{Personality} Best and Worst Father/Mother for both Kana

WinterOkami

Excluding the fact that they all abandoned him/her in the Deeprealms making them the worst dad/mom

Greetings,

so today I thought I'd ask you who do you think is the best parent for each Kana going by their personalities, their activities*and all of these things that make a good parent and a bad parent.

I am conflicted a little to my choice as I think have a bit too less infos from the Supports and the character description however I am very curious to see what you'd have to say on this point.

In your opinion who is the best and the worst father/mother for both Kana {Excluding Corrin of course}

Camilla is arguably the worst parent for anyone, since she's an unstable, selfish woman who projects all of her problems onto others, and she's desperate to feel appreciated, so she coddles and patronizes people and want them to become dependent on her. That's part of what makes her such an appalling character. She'd stunt any child's growth.

Mozu would probably be one of the better mothers. She's a normal, kind and hardworking girl who, while affected by the past, doesn't let it weigh her down too much.

Edited by Thane

Best/Worst Mother

The best mother would be Mozu, for the reasons Thane presented. The worst mother would be Camilla, for the reasons Thane presented.

Oboro seems like a good candidate as a mother as well. Despite her hate of all things Nohr, she seems to be a pretty functional individual. She might have the urge to constantly chase people around to forcibly change their wardrobe, but hey, people have done worse.

Best/Worst Father

Jakob would be the worst dad, considering how he treats Dwyer. He is competitive towards Kana as well, but not to the same extent. He obviously loves his children, but his actions towards others—and even the children themselves—makes it hard to choose him as a first candidate.

I don't know about the best fathers, but I would likely choose for myself either Kaze or Shura. Kaze is pretty normal, despite being a ninja. He's polite and congenial. Shura for similar reasons, if one can get past that guilt he has towards himself.

I really wanted to chose Hinata, but he seems a bit too oblivious and immature to father a kid (ignore Hisame). He has his moments of clarity, but he might be a bit too flaky when it comes to fathering.

Edited by SaiSymbolic

Mother: I choose Azura as a bad mother. She's too aloof to be watchful as a mother should be. Luckily, Shigure being artsy seems to reflect that she couldn't have raised a child any differently.

Effie is the Mother bear type of mom. Other than overfeeding her kids (probably), she would almost be like Benny, except as a mom.

Fathers: Leo is really pushing it. Elise looked like she was about to hit him when Leo blasted Forrest on his wardrobe. Such harshness is a little warranted at a kid Kana's age, but not Kana himself.

Arthur could be a hapless, sitcom dad that plays the good cop to Corrin's bad cop, with the applicable sitcom slapstick gags.

The worst mother would for Kana or anyone else would probably be Peri. I doubt she's be a good mother with her being insane and very quick to go for the stabbing. At least Kana's lucky that she probably isn't a maid.

Best mom would probably be Oboro. She's nice and pretty normal compared to most characters. Other candidates might be Mozu or Kagero.

The worst dad award would probably go to Jacob thanks to him being very competetive to Dwyer. Ryoma might take second place since he doesn't seem very good at raising kids. His heart was in the right place with Shiro, but he could have handled things better.

I'm not too sure on who I would call the best dad. Shiro seems to know how to handle being around kids, but its mostly in a big bro kind of way. Arthur is very doting, but his luck would probably make things dangerous. Xander perhaps? He seems to be a good dad to Siegbert, despite accidently giving him self esteem issue's.

Izana could go either way. He's very doting and he'd probably spoil his kids, but he could also spoil them rotten.

Edited by Sasori

Worst mother is probably Peri tbh. Considering her complete and lack of understanding about societal norms and codes of ethics, it's pretty hard to think of her as a good parent.

Worst father is probably Ryoma tbh. He's not bad, just... Overbearing. Jakob would be worse if the end of his support chain with Dwyer didn't have him accepting his own faults as well. Dwyer at least never got pushed as far as Shiro did in his supports (even if they come to an understanding). No... The mother of Dwyer actually seems to do the same problem that Ryoma had/has.

How would Caeldori be as a mom?

