The Art of Fire Emblem Awakening releases October 18th

The DanMan

Wait, this is getting an english release? Huh, news to me.

I'll probably pick it up if I can, I really like seeing concept art, even if I have seen these ones before.

I'll be easier than having to search through google for them.

...years later, they finally release an English Knights of Iris.

Took them long enough.

Though, I doubt anyone who got artbooks for the art for FE don't have it already.

Eh, you'd be surprised- many people not on this site didn't even know it was a thing at all until it was announced for an English release.

I am hoping someone will buy this for me for Christmas, but if not I will buy it after. It looks very nice and since I like art books and this on is translated I will get it some time.

Most of these are all scanned onto the wiki already lol

If anything, I"ll buy it to support more art books being released over here.

Edited by Limstella

I preordered this back in August (and I still remember when it was announced last December), and I should get it on release day. I'm quite fond of artbooks so I'm looking forward to reading though it.

How does a slight size upgrade alone make it better?

Like, what extra stuff does it have?

For example: I already have the Japanese version.

Belinda would like to get an English version. Is there any incentive at all to get the English version besides text that is largely negligible (because it's a concept art book) and a slight size upgrade and hard cover?

Edited by shadowofchaos

How does a slight size upgrade alone make it better?

Like, what extra stuff does it have?

For example: I already have the Japanese version.

Belinda would like to get an English version. Is there any incentive at all to get the English version besides text that is largely negligible (because it's a concept art book) and a slight size upgrade and hard cover?

Obviously no.

But if you don't have the japanese artbook, the english one is really the best option because you have what's is in the japanese, plus a hard cover and a larger book.

The english one is slightly better, it's not really important in fact, but it's better than nothing.

Maybe the English version has both the English localization of the support conversations and the English translation of the Japanese support conversations as well as artwork of the DLC characters released in the 2nd wave (Palla, Est, Catria, Katarina). There are all of the Japanese support conversations and only the first wave DLC character artwork in the original Japanese version as the 2nd wave of DLC wasn't released yet at the time or something.

The content being exactly the same begs the following questions:

-Does the artbook contain the English localized support conversations or the English translations of the Japanese support conversations?

-For concept artwork that include Japanese text (that may be handwritten), were there pages that include the English translations of the text not unlike what was contained in the little artbook included with the Special Edition set of Fire Emblem Fates?

-For concept artwork that include Japanese text (that may be handwritten), were there pages that include the English translations of the text not unlike what was contained in the little artbook included with the Special Edition set of Fire Emblem Fates?

I would expect that the Japanese text in the artwork would be replaced with what it says in English, since that's what Dark Horse did with Hyrule Historia.

Edited by Lightchao42

The content being exactly the same begs the following questions:

-Does the artbook contain the English localized support conversations or the English translations of the Japanese support conversations?

-It's the official localisation from the english version.

-Yeah, all in this book is translated.

Artbook mentions Grima's brand being called Brand of The Defile. Not sure if this was ever mentioned anywhere ingame or in other supplemental materials (excluding this artbook) but that seems kinda cool to have given it a name.

I don't recall it being different in the JP version from "mark"... but they have a tendency not to be consistent with naming things and have to make things more "cool sounding" in English.

[spoiler=Interesting tidbits:]

For the list of works in which the DLC characters appeared in, Dark Horse updated it to include:

-Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U (Marth, Roy, Ike, Lyndis)

-Codename: S.T.E.A.M. (Marth, Ike)

-Fire Emblem Fates (Marth, Ike)

In the glossary entry for the Valmese Empire, Ylisse, Regna Ferox, and Plegia are erroneously referred to as making up the Valmese Empire, and Valm is erroneously referred to as Archanea in the previous FE titles. Either this is a translation error or the error existed in the original Japanese text and Dark Horse followed the translation rather than correct the error.

In the cutscene storyboards for Fated Clash (opening cutscene in the playthrough), Validar is referred to as Grima. Again, not sure if this is a translation error or if Dark Horse is just following the translation.