New Character Announced!

guardmaster

To be honest, I think Cloud in Smash should have been left as a joke.

After he got in, I just didn't care anymore.

what are you talking about

cloud was never a joke choice, Final Fantasy and Nintendo go way back

Cecil or Terra are more sensible but Cloud is the most iconic.

what are you talking about

cloud was never a joke choice, Final Fantasy and Nintendo go way back

Cecil or Terra are more sensible but Cloud is the most iconic.

Another FF character, yes, but Cloud was never on a Nintendo platform.

Another FF character, yes, but Cloud was never on a Nintendo platform.

Final Fantasy Explorers, Theatrhythm, and Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories. It isn't that bad honestly.

And you say you were done after Cloud, but Corrin and Bayonetta were both pretty sensible even if you don't like Cloud.

Final Fantasy Explorers, Theatrhythm, and Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories. It isn't that bad honestly.

And you say you were done after Cloud, but Corrin and Bayonetta were both pretty sensible even if you don't like Cloud.

I didn't mind Bayonetta. Corrin, even as a FE fan, I think Fire Emblem characters are a bit over-represented at this point, and Corrin was a shameless plug for Fates.

Kamiya is my hero.

I didn't mind Bayonetta. Corrin, even as a FE fan, I think Fire Emblem characters are a bit over-represented at this point, and Corrin was a shameless plug for Fates.

You're not wrong but Corn is so much fun to play as so I don't mind.

I'd personally like a MM-based version of Link, since MM is very different from typical Zelda in its gameplay and what that Link can do.

But such a wish would never happen.

Do you mean Majora's Mask? Isn't Young Link from Melee that?

FE has too many characters yes

But that's Roy and Lucina's problem. Not Corrin's.

If Lucina had been like Raichu or something and Roy had been Young Link, Fire Emblem would have been sitting at a comfortable and justified 4 characters.

also as much as I like Corrin, Elma is still better

If Lucina had been like Raichu or something and Roy had been Young Link, Fire Emblem would have been sitting at a comfortable and justified 4 characters.

They could have made Roy and especially Lucina alternate skins of Marth to be honest.

Is there enough demand for Raichu to be a character in Smash? Even GameFreak seems to ignore him in favor of Pikachu.

Who's Elma?

Do you mean Majora's Mask? Isn't Young Link from Melee that?

The Young Link in Melee was based on Child-Era OoT and was cloned from Link. I meant more a complete Majora's Mask themed version of the Hero of Time, using the mask mechanics from that game to help form his own playstyle. There's so much that can be done with MM, not just a clone.

Tbh I think Roy is a better choice for FE representation than Corrin, since 3DS era had Robin. That way, we've got a character for every console FE has been on (NES/SNES/DS = Marth, GBA = Roy, GCN/Wii = Ike, 3DS = Robin) while still having a comfortable 4 characters.

But that's just my thoughts on it.

The Young Link in Melee was based on Child-Era OoT and was cloned from Link. I meant more a complete Majora's Mask themed version of the Hero of Time, using the mask mechanics from that game to help form his own playstyle. There's so much that can be done with MM, not just a clone.Tbh I think Roy is a better choice for FE representation than Corrin, since 3DS era had Robin. That way, we've got a character for every console FE has been on (NES/SNES/DS = Marth, GBA = Roy, GCN/Wii = Ike, 3DS = Robin) while still having a comfortable 4 characters.But that's just my thoughts on it.

Roy is also Backhanded Marth flavored ice cream so pick your poison

@Rezzy - no one actually wants Raichu but I couldn't think of any other complete clones.

Wait, actually Alph instead. Pikmin pretty much got cheated.

Elma is the protagonist of Xenoblade X.

Roy is also Backhanded Marth flavored ice cream so pick your poison

@Rezzy - no one actually wants Raichu but I couldn't think of any other complete clones.

Wait, actually Alph instead. Pikmin pretty much got cheated.

Elma is the protagonist of Xenoblade X.

I'll take Roy for more accurate celebration of series history, thank you.

I was just stating my reasoning for personally thinking Roy is the better choice, is all.

The Young Link in Melee was based on Child-Era OoT and was cloned from Link. I meant more a complete Majora's Mask themed version of the Hero of Time, using the mask mechanics from that game to help form his own playstyle. There's so much that can be done with MM, not just a clone.But that's just my thoughts on it.

MM Young Link being able to change from Zora/Goron/Deku/Hylian with Down-B like the Pokemon Trainer, amirite?

Sucks that 3DS would burst into flames while trying to process that, since they got rid of transformations :/