>Nintendo in 2016

Knife

Smash 4- Failed to live as the others, ridiculously high DLC prices,No Story Mode. That's enough

Considering its still played competitively on a global level and the DLC isn't even priced that high, lmao at this statement in its entirety.

I don't think I've gotten any Wii U games this year...and I don't think there are any coming that I want, either (getting Zelda on NX), but for 3DS I have gotten:

Fire Emblem Fates (all 3)

Style Savvy: Fashion Forward

Yokai Watch 2 Bony Spirits

And plan to get Pokemon Moon, so that's not a bad haul.

Nintendo has done the same every year since 1987.

This is visibly false. Nintendo is really one of the only companies to consistently change up the formula with every generation since the Gamecube. Hell, it's one of the main points of contention against Ninty really, especially since they do the same thing with their IPs from time to time as well (looking at you, Paper Mario). Also, since the OP brought up difficulty, let's not pretend that the older generation of Nintendo games weren't infinitely harder than they are now.

In my experience, people that claim "X changed since I'm not as invested now" usually have the wrong perception. They changed, so they are not as invested now.

This is partially true though and shouldn't be overlooked either. Especially since Nintendo does keep changing things up, it's harder to stay invested in things that once held your interest, especially in cases where the new games change up so much they may as well be a new series or spin-off.

That said I'm fairly optimistic about the future of Nintendo. There are still some titles that at the very least catch my eye, from time to time. That's honestly more than I can say for my PS4, which is just a really expensive paperweight at this stage. I'd like to get AA6 and possibly Bravely Second at some point. Paper Mario might be okay, but still not the Paper Mario I wanted (give me TYD 2 damn it). Fates...well there's new Pokemon just around the corner. Pokken is cool, Breath of the Wild looks great, and A Link Between Worlds from a few years back was pretty good, if admittedly played up for the nostalgia factor. Zero Time Dilemma, although multi-platform had its best version on 3DS. Honestly, if they would just remember that Mario and Zelda aren't their only IPs they'd be in pretty good shape as far as first party titles too. The Wii U is hardly a smash hit, to be sure, but the 3DS is going strong, and I don't see it stopping any time soon. Even then there are plenty of games previously released on the system worth checking out like Sm4sh, Bayo 2, Splatoon, Xenoblade Chronicles X, etc.

At the end of the day though, I can't really say they've gotten any worse really. The fact of the matter is, most games suck. Most games have always sucked. For every Super Mario Bros. there are 30+ Ikari Warriors or some other trash. We just remember the good ones. It's just a little more obvious on the Wii U, since it has barely any games to begin with.

2016 feels so goddamn long that I forgot Fates even came out this year. And I saw someone mention Rhythm Heaven Megamix and while I did buy it ((I'm obsessed with RH not sorry)) I found it more to be a compilation game than something fresh. I just hope it means that the Rhythm Heaven series has a future with more new rhythm games.

Bolded: That's because it is, if you've played the demo it even tells you.

I'm okay with Nintendo this year, although I'm a bit miffed that they hardly do anything with F-Zero. But I'm overall okay with them. Looking forward to Ever Oasis next year.

I'm okay with Nintendo this year, although I'm a bit miffed that they hardly do anything with F-Zero. But I'm overall okay with them. Looking forward to Ever Oasis next year.

I'm not just miffed. I'm "Furious! Outraged! Sick with anger!" (sorry for dead meme)

That's why Fast Racing NEO was such a joy. It's not F-Zero, but it filled the hyperspeed hole in my heart.

The best Nintendo game I recall in the last few years is Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. Not only is it an excellent game, but I'm starting to wonder if it isn't THE best 2D platformer in existence. If you know of a better one, tell me.

The only WiiU games that gives me interest this year has been Hyrule Warriors, #FE, and maybe Pokken, really. Expanding to 2017, then Zelda Breath of the Wild. Though I didn't know that Xenoblades/(and eventually) Bayonetta are also Nintendo-titled franchises, so I guess it's not a total loss.

Xenoblade Chronicles X- This one is a game that I would love playing,but the reviews were too mixed,so I'm in doubt

If you liked Xenoblade Chronicles, then you'll probably like Xenoblade Chronicles X. It's only real issues are its almost overwhelming size, its lackluster main storyline (especially compared to Xenoblade), and battles taking too long.

Good to know,I

If you liked Xenoblade Chronicles, then you'll probably like Xenoblade Chronicles X. It's only real issues are its almost overwhelming size, its lackluster main storyline (especially compared to Xenoblade), and battles taking too long.

good to know,I finished the original last year and I remember staying hours in extra battles. That is an example of a good game. So I wll probably like Xenoblade Chronicles X,I tend to prefer long battle,because they are far more intense,size doesn't matter. I will probably be disapointed with the storyline,but the important thing is the gameplay

Considering its still played competitively on a global level and the DLC isn't even priced that high, lmao at this statement in its entirety.

If you download Smash 4 you will pay $59,99 and a single character is from 3.99 to 5.99, if you compair just the number of characters present in the original version the price of the DLC is abusive even if suppose that every character is in the price of Lucas,Mewtwo and Roy. Just multiply 3.99 for the amount of characters avaible in the original version. Without counting stages and many other minor things.

As the competitive I don't care much, I still think that Brawl was the best Smash game to date,being the most complete

Bolded: That's because it is, if you've played the demo it even tells you.

Well I mean yes I know that but they at least threw in enough stuff to make it fresh and worth a buy. I just hope they don't pull it again for the next game ((AFAIK it sold well so there should be a next game)).

Well, it turned out that neither Zelda, nor Pokémon have any Wii U exclusive titles! Looks like Wii U is going to replace GC and GBA as my least favourite console in terms of library.

Edited by henrymidfields

Well, it turned out that neither Zelda, nor Pokémon have any Wii U exclusive titles! Looks like Wii U is going to replace GC and GBA as my least favourite console in terms of library.

Well, Pokémon had Pokken.

Zelda had only ports of TWW and TP plus the original version of BotW.

Pokemon Rumble U