Least Favorite thing about your favorite FE

MCProductions

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The pairing system in Genealogy is very awkward and clunky. That alone isn't so bad but at least in some part the pairings are also based on the whims of the game rather than your own actions. You are forced to stick two characters together like glue but even if you do then the game might just pair a character with one you barely used instead of the one put all that work in.

The pairing system in Genealogy is very awkward and clunky. That alone isn't so bad but at least in some part the pairings are also based on the whims of the game rather than your own actions. You are forced to stick two characters together like glue but even if you do then the game might just pair a character with one you barely used instead of the one put all that work in.

I think that cases are only actually common with Lewyn (Sylvia and Erin have a massive base love with him and incredible love growth).

Edited by Troykv

I think that cases are only actually common with Lewyn (Sylvia and Erin have a massive base love with him and incredible love growth).

The personal experiance i'm going with is actually with Adean. I stuck her with Jamuka as much as possible and the fortune teller said it was going well between them....and then Adean suddenly went with Dew.

Awakening: The DLC postgame grind wall.

Even if you could one round Grima on Lunatic, you die on certain DLC because your non-elite units can't keep a choke point from past FE units with inflated stats.

RD: Micaiah having a 90% Res growth (which she'll never have to use), but then having a 35% Spd growth. I wouldn't mind if she was a optional use character (such as Meg or Fiona), but the game forces the player to field her throughout the entire game!

EDIT: Also, there is the issue of her very late promotion to third tier, where by the time it happens, she's at least 10 levels below the rest of my units.

tl;dr: Micaiah totally blows!

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Binding Blade: I don't have huge problems with lack of accuracy (if anything, that makes the Skill stat actually relevant), but in terms of stats, this game really has quite a lot of:

• class discriminations (especially against Ward/Lot, or any other Axe user), and
  • prejudice against more units (ie Wendy or Sophia)

And they are so blatant, said practice should have been made unconstitutional by a nation's Supreme Court. At least there should have been ways to allow target practice for these guys. Even the similarly difficult Fates Conquest doesn't do bullshit stuff like this...

Edited by henrymidfields

RD: Micaiah having a 90% Res growth (which she'll never have to use), but then having a 35% Spd growth. I wouldn't mind if she was a optional use character (such as Meg or Fiona), but the game forces the player to field her throughout the entire game!

EDIT: Also, there is the issue of her very late promotion to third tier, where by the time it happens, she's at least 10 levels below the rest of my units.

I totally agree with you this one. I am also one of those people who would like for Micaiah to have access to dark tomes to make her more useful (and give us a dark magic user for the first playthrough).

As for the main topic- I really hate the biorhythm system.

My favourite FE game would be either Radiant Dawn or Sacred Stones. I will post both here

Radiant Dawn- Lack of Supports

Sacred Stones- Phantom Ship

Assumin that I don't RNG abuse or Arena abuse(much) this chapter is really a pain in hard mode if you wanna recruit and keep everyone alive

Micaiah's a saint/healer. Stop trying to use her as a nuker. All mages suck as fighters in RD.

On topic: I don't really have a favorite fire emblem game. But as a fan of the 2 elibe games, I really hate the idea of hard mode bonuses. If the game is suppose to be harder, then certain characters shouldn't be stronger because they failed to balance their stats while they're "red."

Edited by BillNyeTheBlackGuy

I never had a problem with Micaiah... The solution to 90% of life's problems is a Thani bomb.

*Enemy Knight in the sight* Micaiah! NOW! PREPARE THANI BOMB! *Enemy Knight Explode*

FE12: Ambush spawns and unit balance

FE6: Weapon hitrates

Conquest: Lategame maps on Lunatic and the resource (ores/nutrients) system.

Edited by Gradivus.

Let me just go back to review what I actually said my favorite FE is...

Blazing Sword? Yeah, that sounds right. Now, as to what I dislike in it...

Ooh, I know! Everything that happens, plotwise, after you kill Nergal. Well, technically, after the three dragons appear. I'm okay with that much.

- Ninian gets revived from the dead... somehow. Bramimond was hiding an Aum staff?

- I guess she can kill two dragons with a single attack, too. I wouldn't know it from that strength stat.

- The Dragon doing exactly 37 (39 on hard?) damage to everyone. I'm okay with powerful attacks, but I also like defenses to mean something. Relatedly,

- The fact that the Luna tome can completely trivialize this battle (thanks, Canas - although it's more the tome's fault, for just being too good).

- Athos, using his dying breaths, to offer our heroes a commercial for the previous game.

- The final scene of FE7, being yet another commercial for FE6.

- FE6 not being released outside of Japan (okay, this one wasn't exactly the game's fault, but...).

One more point? Renault. Dude should have joined on your first visit to the Isle. Then you'd get the chance to know him, raise him, build his cool supports, etc. Instead you're left with, IMO, the most useless unit in the game (discounting the cool tome and staff he brings).

• 4 months later...

Sacred Stones: Just a bit too easy on hard mode. The fact that either Selena or Glen will die off-screen depending on which route you choose. The fact that Glen is never fought and dies like a wimp against Valter. Franz always getting RNG-screwed when I use him. 

Edited by Heptade