.

Edited by AmericanBuizel

Lovely, now take your concerns to somewhere where they'll make a difference (as in, not here, we don't have any connection to Treehouse). It's one thing to dislike something, but you need to tone it down.

Still, doesn't it piss you off that you're not getting the exact characters that the developers intended?

Still, doesn't it piss you off that you're not getting the exact characters that the developers intended?

Not at all, because you don't know whether or not the translators talked to the development team beforehand. Also, this topic has been done to death, and you're derailing your own thread. Please stop.

Treehouse were working on a Nintendo product; I'm sure any changes they made had to be conveyed to Nintendo/Intelligent Systems. Besides, we're not talking about random fans translating the game, but a professional company. So it's safe to assume there was communication and/or consent between all of the parties involved.

Related, there was a recent-ish quote from one of the Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE developers that touched on a similar subject. Fans were bashing the localisaiton of that game like crazy, but the Japanese developers were pretty chill about it and actually happy for the localisation changes in the end.

So what the "developers intended" isn't always suitable for every audience and can actually change. If that's the case, I think fans need to become more open-minded, rather than criticise every single change.

Anyway, back to the subject, I think it's OK to inquire about things like this, especially if it helps clear up misinformation. However, I agree with eclipse that continuing in this particular direction is just going to go nowhere ^^

Edited by VincentASM

No, because to be frank, I read about the characters as intended, and I would've preferred more "censorship" than we got.

Oh shit, didn't see the mods telling this chain to stop, ignore this please.

Edited by MCProductions

They still likely localized the memes though, as to not confuse foreign players with things they possibly might not understand at first.

I wouldn't know, though, I'm just a generic with no actual translation skills.

You are aware that the Japanse version of many games are filled with memes as well?

It's not a Treehouse thing.

I highly doubt the Japanese version of FE Fates had memes though. I couldn't find any source proving me wrong.

Treehouse were working on a Nintendo product; I'm sure any changes they made had to be conveyed to Nintendo/Intelligent Systems. Besides, we're not talking about random fans translating the game, but a professional company. So it's safe to assume there was communication and/or consent between all of the parties involved.

Related, there was a recent-ish quote from one of the Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE developers that touched on a similar subject. Fans were bashing the localisaiton of that game like crazy, but the Japanese developers were pretty chill about it and actually happy for the localisation changes in the end.

So what the "developers intended" isn't always suitable for every audience and can actually change. If that's the case, I think fans need to become more open-minded, rather than criticise every single change.

Anyway, back to the subject, I think it's OK to inquire about things like this, especially if it helps clear up misinformation. However, I agree with eclipse that continuing in this particular direction is just going to go nowhere ^^

Can I get a link to this article? Because I remember reading this one other article on twitter saying that the creator of the game was pretty dissapointed that the game got censored and wasn't presented as it was intended.