but if roosevelt was living he wouldnt let this be

Ansem

serious discussion time folks

so i was listening to that song and i was thinking "really? would roosevelt actually do anything about racism?" jackson didn't really specify which one, so i'm gonna assume teddy since republican party once upon a time championed the rights of the black people and though eleanor was outspoken for the rights of black people, fdr really didn't have any plans to pass anything civil rights related because he needed dixiecrats on his side to pass his laws. but teddy roosevelt was before franklin any im sure he was just naturally racist towards the blacks even though he was a republican.

Yeah, he was racist, but more so against native Americans than blacks. He still would be 100 times the President Trump would be, and I would vote for him in a heartbeat. America needs someone like him.

Roosevelt would probably slap Ted Cruz off Capitol Hill with his massive dick if Cruz tried to bitch about Teddy heroically blocking corporations from doing whatever they wanted. Good god I would pay so much to see that.

Yeah, he was racist, but more so against native Americans than blacks. He still would be 100 times the President Trump would be, and I would vote for him in a heartbeat. America needs someone like him.

but he was still racist, so the lyrics could only be talking about fdr. he seemed sorta neutral on the matter however

Roosevelt would probably slap Ted Cruz off Capitol Hill with his massive dick if Cruz tried to bitch about Teddy heroically blocking corporations from doing whatever they wanted. Good god I would pay so much to see that.

I would pay so much money to see a Teddy Roosevelt biopic starring Nick Offerman. Teddy Roosevelt is almost comically manly. Dude got shot during a speech and he basically said "Gonna take more than that to kill me" and kept talking.

I would pay so much money to see a Teddy Roosevelt biopic starring Nick Offerman. Teddy Roosevelt is almost comically manly. Dude got shot during a speech and he basically said "Gonna take more than that to kill me" and kept talking.

Heck, dude was a politician who actually fought on the front lines of the war he started. He was an imperialist, to be sure, but he was a BRAVE imperialist.

Heck, dude was a politician who actually fought on the front lines of the war he started. He was an imperialist, to be sure, but he was a BRAVE imperialist.

Not saying he wasn't brave, but it's probably worth saying that the role of the rough riders seems controversial. I've heard friends talk about this before, and I really don't know much about the matter myself, so I'm not really sure if one side is particularly half-baked.

The most relevant wikipedia article I found attributes the inflation of the rough riders and roosevelt more to the press at the time than to roosevelt himself. Pershing (the general) is cited as a source who attributes the "spontaneous" charge on san juan hill to a guy who died during the battle.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jules_Garesche_Ord

Edited by HELP

Not saying he wasn't brave, but it's probably worth saying that the role of the rough riders seems controversial. I've heard friends talk about this before, and I really don't know much about the matter myself, so I'm not really sure if one side is particularly half-baked.

The most relevant wikipedia article I found attributes the inflation of the rough riders and roosevelt more to the press at the time than to roosevelt himself. Pershing (the general) is cited as a source who attributes the "spontaneous" charge on san juan hill to a guy who died during the battle.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jules_Garesche_Ord

It doesn't really matter if the Rough Riders were a bunch of proto Captain Americas; what matters is that he resigned from being secretary of defense to fight on the front lines.

It doesn't really matter if the Rough Riders were a bunch of proto Captain Americas; what matters is that he resigned from being secretary of defense to fight on the front lines.

It does matter if the rough riders got more credit than they deserved - but I still admit fighting on the front lines shows bravery.

EDIT-I'm not familiar enough with Captain America to know for sure, but it doesn't seem like the kind of phrase that describes someone who got more credit than they deserve, though not by their own choosing or making.

Edited by HELP

ew

didnt anyone teach you not to romanticize famous people?

ew

didnt anyone teach you not to romanticize famous people?

On the contrary, I am pointing out his imperialism against the poor innocent glorious monarchical Spanish.

It does matter if the rough riders got more credit than they deserved - but I still admit fighting on the front lines shows bravery.EDIT-I'm not familiar enough with Captain America to know for sure, but it doesn't seem like the kind of phrase that describes someone who got more credit than they deserve, though not by their own choosing or making.

No, I'm saying they weren't like Captain America.