Something I realized about Halloween

Mufasa

No. Halloween isn't about celebrating monsters and ghouls, it's supposed to be the night where you can communicate with the dead, it's to give praise to your dead ancestors and wish them well in the after life, and ask them to watch over you.

I in no way worship the Devil, I don't even believe in the Devil, I'm Wiccan.

What you are doing is the thing that all of the Asian ppls are doing. They pray for their ancestor, the gods in their house to and hope for the bless from them. Sometime, they burn things like paperhouse or papercar, they think that in the afterworld, their ancestor will revive whatever they burned.

And Cynthia, you mentioned about "burning"? Can I know about it?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess that means it's okay to discriminate again?

We don't live in the Holocaust anymore either, does that mean that we can discriminate Jewish people?

I think the world needs a little discrimination.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't want to kill anybody, but a world without discrimination isn't natural. There needs to be certain questions asked about different things.

The only reason why the Holocaust stopped was because people thought it was wrong. Technically, people discriminated against the nazi party for doing such a thing. So we went in and stopped them.

What you are doing is the thing that all of the Asian ppls are doing. They pray for their ancestor, the gods in their house to and hope for the bless from them. Sometime, they burn things like paperhouse or papercar, they think that in the afterworld, their ancestor will revive whatever they burned.

And Cynthia, you mentioned about "burning"? Can I know about it?

The "Burning Ages," was a time in Europe when Pagans, or even people accused of being Pagan (as being Pagan directly means you are a witch, thus where the new form of Paganism called Wiccan arrised.) you were killed.

They were either hanged, drowned or tortured. A similar thing happened during the Salem Witch Trials.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't want to kill anybody, but a world without discrimination isn't natural. There needs to be certain questions asked about different things.

The only reason why the Holocaust stopped was because people thought it was wrong. Technically, people discriminated against the nazi party for doing such a thing. So we went in and stopped them.

Yet you don't accuse them of being Satan worshipers now do you?

There really isn't that big a difference, both were killed for their beliefs. Haven't they suffered enough? Who are you to continue spreading discrimination?

I have to agree in the sense that discrimination will always be there it's nothing we can do about it. But personally I don't think the world needs it. Death by these petty differences that one can learn to overcome is nothing good

The "Burning Ages," was a time in Europe when Pagans, or even people accused of being Pagan (as being Pagan directly means you are a witch, thus where the new form of Paganism called Wiccan arrised.) you were killed.

They were either hanged, drowned or tortured. A similar thing happened during the Salem Witch Trials.

Op, that were suck! Because at the same ages of that "burning". In Asian, everybody that belived to have magical power or anything unnatural is nearly god in ppls's eyes. Emperor asked for their "wisdom" when something he dont understand happens(or just because he have a nightmare). Even in this ages, a lot of ppls still belive in them, they give the witch, wizard almost anything just to have a word of bless from them. In my country, there is a mountain fulled with witch, none of them are really but they just have to sit in one place and wait for their "preys".

A, there is a story. The woman ask the wizard to kill the ghost that cursing her daughter. The wizard say that he will use his holy power in his penis to kill that ghost and the woman just stand to see her daughter being raped by him. I dont have any offends but anything have a limited. when it's go unbalance, something like "burning ages" and the things I tell will happen. It's make the real(good) Wiccan take blame from social.

And about the halloween, there nothing bad about kids wearing Heath's suit or Batman's suit. They was so young and anything make them happen will have a good place in their heart. About 15 or 16 years old guy, they want to insult Heath and wear his clothes? No, I dont think so, they just love him or want to rememer their childhood.

Just try to see all the sides of a thing, man. And have a good Halloween's spirit too.

About 1/3 of every person going out for Halloween is gonna be dressed as the joker. It's gonna be so freaking lame...

I mean, maybe it's just how I am, but it's just such an un-original idea, and people are only doing it cause they'll think that they'll be as cool as Heath Ledger, and that just makes them even more lame.

Plus, that was the guy's last role alive, no one will ever be able to play the part better than he did, so don't even bother. It's just so lame.

Personally, I grew out of Halloween when I was like 14. Now I just lock the glass door and let the little brats that come to my house to watch me feed on the Reeses that they so desperatley want as their parents stare at me with disapproving looks.

It's what the little bastards get for being so selfish and trying to be the freaking joker.

Wow...........that sounds pathetic. Kids are obviously gonna do whats popular. WHen naruto first came to the states every kid was Naruto and Sasuke. When the Incredibles Came out, abunch of kids were either Mr.Incredible or Dash (or the girls were Ms.Incredible) Kids are gonna wanna do whats popular at the moment. And the fact that you sit at your door and taunt kids is pathetic. You dont have anything better to be doing?

Wow...........that sounds pathetic. Kids are obviously gonna do whats popular. WHen naruto first came to the states every kid was Naruto and Sasuke. When the Incredibles Came out, abunch of kids were either Mr.Incredible or Dash (or the girls were Ms.Incredible) Kids are gonna wanna do whats popular at the moment. And the fact that you sit at your door and taunt kids is pathetic. You dont have anything better to be doing?

Sadly I don't think when Halo because peopular there was not a bunch of kids dressed like Master Chief :(

Sadly I don't think when Halo because peopular there was not a bunch of kids dressed like Master Chief :(

I saw alot of Master Chief's down here in virginia but most of them were 16 and over since halo is rated M and most of the families down here are overprotecive sheltering soccer moms.

I saw alot of Master Chief's down here in virginia but most of them were 16 and over since halo is rated M and most of the families down here are overprotecive sheltering soccer moms.

DAMN YOU DAMN YOU TO HELL

Heath Ledger is the best Joker any Batman film's ever seen. I'm not saying that just because he's dead.

But Halloween isn't really a huge thing in the UK, just another excuse for people to go out and get trashed, for the most part.

Yet you don't accuse them of being Satan worshipers now do you?

There really isn't that big a difference, both were killed for their beliefs. Haven't they suffered enough? Who are you to continue spreading discrimination?

-No. Why would I?

-I'm one person. I've never said that I alone should have the ability to spread discrimination. Everyone should be allowed to chose to descriminate against one person or another. I'm sure there are people that discriminate against me. And I'm fine with that.

I think it's okay to say whatever you want about whomever you feel like. Whatever their belief is. It doesn't make the person a bad person if they talk different, or believe in different things, but if it's different from what someone finds normal, they have the right to question it, and wonder what it's about. That's how cultural diffusion works. If you take out discrimination, you take out our individuality. Which leads back to the Joker thing.

I'm just gonna be annoyed to see 1 out of every three people dressed as the Joker, when there are thousands of other ideas that could be used.

It's a fucking joke you dullard! How thick are you?

i was saving up to get a gorilla suit, i finally got the money for it, but then, my mom wouldn't let me buy it, i was sad ;(

See, now that's something I can respect. Cause it's awesome.

+ 70 Cool Points for Nomerac.