Does Sakura look like Sora Takanashi?

Captain Karnage

sorry I'm not sure exactly where this goes but I couldn't help not noticing this

so as we all know this is Sakura

1tS63ac.jpg

and for those of you who don't know this is Sora Takanashi from Listen to Me, Girls, I'm Your Father (which is a really good anime btw, minus the first episode)

bTZ2gFB.jpg

they are around the same age 14

simillar hair and they both have red eyes

and as I just finished the series I can say that Sakura acts a little to simmilar to Sora

I'm just going to leave it at, IS was heavily inspired by Sora

edit, sorry I couldn't find images of a similar size

Edited by Captain Karnage

Nah, bangs are different (Sakura's are swept to the side while Sora's hang straight down) and Sakura doesn't have an ahoge (random lock of hair sticking straight up) and Sora's hair and eyes look brown to me, not red.

Also, the character of the shy girl who is still able to buck up the courage to stand up for herself and those she cares about is a pretty common character archetype so to say that Sakura is inspired by this one character seems like a bit of a stretch.

I mean, kinda?

As The Geek said, Sakura is also a member of an incredibly common character archetype so to say that her personality was based on any one single character who preceded her is definitely reaching.

sorry I'm not sure exactly where this goes

Didn't see this before but probably it should be in the Fire Emblem Fates-specific board, since it is about a character who appears only in that game.

Edited by Topaz Light

I see more of this

5aa2f9f459b468286cc5d9766e675a60.png

than what you posted @Karnage. Granted, her personality develops in the series more than Sakura's but you know what i mean.

I mean, it's tropey anyway: Shy Asian teen with short reddish hair god feels like i'm advertising horrible google searches

Edited by Elieson

I moved this thread to the Fates' specific forum since it's about a Fates character. :)

For the record, I'm in the boat that Sakura was more designed to fit a generic anime trope appearance (and there are obviously other characters also match/fit that trope) rather than being designed to match a particular character.

It's been said, they have different bangs, with Sakura's being swept to one side. And with the second one given, she still has different bangs, as Sakura's go down farther and are more towards her face at the end.

Not gonna lie, I thought for a second you were talking about Sora Takenouchi from Digimon and got really confused because she and Sakura don't look anything alike.

As for the question at hand, I'm going to agree that the similarities are due to common anime tropes.