RIP Gene Wilder

Jedi

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37215553

Now I don't usually post these kinds of things, but, He starred in some of my favorite movies, and was a really funny guy. He will be missed...

I think i'll watch some Blazing Saddles, The Producers, and Willy Wonka later.

Edited by Jedi

Haunted Honeymoon was probably my favorite of his. Totally underappreciated.

I still need to see this one actually. Maybe I'll give it a go now.

Sad to see him go, but he had a long life. Rest in peace. Young Frankenstein is my favorite of his.

Young Frankenstein is great, and yeah the dude had a nice long life at least.

Hes with Gilda now.

Im legit sad about this and i wish this fucking year would stop taking our legends away. One of those people who low key influenced me and my entire sense of humor and expression. Gene Wilder was so freaking amazing. My favorite film of his is Young Frankenstein. The World's Greatest Lover was the first film i ever saw him in. Even though Willy Wonka was huge thing in my childhood, it really wasnt the first time i saw him in film. Hell, I think Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory was like the fifth film i had seen him in when i first saw it. My parents watched a lot of movies with me as a kid and exposed me to great film at a really young age.

Every time he was on screen with Dom DeLuise, it was like magic was happening. Really hilarious magic. And when Mel Brooks put him in movies, the hilarious magic exploded into those little animated bits of A Million Pieces that Willy Wonka showed Mike Teevee.

Ungh RIP Gene Wilder. He was just the best.

As much as the infamous "2016, written by George R. R. Martin" has taken, I can be glad he lived to 83.

Rest in piece you legend.

I need to catch up on a lot of his other stuff, Young Frankenstein is a favorite of mine.

The fact so many really influential people have died this year is... depressing. I remember first seeing him in Willy Wonka and it was one of my favorite childhood movies. I'll probably rewatch it and some others later. Rest in piece.