Odin and Orochi or Odin and Elise

WinterOkami

I know Elise gives good growthrates for Ophelia but I am tempted to have Orochi for good growth rates but also tomefaire as well however I also have Jakob who will take the one Odin will not marry thus why I am hesitant to choose Elise.

Depends.

Orochi will shank Ophelia's speed. However, Ophelia will get a ton of magic and Tomefaire. If you're going for Nosfertanking/Lightning shenanigans, I'd do this.

Elise gives more well-rounded stats, but the resulting Ophelia won't be as much of a nuke.

Figure out what your team needs, and cater to that.

Depends.

Orochi will shank Ophelia's speed. However, Ophelia will get a ton of magic and Tomefaire. If you're going for Nosfertanking/Lightning shenanigans, I'd do this.

Elise gives more well-rounded stats, but the resulting Ophelia won't be as much of a nuke.

Figure out what your team needs, and cater to that.

Actually, I'd argue it's the opposite in some regards.

Elise and Orochi give her the same Magic growth of 55%, and the same Magic Cap of +5. Orochi!Ophelia has slightly more HP, Skill, Defense and Resistance, while Elise!Ophelia has better Speed and Luck.

Elise!Ophelia will be a bit more dodgy and able to double, while Orochi!Ophelia can take hits a bit better.

Edited by TrueEm

Actually, I'd argue it's the opposite in some regards.

Elise and Orochi give her the same Magic growth of 55%, and the same Magic Cap of +5. Orochi!Ophelia has slightly more HP, Skill, Defense and Resistance, while Elise!Ophelia has better Speed and Luck.

Elise!Ophelia will be a bit more dodgy and able to double, while Orochi!Ophelia can take hits a bit better.

First off, if I care about min-maxing caps, then I'm grinding, so growth rates don't really matter to me unless they're really low.

Second, Orochi gives a withering -4 Speed modifier (off the top of my head), so that means that Ophelia needs to kill things in one turn, or use a weapon that isn't going to double anyway. While Snake Spirit's stronger than Lightning, its accuracy leaves much to be desired. Nosferatu kind-of works against Ophelia's personal skill, but it should be enough to keep her alive on EP, assuming she doesn't facetank a Berserker with a Killer Axe or something. Odin's Grimoire looks like the best fit for her - no follow-ups and a nifty effect on critical, though that hit rate depresses me. If necessary, she can reclass into Onmyoji and use her magic stat for healing.

Elise's stats are better for just about everything else, since Ophelia's Speed is no longer completely shot, and Horse Spirit will actually do more than make her slightly tankier. She gets a bit more mobility thanks to Strategist, but she'll need to purchase the relevant skills from another castle. If she goes Strategist, she loses out on A tomes, so IMO her best bet is Excalibur as a Sorcerer.

That's why Orochi's more of a gimmick build/maybe massive staff character, while Elise is more well-rounded.

I went with Orochi!Ophelia because I love having a magic crit machine. It was hilarious. I made her a Witch and she works pretty well.

Also purple hair Ophelia I'm starting to like more than blonde Elise.

First off, if I care about min-maxing caps, then I'm grinding, so growth rates don't really matter to me unless they're really low.

Second, Orochi gives a withering -4 Speed modifier (off the top of my head), so that means that Ophelia needs to kill things in one turn, or use a weapon that isn't going to double anyway. While Snake Spirit's stronger than Lightning, its accuracy leaves much to be desired. Nosferatu kind-of works against Ophelia's personal skill, but it should be enough to keep her alive on EP, assuming she doesn't facetank a Berserker with a Killer Axe or something. Odin's Grimoire looks like the best fit for her - no follow-ups and a nifty effect on critical, though that hit rate depresses me. If necessary, she can reclass into Onmyoji and use her magic stat for healing.

Elise's stats are better for just about everything else, since Ophelia's Speed is no longer completely shot, and Horse Spirit will actually do more than make her slightly tankier. She gets a bit more mobility thanks to Strategist, but she'll need to purchase the relevant skills from another castle. If she goes Strategist, she loses out on A tomes, so IMO her best bet is Excalibur as a Sorcerer.

That's why Orochi's more of a gimmick build/maybe massive staff character, while Elise is more well-rounded.

I was mostly confused due to you saying Elise!Ophelia would be less of a Nuke earlier, which is part I found to be opposite. Sorry if that was confusing.

Ophelia can have access to A Rank tomes and high Movement with Dark Knight, but she would have 4 Less Magic and 2 Less Speed in exchange for 5 more Defense, 5 more Luck and 2 more Skill. Not to mention the access to Swords if you manage to max out her Strength, but her PS would probably take priority over Swords.

Revelations!Ophelia would probably be better with Elise though since she has access to Tomefaire via A+ Support with Rhajat.

I was mostly confused due to you saying Elise!Ophelia would be less of a Nuke earlier, which is part I found to be opposite. Sorry if that was confusing.

Ophelia can have access to A Rank tomes and high Movement with Dark Knight, but she would have 4 Less Magic and 2 Less Speed in exchange for 5 more Defense, 5 more Luck and 2 more Skill. Not to mention the access to Swords if you manage to max out her Strength, but her PS would probably take priority over Swords.

Revelations!Ophelia would probably be better with Elise though since she has access to Tomefaire via A+ Support with Rhajat.

Eh, no worries~!

I suppose Levin Sword shenanigans could commence with Ophelia as a Dark Knight, but it completely flies in the face of her personal skill. Still, she loses out on raw power, and that hurts her. I guess she could attempt Nosfertanking with Shadowgift, since she gets a good amount of bulk?

I think it depends on what kind of Ophelia is needed during endgame. If you're going crazy crit build, Orochi's better IMO. If you're going for a more vanilla Ophelia, Elise is better. If you're going for aesthetics, then use Selena. :P:

Even more help fantastic.

Honestly I will go with Elise and Odin since it's the safest bet although she won't be a nuke I can use the buddy seal with Rhajat and have her become an Onmyoji.

The funny thing is that now I have a stylish purple hair Dwyer

Thanks again for your advices