Super Mario Run

Alex95

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/09/07/super-mario-run-coming-to-ios

Yep, this is a thing now. Contains three modes: Play pre-made courses, play other user courses, and create courses. Game will not be free to play (bummer) and will be released during the Holiday season. Ecentially, iPhone Mario Maker... to go with the new 3DS version.

We're already working on this over on the wiki.

Thoughts?

Edited by Power Master

The game doesn't really seem all that appealing, and considering I usually don't buy into mobile games, this not-so-endless runner won't be the first. That said, I don't actively hate it or anything, I just sorta don't care.

What bothered me more was that this was announced before we got any proper details about FE mobile, but apparently that and AC mobile are being pushed back to 2017, so I guess it's okay.

The amount of melodrama and doom-and-gloom people are drumming up about this is equal parts cringey and laughable as always.

So what?

are people really acting like that?

is it because it's not on android or something? because aside from that this just seems like the usual "throw a well known character into a typical mobile game" type of game

is it because it's not on android or something? because aside from that this just seems like the usual "throw a well known character into a typical mobile game" type of game

I think it's more so the whole "Nintendo's dead, they're going mobile!" thing, or whatever. Even though that argument makes no sense.

Although I have seen someone complaining about that fact that Nintendo fans will buy this because they'll buy anything as long as it has Mario in the title.

So this like that Rayman Mobile game... well at least that mean it will be better then most infinte runners... personally I already have too many mobile games I never beat so I stop buying them... So yeah not interested.

Edited by Locke087

People are also acting like they're "betraying fans" and "lowering their standards of quality".

Comments section of this article: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/09/nintendo_appears_at_apple_conference_to_announce_super_mario_run

I'm CrazedCavalier in that mess.

It's amusing seeing the lot of peep acting as if it were NINTENDOcalypse. Hopefully, Nintendo is not leaving the console market so they're just doing extra projects with mobile apps.

Think of it, it's the minimum thing Nintendo has to do if it wants to appeal nowaday needs and customers.

Take the example of people that aren't gamers and are not willing to spend 199 or whatever the Wii U costs; they're basically losing money and customers. With a cheap app of 0.99 or 1.99 or whatever its price will be, a customer is more likely to, at least, "take a look at it", so they buy it and experience it. If they like it and like the gaming world, then chances are they might want to get a 3DS and enrich their gaming experience, else they might say 'screw it'. But in the end, Nintendo will, in worst case scenario, win the App's price. In a non-app scenario they're still losing money. Now multiply the benefits of it with the bunch of ppl that will buy it.

I'm not saying it is the business move of the year or the likes, neither that Super Mario Run will be the app of the year or a huge success, just that it will, most likely, benefit them, and the lot of iOS users.

It's amusing seeing the lot of peep acting as if it were NINTENDOcalypse. Hopefully, Nintendo is not leaving the console market so they're just doing extra projects with mobile apps.

Of course they're not leaving the console market. It's confirmed they have the NX to reveal yet.

People bring the drama whenever Nintendo does... well, ANYTHING. This isn't even the worst one.