I think we may not be getting the Hoshidan/Nohrian Bonds DLC

Captain Karnage

Since you mentioned DLC sales, I also had a sneaking (but completely unfounded) suspicion that it sold worse than Awakening's as well. I figure most people spent their money on or were burned out from buying the other story paths.

I've been thinking the same. I've heard quite a few people say that they just felt done with the game after having played through three different paths in a row. Couple that with the full game costing more than Awakening and that you don't use your own units for a lot of the maps and you've got yourself reduced interest in contnuing to play.

I also believe the lack of interest in the second generation characters in general has contributed to a disinterest in the DLC, but that's even more unfounded speculation.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I don't think we're getting them either. I felt the negativity towards this game was high to the point I can't blame Nintendo for not wanting to bother.

I'd love to be proven wrong, as I really want to play the maps, but damn, I don't see it.

I wanna think its just a delay, but yeah i dont blame anyone for having this mindset. The vitriol for this game feels ubiquitous despite it possibly being a minority. Its just SO GODDAMN LOUD, it drowns out the praise. If Nintendo is hearing this.... :(

I'll just add that earlier today it was announced that Animal Crossing: New Leaf will be getting new content and DLC. This game is from 2012, so if a game 4 years old is getting an update, then i don't think Nintendo will give up on a game that came out 7 months ago.

Hun, Animal Crossing is more popular than it ever has been right now. Happy Home Designer helped further more New Leaf sales. Hell, people are picking up New Leaf for the very first time all the time. My friend just got her copy a month ago. New Leaf and HHD getting new content and DLC does NOT surprise me in the least given how New Leaf operates. Its actually not a death knell for Fates DLC or even that much of an indicator of a shift in priority. HHD amiibo cards are still selling like hotcakes, mang. And i seem to have misread your last sentence. Apologies. But yeah, i think because of how Awakening's DLC was handled, people spell doom and gloom cuz we arent getting Fates' right away.

I don't know any Nintendo bigwigs, but Nintendo definitely are aware of the situation and far more than fans. Simply because it literally is their business.

You have to keep in mind that the video game industry is very volatile. It's not just Nintendo that's experiencing lower sales over the years, but pretty much every other video game company as well. There are many reasons for that, such as consumers shifting away from dedicated gaming consoles and towards mobile and social gaming, etc.

It's why many companies these days are jumping on the mobile bandwagon and why Nintendo, despite being a very traditional video game company eventually made the plunge, developing their own mobile tiles and outsourcing Pokemon Go.

It's totally reasonable to comment about or ague about Nintendo's potential failings, but to pretend you know more about the industry than Nintendo seems a bit... strange, if you ask me. Unless you're an industry analyst or something similar ^^

I think a lot of disdain comes from the difference between what Nintendo want and what fans want. Obviously the two will mix sometimes, but since Nintendo is a business at the end of the day, there are going to be many occasions where they will operate differently than what fans expect.

Cheers for this post. Pet peeve of mine is when people cry Nintendo's demise because of a drop in sales. Nintendo is basically the Disney of video games, its not going anywhere.

Im really in no rush for the DLC, but i think it would be cool to have. So i hold out for it to show up eventually.

Edited by Loki Laufeyson

I don't think you can infer that Fates DLC sold poorly from the lack of talk from Nintendo. Awakening's DLC was mentioned because it was first major title from Nintendo to have paid DLC, talking about it was a proof of concept that justified Nintendo adopting paid DLC. Come to Fates and it's all old hat now, so there's no real point in talking about it compared to any other game.

I send a question about the DLC's after the Nintendo Direct, but I only got this response

RpUDl8s.png

So, they are not sure of what is next for Fates. Maybe the "proper departments" is Treehouse office? What if we send messages to Treehouse, requesting for the release of the DLC? They localised the game, right? Maybe they could do something if we show our interest in these DLC's

I send a question about the DLC's after the Nintendo Direct, but I only got this response

RpUDl8s.png

So, they are not sure of what is next for Fates. Maybe the "proper departments" is Treehouse office? What if we send messages to Treehouse, requesting for the release of the DLC? They localised the game, right? Maybe they could do something if we show our interest in these DLC's

Either that person doesnt know the answer to that question, or theres nothing indicating we are getting those maps. I learned the lesson that these people's roundabout answers can be taken seriously what with the whole skinship and dual audio debacles earlier this year.

Either that person doesnt know the answer to that question, or theres nothing indicating we are getting those maps. I learned the lesson that these people's roundabout answers can be taken seriously what with the whole skinship and dual audio debacles earlier this year.

Yeah I though the first option too after I got the message, and then I starting thinking in that maybe the ones knowing the answer is the Treehouse team. At least I want to believe that showing interest in the DLC can help in some way :XD:

Thanks for trying, but that just looks like a generic "we can't tell you anything" roundabout answer. So even if there were developing it or weren't, they wouldn't be able to tell you.

On the plus side, hopefully they do forward the message so the localisers know we care ^^

I have a feeling these two dlc's are the only ones they release in America and Europe at the same time, and since there's so much dialogue to translate into 8+ languages, I'm waiting until December before going "Well thats never happening"