Can anyone translate this Thracia 776 bit?

ReyVGM

I know there's a translation, but with my limited knowledge it sounds like it takes too many liberties and I would love if anyone else can translate what the last boss says at the end when you defeat him.

ぐ・・・
このわしが・・・
バカな・・・

だが・・・
まだ終わりではないぞ・・・

わしが死んでも・・・
ロプトは滅びぬ・・・

ロプト帝国の復活は・・・
目の前に・・・
せまっておるのだ・・・

せいぜいそれまで
あがくのだな・・・
フフフ・・・ハハハハハ・・・

Edited by ReyVGM

Here is the most literal translation I can give you followed by how I would translate it. I give you such so you can compare it yourself and see how you can see how things change via translation if the meaning is the same. (Please keep in mind I lack context as I did not play Thracia 776):

Super Literal

Kuu...

This [all-powerful] me...

Impossible...

But...

This isn't the end just yet...

Even if I die...

Roputo will not be destroyed...

The Roputo Empire's restoration...

Before your eyes...

The time approaches...

At the very least until then

You can struggle...

Fufufu...hahahahaha...

Edited to flow better.

Gah...
I've been defeated...?
Impossible...

But...
It's not over yet...

Die as I may...
Loptyr will live on...

The time is approaching...
Where you shall bear witness...
To the revival of the Lopto Empire!

Enjoy your fruitless struggle...
As it shall come to an end then...
Fufufu...fwahahaha...

バカな you often hear muttered when commenting on absurdity. The hint is that its by itself and that he is astonished at something, as evident by the line before.

If it were say, バカな人 or something, then its probably an insult, though it would probably just be written as バカ. The way his tone is too (as evident from using わし and the like) means he's doing the more old-man/elderly/etc sort of speak, which probably would not say "バカ" (more a street/young man's thing). But バカな (with the na) is very much like people who take the "washi" tone to speak.

I guess you can take バカな being like "what a stupid [situation]!" The situation itself cannot really be stupid in the sense of being smart/not smart, but still "unfavorable."

Hope that makes sense!

Edited by Kirokan

Another note on "Fufufu"...it's ACTUALLY supposed to be pronounced more like "Hehehe", like in this video here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa2N1ycj_cY&t=23s

The ふ symbol is weird in that it's a part of the five syllables that start with H (the others being Ha, He, Hi, and Ho), and yet, it typically is used to make an "F" sound...except in a few rare cases like this.

So this guy's ending laugh would actually be more like...

Hehehe...HAHAHAHAHA...

Edited by FionordeQuester

Yes, fufufu actually comes out more like huhuhu, a bit of a deviant giggle. But I think I've seen fufu being translated across more with f's as a more acceptable form. In the case above, I would write "Heh heh heh" rather than "hehehe" as the second may come off as more childish/feminine rather than a devious [man].

And you're quite welcome. : )

Edited by Kirokan

Yes, fufufu actually comes out more like huhuhu, a bit of a deviant giggle. But I think I've seen fufu being translated across more with f's as a more acceptable form. In the case above, I would write "Heh heh heh" rather than "hehehe" as the second may come off as more childish/feminine rather than devious.

And you're quite welcome. : )

Oh yeah...that's a good point. So Hehehe would be more the kind of thing you'd use for くくく, right?