New Nintendo Direct this Thursday!

The DanMan

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well official release date for SMT is good, I wept at the new Zelda Amiibo because now they have to go and make more I want without saying anything about Bayonetta and Corrin but at least I will finally be able to get Toon Link, the Zelda book looks good. All in all not horrid but not wonderful either.

The Wii U is obsolete since the Star Fox's release (the last main Wii U game, because Lol Paper Mario)... So, I'm no dissapointed... except I wanted to see something about the Fates DLC.

There are a japanese direct too? Maybe they uploaded something appealing.

I'm wondering if this Pimkin game is during or somewhat before the events of Pikmin 3(because this BETTER NOT be Pikmin 4. I will scream...)

Also Wind Waker Amiibo...oh our poor wallets...;3

I wouldn't mind so much if it was a spinoff, but I'd be saddened if something like Paper Mario happened to Pikmin.

And yeah, TWW is my favorite game ever, so I'm definitely getting the Hero of Winds Amiibo. I don't like OoT, but I'm getting that Link Amiibo since I do like the "Hero of Time" character himself.

I'm just way too much of a Link fan I guess :P:

Wait, what are those reactions? I've only played the free Fates DLC since I didn't want to give those developers even more money.

I meant the negative reactions towards the game in general.

There's a thread specifically for this topic on the Fates board so let's move this discussion there.

Honestly don't know what you people were expecting... Frankly this is better than I thought it was going to be. Mario Maker and Wolly World are games I think would be better on a handheld anyways (I own a Wii U I just wasn't really interested as I am not the biggest fan of 2d Mario). Don't know if I personally will pick them up but it's good that they're being introduced to a wider audience. I will wait and see on 2d Pikmin it could be good who knows. Also speeding up street pass is great that was the best announcement of the meeting for me.

Overall it is what I expected from Nintendo since they are in a transition period.

Well, considering the Brazilian rating boards slip-up a Dragon Ball Fusions localization was expected. Etrian Odyssey V and Monster Hunter Stories were also anticipated to be announced for localization.

Can't help but say that this Direct was a tad disappointing.

Why do I get the feeling that Pikmin 3DS might become the new Metroid Prime Federation Force in the eyes of the fans?

I don't mind it, but a lot of people seems displeased.

If It's confirmed to be a spin-off, It won't be..."criticized" as Federation Force, since It seems to have the typical elements of the series and could be a good wat to pass time before Pikmin 4.

However, if It's confirmed to be Pikmin 4...well, It will become the Federation Force of the Pikmin serie.

Honestly don't know what you people were expecting... Frankly this is better than I thought it was going to be. Mario Maker and Wolly World are games I think would be better on a handheld anyways (I own a Wii U I just wasn't really interested as I am not the biggest fan of 2d Mario). Don't know if I personally will pick them up but it's good that they're being introduced to a wider audience. I will wait and see on 2d Pikmin it could be good who knows. Also speeding up street pass is great that was the best announcement of the meeting for me.

Overall it is what I expected from Nintendo since they are in a transition period.

Not that I was expecting huge announcements. It's basically that the content of the Direct was underwhelming to my tastes ~

If It's confirmed to be a spin-off, It won't be..."criticized" as Federation Force, since It seems to have the typical elements of the series and could be a good wat to pass time before Pikmin 4.

However, if It's confirmed to be Pikmin 4...well, It will become the Federation Force of the Pikmin serie.

Wait. Is Federation Force considered main series?

My only problem with the Direct was the ending with Reggie and Bill. It looked like they were setting up one final announcement with Reggie finally getting his 3DS and then it just... stopped.

Wait. Is Federation Force considered main series?

More or less, yeah. Mostly for Metroid Prime(I think its creator tried to push that in a previous direct...).

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. (Although I'm not sure how others see ot as...)

You know, in regards to the Fates's DLC, aside of it being a ton of text to translate, there IS the fact that one of the DLCs IS Halloween-themed...maybe they're waiting until October?

A new Nintendo Direct aired today and usually I do a whole recap on it. But it's early and I'm tired, so I'm just going to talk about my favorite thing from it.

You may guess it's the Mario Sports Superstars, which is a five-in-one sports game much like Mario Sports Mix for Wii (but with one extra game!). Or perhaps the 3DS version of Super Mario Maker, which is something I called from the initial game's release.

Maybe I'll talk about Yo-Kai Watch or Phoenix Wright? Nah, I don't know too much about those series...es. Hyrule Warriors Legends DLC? ...No, overdone at this point.

Pokemon? I gotta talk about the new Alolan Dark/Normal Ratatta, right? ...Nah. It's cool and all, but I'll wait for more info about that before I continue with it.

Dragon Quest 7 & 8, of course! I'm a big Dragon Quest fan (kinda)! ...Sheesh, no, I'm not feeling that either...

Oh, I know! The one thing that I and several other people have been waiting for: the Zelda amiibo line! Specifically the 8-Bit Link amiibo, which is similar to the 8-Bit Mario(s) amiibo released for Mario's 30th anniversary. Look at it! It's awesome! These amiibo, which consists so far of said 8-bit Link, Ocarina of Time Link, and Toon Link and Zelda, along with the already announced ones, will have some bearing on the new The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

Late-2016/Early-2017 is looking good!

JxTRwVUj0j-17qhQq0o950SsabAntF4W.png

Edited by Power Master

More or less, yeah. Mostly for Metroid Prime(I think its creator tried to push that in a previous direct...).

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. (Although I'm not sure how others see ot as...)

Huh. I just thought it was a spin-off that came out at a bad time (considering it has been a while since the last main series game and it was Other M)... I actually heard it is decent from some people who played it. Just not as good as the Prime series.

My only problem with the Direct was the ending with Reggie and Bill. It looked like they were setting up one final announcement with Reggie finally getting his 3DS and then it just... stopped.

I agree with this statement. It felt awkward

Anti-climactic, yes.

Not too many big high hopes(are really much), but it felt like it starting to get good then..."we're done, laters"!

Something else would have probably helped...oh well...