New Pairings </3 Kaze

Twilight Cinder

Um, because some of them are poorly designed for lategame? Or because I'd rather not have the paralogues get stupidly hard to the point where it's a case of "see map, say nope"?

I get Ignatius and Shiro, but Forrest? His is basically just mildly timed and if you actually have a worthwhile party then it shouldn't be hard at all. And the rest for the most part are fine.

I always do paralogues at chapter 19, so I don't need to spend cash on a master seal for children. Except Ophelia, I do hers earlier because I'd really like a good mage by around chapter 12 or 13. It probably is better for experience to space them more so you can grind your main team a bit more, the only Paralogues that are quite a pain are Soleil's, Ignatius and Velouria's and those are all very doable by chapter 19 and will probably be much easier if done before the enemies are promoted. Forrest's looks intimidating but it has never really given me issues.

Ignatius Paralogue is very doable at chapter 19 even in Lunatic. The only hard part is keeping him alive by reaching him early. One way of doing that if Benny is not in the main party is giving Benny a Master seal to Great Knight, pairing him to Camilla and flying them both across the eastern mountains after singing them on the first turn with Azura. You should arrive by the 3rd turn at 9 movement. Afterwards just have them survive.

I get Ignatius and Shiro, but Forrest? His is basically just mildly timed and if you actually have a worthwhile party then it shouldn't be hard at all. And the rest for the most part are fine.

I also forgot to mention the part where certain paralogues have items that would do me more good if gotten earlier (e.g. Ophelia, Sophie, Percy), and I might consider THAT more important than the exp that saving them for lategame might offer. The children themselves are a bonus, and it means more options in case someone starts dragging the team down. Either way, I don't trust most paralogues to not be too much trouble to consider taking on once they start using exclusively promoted enemies.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

I also forgot to mention the part where certain paralogues have items that would do me more good if gotten earlier (e.g. Ophelia, Sophie, Percy), and I might consider THAT more important than the exp that saving them for lategame might offer. The children themselves are a bonus, and it means more options in case someone starts dragging the team down. Either way, I don't trust most paralogues to not be too much trouble to consider taking on once they start using exclusively promoted enemies.

That I can get, but I still feel you're majorly over-reacting to the difficulty of most of the paralogues. What difficulty are you playing on?

That I can get, but I still feel you're majorly over-reacting to the difficulty of most of the paralogues. What difficulty are you playing on?

I play on Hard.

Yes it "only" takes 20 weapon swings, which would be 10 battles if you double. However chances are that on cases your bronze weapon might not kill, say 2x 10 damage vs an enemy with 23 HP, and someone like Camilla might just outright murder them in a single hit. Finding an opportunity to make those swings is hard. I'll admit it's much easier with Shurikens and Daggers since they at least debuff so it's worth the chip damage.

Siegbert will not outclass Xander, by no means, but he'll be a good unit, about as good as Silas if not better if you managed to get some inheritance stats from. He'll also be a better Hero than Arthur and his main weapon will not be stuck at B rank. As for Forrest, I actually never considered making her a Strategist, I like her as a maid since the Flame Shuriken is so damn good and Elise is already the mounted healer.

Actually, you only get Wexp once per battle even if you do get follow-ups. Also, that's a pretty bad example to prove a point, since a dual strike would most likely make that a one-round kill.

I like Felicia as a Maid as well, but I don't mind making her a Strategist since she gets magic damage without the need for a weapon that nukes her evade and disables crits (yeah, I don't like relying on magic weapons other than Felicia's Plate, so sue me). That said, I tend to give her Energy Drops, because off the top of my head, I can't think of much of anyone else who needs them.

I play on Hard.

Actually, you only get Wexp once per battle even if you do get follow-ups. Also, that's a pretty bad example to prove a point, since a dual strike would most likely make that a one-round kill.

I like Felicia as a Maid as well, but I don't mind making her a Strategist since she gets magic damage without the need for a weapon that nukes her evade and disables crits (yeah, I don't like relying on magic weapons other than Felicia's Plate, so sue me). That said, I tend to give her Energy Drops, because off the top of my head, I can't think of much of anyone else who needs them.

I also don't like to use the Levin Sword or Flame Shuriken, so you're definitely not alone with that.

The only times someone would need Energy Drops is when you change Odin to Samurai and get unlucky with Strength, if Selena's RNG hates you or when you have a Strength bane Corrin but need to use the Shadow Yato to kill Gooron / Anankumi.

I play on Hard.

There's really nothing to fear from most Conquest paralogues on hard, you just need to be careful and have a game plan. Ignatius aside, as long as you can either control the child or don't have to worry about them for the early map, you can save the paralogues until really late. And as I said, I prefer to do that because when you have a plan for your team, it gives you a lot of extra experience to work with to give your team some much-needed skills.

Edited by Alastor15243

There's really nothing to fear from most Conquest paralogues on hard, you just need to be careful and have a game plan. Ignatius aside, as long as you can either control the child or don't have to worry about them for the early map, you can save the paralogues until really late. And as I said, I prefer to do that because when you have a plan for your team, it gives you a lot of extra experience to work with to give your team some much-needed skills.

Maybe, but it ain't fun when I have to walk on eggshells the entire map. Also, Forrest's paralogue lategame sounds like an infernal nightmare of a Zerg rush. Combine that with a time limit... H-E-two hockey sticks no.