I'd say she'd be so-so. She'd probably do too much for her child and stunt their growth. Other than that, I think she'd be okay. She doesn't have any real nasty quirks and has considerably less of an ego than her father.
Edited by Augestein

Worst Moms: Camilla, Peri, and Rhajat, basically the ones with twisted mindsets and issues. Camilla's too smothering and obsessive, Peri's got no grasp of morals, and Rhajat's too stalker-ish and obsessive. I can't see any of them raising Kana in a good way.

Worst Dads: Jakob and Ryoma. Jakob is still competitive to Kana, has parental favoritism issues, and doesn't do a good job at being a good father. Ryoma, in his defense, understands he messed up, but he still seems to have a poor idea of what to do despite his good intentions.

Best Moms: Mozu, Azura, and Oboro. Mozu, as everyone else has said, is a well-adjusted individual with no obvious flaws; Azura, despite her aloofness to most people, is pretty invested in spending time with her family and even worries about whether she's raising Kana right (Child Scramble), a sign she truly loves them and wants to do right; Oboro also has some problems, but she manages them quite well, has a healthy range of interests, and is a kind and moral individual.

Best Dads: Kaze and Benny are, like Mozu, well-adjusted and normal guys with sterling morals. Both are big sweethearts, protective, and basically top father material.

Worst Moms: Peri, Camilla, Rhajat and Azura (the fact that she would even agree to get married or have children to begin with

while knowing full well that she's probably going to die in a matter of months

is horrifying).

Worst Dads: Jakob. The way he treats Dwyer in his paralogue is disturbing considering he expects things Dwyer's not even capable of until you train him up more or use an offspring seal. Ryoma to a lesser degree, I don't think he'd be as bad a parent as Jakob if the absolutely insane child system weren't forced upon him. I do love Shiro's burn against him though:

Ryoma: I didn't raise you to be this irresponsible!

Shiro: Dad, want a reality check? You didn't raise me at all.

Best Moms: Mozu, as everyone else has said. Elise and Sakura too, when they're a little older. Oboro seems pretty okay, but only under the condition that she gets over her racism, because that's really not a healthy thing to have children grow up around.

Best Dads: Arthur, for all of his misfortunate bumbling, would surely make a loving father and would easily make for a sturdy and steadfast moral compass and do much to ensure that his kids end up well-adjusted and hard-working. Kaze, Benny and Silas would also make great parents. Silas in particular seems pretty eager to understand what people are going through, which is important when raising a child.

Edited by Alastor15243

Worst Moms: Peri, Camilla, Rhajat and Azura (the fact that she would even agree to get married or have children to begin with

while knowing full well that she's probably going to die in a matter of months

is horrifying).

I'm gonna argue with that last point.

Say someone was a victim of cancer and knew they were going to die in, say, a year. Do they not have the right to marriage and happiness because of that? Should people with certain death in the future never get married and have kids? Because if so, no one should do that since we all die in the end anyway. It's not how much time you have that matters, but how you use it.

And even then, you're assuming she knew she was going to die. She probably didn't--in Conquest she expresses surprise at the notion she's going to have to use up her life force to sing to Takumi.

Edited by Abvora

I'm gonna argue with that last point.

Say someone was a victim of cancer and knew they were going to die in, say, a year. Do they not have the right to marriage and happiness because of that? Should people with certain death in the future never get married and have kids? Because if so, no one should do that since we all die in the end anyway. It's not how much time you have that matters, but how you use it.

And even then, you're assuming she knew she was going to die. She probably didn't--in Conquest she expresses surprise at the notion she's going to have to use up her life force to sing to Takumi.

Yeah but in Birthright she seems pretty damned aware of what she's going to have to do, or at least that it's a major possibility. To get married and have kids and not disclose this to any of them? That's a HORRIBLE thing to do. Your argument assumes disclosure.

Pretty sure no one in Fates had any reason to get kids until after they were done saving their country/butchering innocents/saving the world, but I guess they thought what'd happen in their pocket dimension would stay in their pocket dimension.

I also agree with Thane as Camilla being an overprotective mother who wouldn't let her daughter grow however I think you guys are too harsh on Peri and Rhajat. I mean sure they aren't role models but their personalities go well with Kana on her own.Kana is a child and Peri is childish, the two go well together and the more they spend time, the more they mature therefore Peri would ultimately look like Peri's best friend and look like a good mother.

