RIP Awakening Cart

shadowofchaos

Is any of the electronics on the cart damaged or was it just the plastic?

If the latter, you might be able to get it fixed somehow.

Gold contacts were chewed through. Hole in the back got to the chip.

The trash was taken already anyway.

Is this the second JP cart she ruined? Or was that another user that had a dog ruin it?

This is the only one.

The earlier thread I started was when it happened.

This is the "play the death theme" for when I can only do the proper thing and bury it... in the trash.

There's always digital.

Your heart will go on

I could always salvage my English cart's save and put it on the new JP cart when I get it.

It would save me hundreds of hours.

Edited by shadowofchaos

You always have the English version

fr fr tho, I'm sorry for your loss, if my Awakening copy wound up like this, I'd completely lose it even tho I haven't played Awakening more than once since Fates released.

I'd feel that way as well... though because my Awakening cart is my SD card and 8 years of Pokemon memories would be gone along with it.

You always have the English version

fr fr tho, I'm sorry for your loss, if my Awakening copy wound up like this, I'd completely lose it even tho I haven't played Awakening more than once since Fates released.

Funnily enough, I'm not as upset as I thought I'd be.

Sorry for your loss. :< I myself switched to a new version of the game as well (albeit under very different circumstances), and I still haven't bothered to re-unlock Lunatic+ yet. >_>

Sorry for your loss. :< I myself switched to a new version of the game as well (albeit under very different circumstances), and I still haven't bothered to re-unlock Lunatic+ yet. >_>

I know there's nothing to be gained from it... but I liked actually having a "Lunatic+ Classic" save on my screen saying "Endgame: Fell Dragon Gimle".

I'm gonna *LOVE* Chapter 2 if I decide to go for that again.

...might just be easier to hack back my stuff.

Anyways, thank you all for posting your condolences.

Just knowing that I other people have had similar tragedies helps. I mean, I don't wish that you had them... what I mean is I appreciate the understanding.

RIP Kakusei cart; it went out thanks to Classic mode being enabled.

Yuna had Vantage+ and Luna+ Equipped with super effective fangs to that cart.

It sliced through easier than a bandit with Hawkeye, Luna+, and a Hammer through Frederick on Chapter 1.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I know there's nothing to be gained from it... but I liked actually having a "Lunatic+ Classic" save on my screen saying "Endgame: Fell Dragon Gimle".

I'm gonna *LOVE* Chapter 2 if I decide to go for that again.

...might just be easier to hack back my stuff.

Anyways, thank you all for posting your condolences.

Just knowing that I other people have had similar tragedies helps. I mean, I don't wish that you had them... what I mean is I appreciate the understanding.

Yuna had Vantage+ and Luna+ Equipped with super effective fangs to that cart.

It sliced through easier than a bandit with Hawkeye, Luna+, and a Hammer through Frederick on Chapter 1.

Yeah, sometimes it's nice to commiserate with others, even if it doesn't actually help in a meaningful way. :P

And, hey, if/when you do get around to remaking those old save files, you're at least a lot more knowledgeable now! I liked to keep my very 1st Awakening run around just to remind myself how much of a dork I was when I played through the game the first time. (That first file and my first Lunatic file were the ones that I kept; the 3rd file was for whatever else I was playing at the time)