Hello everyone!

Tactician_Iris

Greetings fellow dwellers of Serene's Forest, I'm Tactician_Iris, a lass in her 20's from Sweden, and I was (technically) introduced to the Fire Emblem series in 2002 via Super Smash Bros. Melee.

Since then I remained curious about the Fire Emblem series as a whole, and I finally took the plunge with Awakening two years ago, had a blast playing it, and found myself lurking these forums from time to time.

Fast forward until present, and Fates has found itself a place in my gaming library.

And so I wound up here on these forums, and this time I decided I'd sign up.

Once I'm a bit more confident that I can strategically dodge permadeath, I do plan on trying the older FE games. In other words, I'm going to have quite a backlog to catch up on aren't I? ;)

Besides pouring my time on Fire Emblem, I also whittle away hours on playing (mainly) Zelda, Final Fantasy, Pokémon, and Heroes of Might and Magic.

And when I'm not gaming, I'm probably drawing, painting, sewing, or crocheting away the rest of my freetime.

Well, that's about it as far as introducing myself goes I guess, lest I ramble on too much :P

Hey! Welcome to the party, and i've played those other games, nice to see someone else into Heroes of Might & Magic, although I haven't played them in yeaaaaars.

Once I'm a bit more confident that I can strategically dodge permadeath, I do plan on trying the older FE games. In other words, I'm going to have quite a backlog to catch up on aren't I? ;)

I'm sure you'll be fine.

Besides pouring my time on Fire Emblem, I also whittle away hours on playing (mainly) Zelda, Final Fantasy, Pokémon, and Heroes of Might and Magic

I welcome any Final Fantasy and FE fan with open arms.

(But I would have still welcomed you regardless c:)

And when I'm not gaming, I'm probably drawing, painting, sewing, or crocheting away the rest of my freetime.

Well, that's about it as far as introducing myself goes I guess, lest I ramble on too much :P

I quite enjoyed your rambling, good to have you around c;

Make some friends, post around, and have fun!

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone! :D:
(I worked a night shift today so, sorry for the super late and long response)

Hey! Welcome to the party, and i've played those other games, nice to see someone else into Heroes of Might & Magic, although I haven't played them in yeaaaaars.

Wohoo Partytime!~
Haha, I pretty much played the third, fourth and fifth Heroes games for a good chunk of my teens, and I still make a habit of replaying the campaigns every now and then.
Plus, just as much as I had fun playing back then, I had fun creating Campaign maps for the fourth game. I'm still salty I lost those maps when a PC died

Hello and welcome to the Forests!
So you went from awesome game to awesome game, then! Which Fate game are you playing? (or do you have'em all?)
Hope you have a great time here! :^_^:

I have all three paths. :)

I started with Conquest, and once I reached chapter 12 on that path, I decided that playing Birtright in semi-paralell with the Conquest path would be a fun/good idea.
Because:

one fratricide won't painful enough to endure./jk

My thoughts so far (storywise I'm at Conquest's chapter 25, and Birthright's chapter 24) is that both paths are good, but I'm more biased towards Conquest because of it's cast and the missions being more fun due to their varied objectives. Are there holes in the plot? Sure, but they don't bother me honestly. Nothing an applied patch of headcanon can't fix, and I've played plenty games where I've done that in the past (and honestly I've seen far worse plot holes so meh).

Right now I'm taking a break from the story though since I'm at the point in the game where I'm grinding supports, and at the time of this writing, I only have the Birthright supports left. At the same time I'm unlocking supports, I'm also grabbing the skills I want for the parent generation.

Ftr, I ultimately pair my units up based on which supports I like best, not that I don't consider stats and skills, it's just that the supports weigh more heavily when I ultimately take my pick, as such, I grind up the conversations and then choose.

Plus, since I'll be playing Revelations after I finish both Conquest and Birthright, my idea is that I'll pick differently for each route, with Revelations basically ending up as "My OTPs land", while the other two paths end up with the "Hmm these are also interesting" picks.

I'm sure you'll be fine.

I need to get cracking on the older FE games then ;):
In all seriousness though, I plan on picking up at least one VC version of an older FE this autumn/winter, I just haven't decided on which one yet.
Pfft, who am I kidding, I know I'll end up playing (at least) all the available VC titles at some point, but I've got to start somewhere. :P

I welcome any Final Fantasy and FE fan with open arms.
(But I would have still welcomed you regardless c:)

Yay, a fellow Final Fantasy fan!
Installment XII, VI, and IX are my favourite three games in that series, (and I have a very soft spot for V) though I like them all truly. :)
(I have played FF from IV-XII and most of their spinoff titles, I have the PS1 versions of FF I and II as well, but I haven't played either of them)

I quite enjoyed your rambling, good to have you around c;

Make some friends, post around, and have fun!

Haha..good to know, because once I start rambling I have a tendancy to keep going!
Which you've probably noticed with this post
Well, making friends, posting around, having fun, that's precisely what I plan to do here so yay! :D

Hello and welcome to the forums, hey hey a fellow zelda fan, favourite zelda game?

I'm going with a somewhat common answer to this question: Ocarina of Time, because I'll never tire of the overworld/dungeon balance in Ocarina, wether it's the original or the Master Quest version.

That said, Ocarina of Time is followed very closely by A Link to the Past (my first Zelda game), Majora's Mask, and then Twilight Princess in that order of preference.
(Of all the Zelda games there's only one I haven't finished, Adventure of Link)

Oh, and now I see your sig ...with a quote from another game series I've plunged hours into!

My fav from that game was the one who coined this line: "The measure of an individual can be difficult to determine by actions alone. Take you, for instance. All this destruction, chaos. I was curious to see how far you would go to find me. Well, here I am."

Ocarina of Time is a fair enough answer although indeed common, I have to personally go for Twilight Princess, just the atmosphere, the music and the combat just feel great to me.

Your quote for that character made me have to really dig deep into my knowledge, but I got there eventually and he is indeed a very good character.