I get she'll probably try and get a little stabby if let's say someone unfortunate lad was to piss her off she'd get very angry and threaten to murder him.

Rhajat's on the same bag however she is more mature and loves Kana as much as Corrin since she is the proof they loved each other, seeing Kana remind her of her dream life with Corrin + Child Scramble shows Kana doesn't like when Rhajat is too psychopathic so if anyone were to bother her, I think she wouldn't get as pissed as Peri.

I think Charlotte could actually be one of the worst mothers out here for the simple fact that she switches personality often and act as a slut most of the time {Making her a bad influence}

You'd think she'd stop after marrying King Corn but I think she could very well cheat Corrin with Shura if money was involved. I think she would steal the gold from Shura then go back to Corrin and say she did it for the money and gigles.

For the worst dad... Saizo ? Maybe it's because of how he kind of is distant with his Asugi to begin with, only talking to him about becoming Saizo the 6th and not caring about his personality to begin with. I think had he not realised his mistake Asugi would have stayed Asugi and never would he have taken the Saizo name because let's face it, his dad is a jerk. Back to Kana I feel like the Child Scramble helps out as CorrinxSaizo turns out to be a stalking relationship, when both are males it seems sort of normal for him to spy on you like an opponent rather than him chasing a "suspicious" woman. Changing genders really make it creepier huh.

Yeah but in Birthright she seems pretty damned aware of what she's going to have to do, or at least that it's a major possibility. To get married and have kids and not disclose this to any of them? That's a HORRIBLE thing to do. Your argument assumes disclosure.

But in BR, she does disclose

that she could die:

Azura: It's possible that if I sang long enough, and with enough power, I could disintegrate completely. (Birthright Chapter 20)

Azura: No, I'm afraid not, dear. Overuse of this power can destroy your body over time. (Shigure A-support)

Your argument assumes that if she'd tell Corrin and Shigure, she wouldn't tell her husband (if he's not Corrin) or her other child.

Pretty sure no one in Fates had any reason to get kids until after they were done saving their country/butchering innocents/saving the world, but I guess they thought what'd happen in their pocket dimension would stay in their pocket dimension.

I'm gonna agree with Thane on this, having kids during the war is a terrible thing all-around for everyone. 'Nother reason Deeprealms is stupid.

Edited by Abvora

Best mom - Mozu, Oboro, Selena. Before you ask "why Selena" this may be a "bit" of headcanon, but with her mellowing out and her own rather rough experience with her mom, she strikes me as the type that'd try and be there for her kid as opposed to what happened with Cordelia.

Best dad - Kaze, Shura, Benny, possibly Laslow. Laslow is a pretty nice guy and strikes me as the type that'd love having his own kids, the only thing he'd have to work on is... well... toning down on hitting on other girls in front of his kids. Or hitting on anyone else ever.

Worst mom - Camilla, Peri

Worst dad - Jakob

I'm gonna agree with Thane on this, having kids during the war is a terrible thing all-around for everyone. 'Nother reason Deeprealms is stupid.

The pregnancy is really the big deal though, assuming they're all go there for about couple of days/months. Proceed to live after birth and visits once a month a.k.a 6-7 years.

The pregnancy is really the big deal though, assuming they're all go there for about couple of days/months. Proceed to live after birth and visits once a month a.k.a 6-7 years.

If you get a child unit in Fates you automatically fast forward the plot at least nine months since they actually let it happen outside of the Deeprealms. The text that shows up afterwards states they left the baby in the proverbial baby oven after it was born; they didn't go there on vacation to speed up the process or anything.

Of course, then there are the visits, as you said, which means they must've been able to go there frequently, even if they pop it out while they're in Valla or something.

Edited by Thane

They all are. Who has kids and leave them in another dimension, and without their siblings in some cases? Or when they themselves were left in said dimension? Damn Corrin and his pedophilia.

Yes but excluding the deeprealm stuff. haha if we were to judge without this that is.

