Who is the best non-Milady flier in FE6

LowTierFE7Tresh

Who is killing stuff better than Marcus in early game? Who has weapon ranks comparable to all the units I stated at base in a game where weapon ranks grow really slowly?

The Prepromotes in FE6 generally have really solid bases compared to alot of the tier 1 chumps you get lol.

But they generally have terrible bases for being promoted, now if we were talking FE7, it would be a different story, in terms of bases, only a few prepromotes are competent, (Percival, Niime with an Angelic Robe, Yodel with an Angelic Robe, maybe Echidna)

But they generally have terrible bases for being promoted, now if we were talking FE7, it would be a different story, in terms of bases, only a few prepromotes are competent, (Percival, Niime with an Angelic Robe, Yodel with an Angelic Robe, maybe Echidna)

Doesn't make sense. As illustrated previously, Marcus and Zealot with their bases alone are competent for the first half of the game:

Marcus is the perfect Jagen for that reason. He leaves the enemies at low HP so your weaker units can pick them off for exp. He's way above average for the first 7 chapters because his durability, speed and attack (>avg strength, silver lance to damage stronger enemies) are noticeably better than those of everyone else besides Zealot (who is Marcus +1 essentially), and he's still pretty good for the western isles due to his high HP and def and average offense.

Would like to add to this by pointing out that Marcus has Silver Lance access just in case something needs to die really quickly.

Your argument is also generally weak because it relies on jerking off to the high numbers and free ORKOes you get in other games. FE7 is irrelevant and its prepromotes having high stats doesn't counter that FE6's prepromotes are sufficient without them.

Edited by Gradivus.

There is little point in comparing (FE6)Marcus' base stats to other promoted characters if you don't have access to any of those. His competition at the start of the game are a bunch of unpromoted units and at that point he completely outclasses anyone on your team. Of course, that changes over time (and nobody here will try to convince you that Marcus is endgame material), but for a long period of time, including one of the hardest chapters in the game (ch.7), ignoring/benching Marcus makes the game much, much harder that benching anyone else would. And I think someone already pointed out that Marcus and Zealot remain decent during the Western Isles arc, so they're relevant for about half the game. And that's good, in case you were wondering.

@topic: Thany is probably the most useful all around, due to the lack of competition until Tate and especially Milady show up. But on HM (and if I had to choose between them), I'd probably bench Thany for her sister and both Pegs for Zeiss. Despite the first paragraph, I tend to overvalue potential over immediate use, but I think that at least training Zeiss would be more worthwhile than keeping Thany and Tate on the team. Tate vs. Thany is probably questionable, though.

There is little point in comparing (FE6)Marcus' base stats to other promoted characters if you don't have access to any of those. His competition at the start of the game are a bunch of unpromoted units and at that point he completely outclasses anyone on your team. Of course, that changes over time (and nobody here will try to convince you that Marcus is endgame material), but for a long period of time, including one of the hardest chapters in the game (ch.7), ignoring/benching Marcus makes the game much, much harder that benching anyone else would. And I think someone already pointed out that Marcus and Zealot remain decent during the Western Isles arc, so they're relevant for about half the game. And that's good, in case you were wondering.

@topic: Thany is probably the most useful all around, due to the lack of competition until Tate and especially Milady show up. But on HM (and if I had to choose between them), I'd probably bench Thany for her sister and both Pegs for Zeiss. Despite the first paragraph, I tend to overvalue potential over immediate use, but I think that at least training Zeiss would be more worthwhile than keeping Thany and Tate on the team. Tate vs. Thany is probably questionable, though.

Although if I had to choose between Thany, Tate, Yuno and Zeiss, I'd go Tate (of course, Miledy trumps all)