Opinions on that DLC chapter

Ebony

Yeah, with the people discussing characters, I wondered... what do people think of the DLC as its own? Fun? A challenge?

I'll be going down the map list daily, and if it's comprised of 3 chapters (ie the Future Past) then I'll push them as one bulk rather then the Future Past 1, Future Past 2, ect.

Anyway, without further adeu:

Champions of Yore

First of the DLC maps I believe. Gets you the units of Marth, Roy, and Micaiah, and all Stats +2. Opinions?

I really liked this DLC because of the characters.

I can see why some people dislike Micaiah's artwork in Awakening, but I like the style.

Edit: Marth looked alright to me, and Roy is super cute.

Edited by ♯Jin

I haven't played this one yet, since I don't care about Einherjars or All Stats +2. I'll probably buy it after the pack with Death's Embrace, but before Apotheosis.

As for the Einherjars...

I do like Mercenary!Roy. It's a nice look that meshed really well with his original to make his Sm4sh look.

I have no connections to Micaiah yet, as I'm still on PoR. No judgements there.

Marth looks really feminine in that portrait. Fit's more with Smash's Marth than FE's Marth.

It's alright. I don't really feel all that strongly about it one way or the other. It's sorta neat seeing the very first map in all of Fire Emblem done up in 3DSFE style, though, and the DLC characters are kinda cool, especially with Marth's portrait matching his model and Micaiah getting Shadowgift.

Truthfully, I haven't really used All Stats +2 very much, but it's a nice boost for whoever you give it to, especially early on.

Edited by Topaz Light

Sorry, forgot to update.

I'm half tempted to skip the grinding DLC/save it for last in general since it doesn't have much, so instead I'll go to...

Lost Bloodlines

Jugdral all around. Gets you Leif, Alm, a Dread Scroll, Seliph, and the Paragon skillbook.

Personally my favorite of these type of DLCs due to introducing Dread Fighter again and letting me get one of my favorite Lords.

I thought it was overpriced

$6 for the same map 3 times over really buggs me

There were no such things as map packs for Japan.

And you were REQUIRED to buy them in order for the first DLC.

So my wallet hurt more than yours.

As for Lost Bloodlines... it has Paragon, Dread Fighter and the end all grinding map.

This map pack has the most value for those kinds of people that wanted both genders of Mark/Mark/Morgan to have all skills.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Champions of Yore

Micaiah gets Shadowgift which is nice. Flying Nosferatu!
Her boobs look really strange though.
Roy's art is nice I guess

Don't really care otherwise.

I agree with Glace

Lost Bloodlines:

The second and third map has great skills, Personally I think the third map is fun to play (as one of the best places to grind experience)

Seliph gets Galeforce which is great

Paragon is immensely useful

Dread Scroll gives a pretty good class.

All three card artworks are nice, though I'm especially fond of Seliph's.

Overall, pretty good rewards. Like the choice of reusing a section of Birth of the Holy Knight too.

Lost Bloodlines is wiggy. Its probably the one i use the most out of the Golden pack. Dread Fighter and Paragon are things i use a lot, so yes. This pack is just really great. I dont play LB1 though lmao.

Lost Bloodlines

Paragon = Good

Dread Fighter = Good

Einherjar = Why does Leaf look so good as a Trickster it makes no sense

As a side note, these got really late game-y. The first ones are early-mid-game, but these are like early-late-game. Feels a bit odd.

Shame it's so late game, Paragon and Dread Fighter could've been really cool to use in a playthrough.

Edited by TrueEm

Smash Brethren

Elincia looks really weird.

Eirika, while not looking bad at all, feels weird as a Bride.

Lyn looks amazing. This is why I lowkey want a FE7 Remake.

Bride class is cool. Multipurpose, has my favorite weapon combination, plus staves. Plus the skills are great.

Not to mention the animations are nice, and it overall looks pretty.

Oh, and Iote's Shield is cool too.

Edited by TrueEm

Gonna skip Champions of Yore since I didn't buy it or even see gameplay of it.

Lost Bloodlines

So far, a favorite pack of mine among the Awakening DLC packs. Obviously, you get some fantastic items. The map battles are fun and interesting; definitely call back to the Judgral games. And yes, Lief looks pretty damn good as an einherjar trickster in the artwork.

Smash Brethren Melee

The... interesting name aside, this is a fine map pack. I like the rewards you get, though it is strange that Eirika gets the bride class first, since she, from my memory, never used lances, staves, or bows. Lyn and Eirika look nice, and it's fun talking to Lyn after you beat her.

Bride is a really good support class, though giving it to Eirika doesn't make much sense since she was swordlocked in FE8.

Iote's shield is... okay? Certainly not as good as the Fates counterpart. I personally preferred Bowbreaker.

I never really used the Lyn Einherjar, got some use out of Elincia though.

Owain's conversation with Mist in the second map was great.

Also I really like poofy dresses.

... Well I haven't kept up with this. Sorry. I've been busy...

... -hides Fire Emblem Fates- with college...

Nah but college has been keeping me from posting much, so I'll go ahead and continue.

Rogues and Redeemers

Rewards: Ephraim, Celica, Ike, and Limit Breaker

Rogues and Redeemers

Ephraim looks great.

Celica looks great.

Ike looks weird imo. The proportions seema little... off.

And, of course, Limit Breaker is broken (get it?) as all hell.

It's kinda annoying to Farm but there's a Sorcerer Robin set-up that works really well.

This should have been the basis of the second half of the game, not the Walhart and setting right what once went wrong stuff. It has an incredibly bleak atmosphere for most of it and provides quite a bit of insight on the kids.

Way better than main game/10.