Is it possible to solo the entire first generation of FE4 with Sigurd?

OliKad

Actually, you can just use the Berserk Sword to berserk the Hel Mage near Julius' Castle in the final chapter as usual.

Alvis will be tough though. I do not remember if Celice is capable of beating him head-on, even with the Tyrfing.

Edit: nvm Celice would probably just kill the mage. I don't actually know how you'd kill Julius then.

Edited by Yojinbo

Alvis will be tough though. I do not remember if Celice is capable of beating him head-on, even with the Tyrfing.

Eh? I had Ares and Seliph take him down in C10 in my last run without much trouble. Even had Seliph get the kill with Sigurd's Silver Sword for poetic justice. A Res and Str Capped Seliph with the Tyrfing and Res Ring should take 27 Damage per round and deal 40 back if he doubles (not hard vs 15 AS Alvis).

Julius seems like he'd be impossible to solo though, you'd need Ares (or at least a Healer) in order to cancel out the throne regeneration via constantly fighting him. Actually Ares will get merked by Wrath so I guess you need Healers and a Dancer.

Edited by Irysa

I always use Power Ring!Aless to deal with Alvis and I rarely ever pick up the Tyrfing so I wouldn't know. A maxed str Aless with a power ring and the mistoltin brings Alvis down to 4 HP if he procs Continue on both of his sword swings so I usually just do that.

Seliph can 1v1 Julius as long as someone heals him. Julius prioritizes attacking Seliph up close if he's standing at the gate, so he'll get attacks in on both phases. I believe he does 5 or 10 net damage per turn this way as long as he connects his hits, but those numbers come from memory.

Seliph can 1v1 Julius as long as someone heals him. Julius prioritizes attacking Seliph up close if he's standing at the gate, so he'll get attacks in on both phases. I believe he does 5 or 10 net damage per turn this way as long as he connects his hits, but those numbers come from memory.

With a strength ring and maxed strength with the Tyrfing he does 5 damage to Julius, and it's highly likely he will double attack (Julius has I think 15 AS), so 10 damage per round. Julius heals for 15 each turn so assuming he hits every attack he will be dealing a total of 5 damage each turn. Then there is the issue of dodging Julius' attack since Seliph can only survive 3 of them on average (With Tyrfing obviously). So basically pray to the RNG gods. Tyrfing does give prayer though so you might be able to do something cheesy with a life ring, but it would still require a bit of RNG.

As mentioned, there is the berserk strat. The dark bishop has a 33% chance of hitting Julius if I recall right and because this is pre-GBA it's an actual 33% chance.

So basically, I can't really solo the game with Celice without a healer? I'm at the start of Chapter 7, so it's not too late to grind. ;)

Like I said, if you can Berserk the Hel Mage next to Julius Castle without killing him then it can work.

Though I still don't know if you can actually beat Alvis like that. Also, make sure you have a Leg Ring equipped in Ch.9 to dodge Arion.

Seliph with two Power Rings (yes, there are two) has 65 atk, halved to 32. Julius has 25 def, so you can actually do 14 damage per round of combat. This is actually quite a bit better than one power ring, as your damage per turn goes up to 13.

Yurius has 55 attack, and Seliph with capped res and tyrfing has 38 res, so you take 17 damage per round. With the Life ring, that comes out to net 24 damage per turn, which means you can survive up to four turns, assuming Julius hits every shot.

So, in short, you will need to rely on some crits (a crit does 39 damage so that increases things by a lot) and/or Julius missing a few things if you want to do this without a healer. The issue with the Berserk Sword attempt is that it's actually very difficult to keep that mage from dying to Seliph if his stats are actually high enough to fight the rest of the map

E:

on the subject of Reptor, he does more damage but actually only has 21 defense to pierce through (and no stupid Loptous effect) so you can pretty much obliterate him immediately if you're clever (60 atk - 21 def = 39x2 damage out of 75 hp)

Edited by CT075

can the hel bishop actually survive seliph attacking him with the zerk sword? i suppose if you tune his skill perfectly so that you can miss one shot it might work but then i question how you were clearing the rest of the game

also i thought someone just said that endgame julius doesn't have nihil? if he does after all then rip better rig misses

E:

i suppose it's worth mentioning that all of these numbers are eyeballed or from memory, hence why i'm not sure whether the hel bishop can survive seliph or not

E2:

Okay so I seriously underestimated the warlords. Hel Bishop has 80 HP/23 Def and Seliph has 43 attack at best with the Berserk Sword. So yeah, berserking the Hel bishop isn't that bad.

Edited by CT075

"So, in short, you will need to rely on some crits"

"Seliph with two Power Rings"

Found the FE4 expert.

You can always try to get Julius to activate Charge/Accost so Seliph attacks him four times in one turn.

can the hel bishop actually survive seliph attacking him with the zerk sword? i suppose if you tune his skill perfectly so that you can miss one shot it might work but then i question how you were clearing the rest of the game

I don't actually know how FE4 works in that regard but wouldn't it be possible to attack the Hel dude with a 'Zerk Sword that has only one usage left, then it breaks and makes it easy for him to survive the second Sword swing? That's something that I believe should work but I'm not positive. Sounds like something Horace might know.

All the other enemy units would have to be dead or out of Celice's reach by that point though or he'll get pwned.

You know what? I don't I'll even attempt to do the run. With everything that has been clarified for me (no healers, no charisma support, Hel bishops, Pegasus Trio, etc.) I think it's actually not worth it anymore.

Yes, Celice is technically more powerful than his father, but Gen 2 as a whole has more enemies that are just much stronger, while not forgetting Alvis and Julius.

I'm sorry for those who kinda wanted it, but I give up. :(

However, as for the bottom-line: Sigurd is awesome!

Shanan can easily one round pretty much everything in gen 2 with Balmung, the only exceptions being Brian and Julius, and Brian is skippable. And because Balmung gives him hella avoid, he can easily dodgetank his way through the game.

Shanan can easily one round pretty much everything in gen 2 with Balmung, the only exceptions being Brian and Julius, and Brian is skippable. And because Balmung gives him hella avoid, he can easily dodgetank his way through the game.

Yeah, I've heard of that...

Hmm... you know... maybe I'll attempt to do the 2nd gen with both of them, or only Shanan... maybe...

Yeah, I've heard of that...

Hmm... you know... maybe I'll attempt to do the 2nd gen with both of them, or only Shanan... maybe...

Only Shanan would be a bit tough because you need Seliph to seize castles and would have to keep him away from enemies. I think pseudo solo where you use both but mostly Shanan would be easier.

I think Lewyn!Ced could also potentially solo most of FE4 gen 2 with ease at base with his holy weapon, but I've never done the math so I'm not entirely sure. He does have both Shanan-tier crazy avoid AND 1-2 range though.