Anyone else here played Okami?

Dragoncat

I'm very close to beating the first Okami game(in the Ark of Yamato) and picked up its sequel, Okamiden. If you need an indication on whether I liked it or not...well, my brain is starting to form a fankid for Susano and Kushi. Yeah, they adopt, but...why not have one biologically. I'm thinking it will be a tomboyish girl, by the time she's old enough to do anything her adopted brother would be a teen and Mushi would be a young man. Mushi is the kid whose mom doesn't want you digging in her turnip patch in case somebody doesnt remember. Anyway this girl, although tomboyish, wouldn't be overly rowdy. More of a "brains over brawn" type. She'd use a sword, but her fighting style would be more strategic. Maybe she'd even apprentice under the fireworks guy whose name I have forgotten. No name yet, I'm not even sure if I'm going through with the idea. I'd also like to maybe make an oina oc. They're cool. No pun intended(they live in a snowy place). Almost like wolf laguz who also use beorc weapons. And lack the doggy parts nonshifted. And wear masks.

Yeah...who else loves it? Who can add to this?

Okami is the best Zelda game no one played. Okamiden is good, but it was definitely held back by the DS hardware. If they rebuilt it from scratch for 3DS and improved the design, it could actually be comparable, and that would be fantastic.

Amen!

I'm actually emulating Okamiden. I agree that a 3ds one would be awesome.

Okamiden has anti piracy make sure you find a work around if you go this route.

Anyways Okami is my 6th favorite game of all time and Okamiden is a great game too it's just... severely limited by its hardware, a game in desperate need of a remake. Also don't worry about Susano and Kushi son, you will meet Kuni early in Okamiden and he is awesome.

Edited by Locke087

I have both. Okami is one of my favorite games ever. Its glorious and beautiful. The soundtrack is also to die for. I love what the game is doing with Japanese mythology and the message behind the story. I only have one beef and thats the many Orochi fights. Omg, could you not lmao.

As for Okamiden, i wasnt as happy with it. Its not bad or anything, just didnt wow me like Okami did.

I played it way back when it came out on the PS2, I wish I still had it so I can give it another try. The most I remember was the paint brush ability was cool and fun to use, but the open areas really intimidated me when I was younger.

Okamiden has anti piracy make sure you find a work around if you go this route.

Anyways Okami is my 6th favorite game of all time and Okamiden is a great game too it's just... severely limited by its hardware, a game in desperate need of a remake. Also don't worry about Susano and Kushi son, you will meet Kuni early in Okamiden and he is awesome.

Well so far nothing bad has happened...I'll assume the emulator I used or the rom I used has done something about it. If not I can probably find a copy at my local gamestop.

I know about Kuni. Not worried, just...they're too cute of a couple to not get it on lol. Admit it. You'd love to see the fankid I presented be canon. Obviously Kuni is not biologically theirs since it takes place mere months after the first game. That's great though, kid needed a home, I assume he was an orphan or something of that extent.

Loki: Yeah you do fight Orochi 3 times. I don't mind it though, since the music for the second form has earned itself a place in my music library.

Well so far nothing bad has happened...I'll assume the emulator I used or the rom I used has done something about it. If not I can probably find a copy at my local gamestop.

I know about Kuni. Not worried, just...they're too cute of a couple to not get it on lol. Admit it. You'd love to see the fankid I presented be canon. Obviously Kuni is not biologically theirs since it takes place mere months after the first game. That's great though, kid needed a home, I assume he was an orphan or something of that extent.

Loki: Yeah you do fight Orochi 3 times. I don't mind it though, since the music for the second form has earned itself a place in my music library.

If when you exit a portal where you learn power slash among other things, Kuni disappears off your backs you have hit the anti piracy, If not congratulations you're safe. If you are not using a type of R4 card I don't know how you'll do the work around (as I could not find any good pre-patch ROMs), So good luck.

As for second part lets just say if I keep talking I'm going to spoil Okamiden for you.

Edited by Locke087

I loved Okamiden. I 100%-ed it 4 times, and I regret selling it even to this day (long story).

I recently got Okami, and I haven't played much of it yet, though I enjoyed what I played. :)

If when you exit a portal where you learn power slash among other things, Kuni disappears off your backs you have hit the anti piracy, If not congratulations you're safe. If you are not using a type of R4 card I don't know how you'll do the work around (as I could not find any good pre-patch ROMs), So good luck.

So says google...I'm seriously worried, there's no way of telling. But I have a backup plan, I think I saw Okamiden at the gamestop when I got Okami. Fingers crossed.

Good news people! The rom is prepatched! I'm on my way to Hana Valley now. I like Kuni already, he seems well rounded. Trying to live up to his legacy but he's secretly a bit of a coward. I could've swore he was supposed to be adopted, but no mention of that. The synopsis on...somewhere, forgot, said so. But it's only been 9 months since the end of Okami, so even if he was concieved on the night of the Kamiki festival, by rights he shouldn't be old enough to walk and talk. I guess it would depend on how long the second half of Okami was, but still, I don't think it was that long. Well I guess I'll wait and see, Locke implied there's a legit reason.

Behind The Name says Kuni isn't a real world name. I went there to pick a name for that fankid and thought I would find the meaning of Kuni and go from there. Well, that didn't work, but I think I'll call her Sora. Means sky. After I get done with my Orochi drawing I'll design her. Is anyone here actually interested or am I rambling?

Remember, you're playing the game as a god-dog. Realism is not exactly a requirement for Okami. Regardless, Kuni is adopted. However, I have no interest in your OC since Kuni is canon.

Did you collect all 101 stray beads in Okami? That's how you "complete" the game. The last couple demon gates are real tough, so bring lots of items.

You might be playing as a god, but that doesn't mean kids can be born like 10 years old...and okay, fair enough. Some people arent interested in fan content/OCs.

No, I didn't get all the stray beads. Not big on 100%ing.

I love both Okami and Okamiden, I need to go back and 100% both of them one of these days. Of course anything with wolves as good guys in it is something I will probably like. Have fun with Okamiden you will probably find the ending very good.

I've played the Wii version of Okami. It was pretty decent overall, the visuals were especially nice. My only real complaints were a late game lull, but it was by no means a bad game.

Loki: Yeah you do fight Orochi 3 times. I don't mind it though, since the music for the second form has earned itself a place in my music library

I find it tedious. But moreso because my disk tends to freeze during a couple of these fights. D:

Edited by Loki Laufeyson

I've played the Wii version of Okami. It was pretty decent overall, the visuals were especially nice. My only real complaints were a late game lull, but it was by no means a bad game.

I played wii too! I was afraid to specify the version. Afraid of getting "wii version sucks, play ps2 version". I wouldn't put it past people, the brush in the wii version can be a major pain in the butt at times...

Original poster, add a poll! "Xenoblade VS Okami"! Dooo it!

But I haven't played Xenoblade.