Random Filler Mafia The First - Game Over

Grace

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still at work, I remembered Yolo made a strong post about pushing inactives which in hindsight could mean his buddy is active thoughts?

That was pretty early on in d1 before people really started getting on Miche's case for being inactive, so I wouldn't say that

honestly i think taking Night results with a grain of salt is the best course of action. theres a ridiculous amount of possibilities for roles and im sure every role here is checked by something else. with that being said, i dont think a random player drops a cop claim just to lynch me unless hes a lyncher, so ill keep him as notmafia!arandomplayer. gaius claiming a voyeur result also makes sense AS a voyeur, and im much more inclined to believe that he IS a voyeur, so ill keep em as a pretty firm town read.

Trump's response to Arctic is pretty loaded imo. He could also stand to be a bit kinder but that's not really relevant to the game...

Basically you're saying "yeah, I don't have a problem with these three refutations you made, but they don't actually make you not-scum." But it's worded in such way as if to discourage AF from replying, which is bad given how you were just encouraging more people to post given how inactives will screw us with this setup's numbers.

What? AF isn't even voting you. This is just trying to intimidate AF from casing you, probably from refuting what you're saying as well.

What you're actually saying is "You should be voting me instead of Gaius, except if you actually vote me then the joke's on you because I just predicted you'd OMGUS."

Your deconstruction of AF isn't bad but it's set up in such an oppressive way that if she's actually town, you're doing nothing but digging your own grave and not letting her help you out of it.

legit forgot to even respond to this

i mean the thing is the refutations she made DID have zero relevance as to why she isnt scum. and her post that i responded to was omgus. it isnt only omgus when somebody votes you. "It seems to me that you're trying to push for an easy lynch." "Mr. Trump, I'd like to ask you for one thing. Read your post this time, and try to point out one thing you didn't make up on the spot. Actually, I'll just point out the things that are flat-out wrong and save you the trouble." are those phrases NOT indicative of somebody responding to a scum read with a scum read on the person? wrt the tone thing, i mean all i can say was that i was being crass cuz i was tryna make a point. the not responding thing... nah. idk what to tell you, but my intention with that post was to have her acknowledge the point of my case if shes going to acknowledge it at all. not fuckin gender, post quantity and the fuckin bare bones question of why i think a random vote is better than "trying to actually get somewhere."

honestly i think taking Night results with a grain of salt is the best course of action. theres a ridiculous amount of possibilities for roles and im sure every role here is checked by something else. with that being said, i dont think a random player drops a cop claim just to lynch me unless hes a lyncher, so ill keep him as notmafia!arandomplayer. gaius claiming a voyeur result also makes sense AS a voyeur, and im much more inclined to believe that he IS a voyeur, so ill keep em as a pretty firm town read.

nothing "checks" voyeur as far as i'm aware. scum could lawyer a townie, but... the odds of successfully faking a guilty are low on night 1, and it's more logical to try and save a buddy with lawyer, because a guilty will put the spotlight on a slot for the rest of the game. it's most likely yolo is just scum and scum had him bus because they knew they could make him a functional godfather.

why pursue a lyncher lynch a over mafia lynch? especially given that insane cop is a possibility.

a busser can check a voyeur, or any sort of redirector.

@Mod: are players informed if they're redirected?

if so, we know the results are legit. if not, then the nurse should claim if they didn't intend to target yolo last night. if they did intend to target him then I can't think of any way the results could be messed up.

i never said i was going after arp, i just am fine with saying hes town-or-indy

well, your vote's still on him, so...

hi

When I saw that there was a need for a sub, I was mortified. I saw it a little late and was afraid that I might have missed the deadline.

I can't find any associative reads from Michelaar.

The deal with the Voyeur/Lawyer/Roleblocker/Cop is pretty interesting. The chance of everyone involved telling the truth is pretty small. If everyone is actually town in that scenario, then Random is probably an Insane Cop.

This game has lyncher on the set list, but I doubt there is one. I say that because of the fact that anyone can make a claim that would potentially vilify another player and then would lead to a lynch. The only person who could possibly be in that position is A Random Player, but there'd probably be a few more inconsistancies

I like GP and Gaius's posts a lot. They remind me of how they played in AAM.

This game has lyncher on the set list, but I doubt there is one. I say that because of the fact that anyone can make a claim that would potentially vilify another player and then would lead to a lynch. The only person who could possibly be in that position is A Random Player, but there'd probably be a few more inconsistancies

i can't tell how you got from point A to point B in your thought process here so i'm just gonna assume you're softclaiming indie and call it a day

i can't tell how you got from point A to point B in your thought process here so i'm just gonna assume you're softclaiming indie and call it a day

Basically, Player A is a Lyncher and on D2, they immediately claim that their target, Player B, was actually Mafia in some way.

Unless someone else counterclaims, the chance of that player being caught is pretty low.

They steer the lynch, and then they win.

does that mean that if theres a driver people are made aware that they're being bussed? idk but aside from possibly a driver i cant imagine that result not being reliable.

is there maybe a scum role that acts the same as voyeur? i just wanna check every base before we go ahead with lynching yolo. i DONT think a lawyer targets anybody that isnt his partner/themselves.

i mean, why not? hypothetically, gaius and his lawyer mate could have set it up so that the lawyer DID target a town!yolo and gaius looked out for yolo, and saw the lawyer go to em. that way, they get the lynch, giaus has an alibi, and they get off scot free.

that being said, occam's razor says gaius' claim is legit.

There aren't any direct cop cc's so I'm more inclined to believe that if ARP is telling the truth that he's sane, still no guarantees though.

12. Mafia are provided X+1 roles not in the setup as safeclaims, where X is the number of mafia

This rule means that mafia can safely claim any roles provided on their list without being counter-claimed. The fact that nobody cc'ed me or Gaius would mean that we're most likely either the real deal or mafia. The third option would be a lucky third-party (such as lyncher) but the possibility of that is smaller than the previous two.

i am not mafia

##vote random player

did you specifically get a result of mafia?

yes

Looking at the voyeur, roleblock claim, I'm inclined to think that the claim is genuine to a certain degree, meaning that Gaius is either voyeur or lookout. I'm kind of leaning to the claim being real though, since a Lookout!Gaius making a gambit like this will look bad when YOLO flips town. That is unless donald has a very useful role and they don't want him lynched.

I'd vote for yolo, but I don't want to accidentally hammer. So, can we have votals?