Edited by WinterOkami

I'm talking here in general, not only for Kana, and taking in consideration their base personalities:

Best Moms: Mozu, Kagero, Sakura, Elise, Azura. They are caring and loving girls that for sure are be very nice with childrens, maybe I will add Serena too, since she already know what is to grow without parents and she for sure don't want her own kids to feel or grow like her. Oboro too, she is a caring girl and like Serena, know what is to grow without parents.

Best fathers: Kaze is the most obvious, Laslow and Odin for the same reason than Serena... Maybe??, Kaden too since he is nice and kind. Arthur is a good option too, he is caring and want the best for his kid, also he is a super hero!!

Oh! I have less options for dads, I feel that the other characters (from both genders) need to learn or grow maturity a bit more before taking care of childrens (bets examples are Takumi and Leo)... And if I consider the childrens but thinking in them as full grow persons...

Forrest for sure will be very good and he is a very understanding person, Siegbert is kind and a good person too, same with Shigure... Midori and Caeldori can be very good ones too

Edited by SniperGYS

I'm talking here in general, not only for Kana, and taking in consideration their base personalities:

Best Moms: Mozu, Kagero, Sakura, Elise, Azura. They are caring and loving girls that for sure are be very nice with childrens, maybe I will add Serena too, since she already know what is to grow without parents and she for sure don't want her own kids to feel or grow like her. Oboro too, she is a caring girl and like Serena, know what is to grow without parents.

Best fathers: Kaze is the most obvious, Laslow and Odin for the same reason than Serena... Maybe??, Kaden too since he is nice and kind. Arthur is a good option too, he is caring and want the best for his kid, also he is a super hero!!

Oh! I have less options for dads, I feel that the other characters (from both genders) need to learn or grow maturity a bit more before taking care of childrens (bets examples are Takumi and Leo)... And if I consider the childrens but thinking in them as full grow persons...

Forrest for sure will be very good and he is a very understanding person, Siegbert is kind and a good person too, same with Shigure... Midori and Caeldori can be very good ones too

I agree with all you said but Sakura and Elise are in their early teens...

Do you think they could be some sort of good mothers, I mean if they were older I guess but they are around the same age I believe.

The worst mother would for Kana or anyone else would probably be Peri. I doubt she's be a good mother with her being insane and very quick to go for the stabbing. At least Kana's lucky that she probably isn't a maid.

This is totally compounded by Kana's mother support. Why the frick-frack is Peri telling someone to not kill stuff?

This is totally compounded by Kana's mother support. Why the frick-frack is Peri telling someone to not kill stuff?

Apparently Corn taught some senses to her in between sandwiches

100% canon conversation here

Peri: Here, I cooked you a nice cheese sandwich.

Nohrin: Thank you honey, also we need to talk.

Peri: About what ?

Nohrin: I think you should stop killing people, and threatening our servants.

Peri: But why?! Killing is fun, I always get stabby, I can only kill to feel better and I am still not done beating you kill count!

Nohrin: Because killing is bad, and I don't even for fun, we're in times of war. You admire Xander right ?

Peri: Of course, Lord Xander is the coolest although you are a close number 2!

Nohrin : He doesn't enjoy killing and if he did he would look less cooler, don't you think ?

Peri : I guesss, but that's my thing ! What am I supposed to do?

Nohrin: Night-Night

Peri: What ?

Nohrin: You don't kill, you do night-night okay ? It's much better.

Peri: Is it really more fun ?

Nohrin : Sure when you do Night-Night the person can always come back and fight you again, that way nobody can kill and everyone can fight, it is more fair.

Peri: Hmm... okay, I'll give it a shot.

Nohrin: Thank you Peri

*Peri and Nohrin attained S+ Support*

Edited by WinterOkami

If you get a child unit in Fates you automatically fast forward the plot at least nine months since they actually let it happen outside of the Deeprealms. The text that shows up afterwards states they left the baby in the proverbial baby oven after it was born; they didn't go there on vacation to speed up the process or anything.

Of course, then there are the visits, as you said, which means they must've been able to go there frequently, even if they pop it out while they're in Valla or something.

Eh, the less said about how completely illogical the children subplots are the better.