Who is the best non-Milady flier in FE6

LowTierFE7Tresh

Shanna because she joins super early. She's actually better than Milady in LTC, I'm pretty sure (don't quote me on that, though, I know nothing about FE6).

As a unit, Shanna has availability over Tate, but Tate is a better unit overall imo. Especially for hard mode.

Still, Zeiss is better than both, but availability is worse again. And his level is particularly low for that point.

Juno unfortunately is a terrible unit.

(Edit: probably should be clarifying hard mode for Tate and Zeiss. Otherwise, there's pretty much no benefit. And even then, everyone else has made the case for Thany being better overall.)

Edited by Dayni

Shanna, and heck in LTC she outperforms Miledy.

Shanna because she joins super early. She's actually better than Milady in LTC, I'm pretty sure (don't quote me on that, though, I know nothing about FE6).

Yeah, because stuff like Hennings chapter, she can create much quicker clears among other things.

Even non LTC, non rigged, pure combat wise Shanna is better than Tate in FE6, NM or HM. Tate is mad overrated, and Zeiss arguably has more unique/significant contributions for much less effort.

Edited by Irysa

Tate and Zeiss actually can fit Miledys role well

I doubt it.

Anyways, I'm going with the general consensus and saying Shanna - Zeiss comes late and underleveled with crap for a lance rank to boot, Yuno is just bad, and Tate's bases are meh.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

I would have to say Tate

Thany suffers from many Pegasus Knight problems, more than Tate does

Namely, low Strength and Con

While Tate only suffers from low Con

On the topic of Zeiss, he just joins too late and I personally think he, as well as Hugh, should've both been prepromotes

And Yuno, while prepromotes suck in FE6 anyway so ya

I would have to say Tate

Thany suffers from many Pegasus Knight problems, more than Tate does

Namely, low Strength and Con

While Tate only suffers from low Con

And Yuno, while prepromotes suck in FE6 anyway so ya

Tate suffers from bad stats in a point of the game where you need stats, also Prepromotes make up a good chunk of FE6's best units so I have no idea what you're talking about, Juno is like one of the only bad prepromotes in 6's entire cast, other than like Gareth and Douglas?

Marcus and Zealot help early game tons, Klein and Igrene are your best foot Bow users by far with good weapon ranks in a game thats hard to get good ranks in, and solid bases, Percival is one of the best units in the game coming in with solid weapon ranks and stats, Echidna & Bartre while not super amazing are still pretty decent units overall, Dayan is ok filler, Niime is one of the best units in the entire late game. Cecilia has a horse, can use restore and has a decent anima rank to make up for her weaker stats, Yodel and Karel are unnecessary but also decent when they are around.

Edited by Jedi

In NM it's very, very obviously Thany/Shanna. She crushes Tate in avoid and isn't much worse than her in anything else (somewhat less HP IIRC?), and that's before considering her availability lead.

In HM I can see the case for Tate or Zeiss, or Shanna again. I'm not sure.

Shanna Support her with Lot and Wade she gains I believe +4 or more damage and higher critical.

Tate is pretty awesome in Hard mode, support her with Klein and she will be a bit better.

Zeiss is pretty much a Milady clone, Support him, Ellen and Milady together and all three of them will be good for the rest of the game.

Yuno, just support her with Jerrot and Treck and she'll be doing criticals all day.

All the fliers are good just gotta know how to use them.

Tate suffers from bad stats in a point of the game where you need stats, also Prepromotes make up a good chunk of FE6's best units so I have no idea what you're talking about, Juno is like one of the only bad prepromotes in 6's entire cast, other than like Gareth and Douglas?

Marcus and Zealot help early game tons, Klein and Igrene are your best foot Bow users by far with good weapon ranks in a game thats hard to get good ranks in, and solid bases, Percival is one of the best units in the game coming in with solid weapon ranks and stats, Echidna & Bartre while not super amazing are still pretty decent units overall, Dayan is ok filler, Niime is one of the best units in the entire late game. Cecilia has a horse, can use restore and has a decent anima rank to make up for her weaker stats, Yodel and Karel are unnecessary but also decent when they are around.

With a few exceptions, pitiful bases and pitiful growths, how are they good? Marcus can't kill with Iron crap, even in Chapter 1

Marcus can't kill with Iron crap, even in Chapter 1

Marcus is the perfect Jagen for that reason. He leaves the enemies at low HP so your weaker units can pick them off for exp. He's way above average for the first 7 chapters because his durability, speed and attack (>avg strength, silver lance to damage stronger enemies) are noticeably better than those of everyone else besides Zealot (who is Marcus +1 essentially), and he's still pretty good for the western isles due to his high HP and def and average offense.

None of the units listed by Jedi have terrible bases, be it due to weapon ranks or stats. What impedes their utility is that their growth unit alternatives more or less just overshadow them, but they're serviceable whenever you want them to help out.

Thany wins if it's not HM, the others aren't amazing without their bonuses. Tate fares fairly well, she's in a similar ballpark to Thany in HM and the little extra strength she has is pretty hand. Zeiss comes a little late but is generally workable and Yuno is literally trash regardless.

In short, Thany generally wins with Tate as a reasonably close second in HM,

Marcus is the perfect Jagen for that reason. He leaves the enemies at low HP so your weaker units can pick them off for exp. He's way above average for the first 7 chapters because his durability, speed and attack (>avg strength, silver lance to damage stronger enemies) are noticeably better than those of everyone else besides Zealot (who is Marcus +1 essentially), and he's still pretty good for the western isles due to his high HP and def and average offense.

Would like to add to this by pointing out that Marcus has Silver Lance access just in case something needs to die really quickly.

With a few exceptions, pitiful bases and pitiful growths, how are they good? Marcus can't kill with Iron crap, even in Chapter 1

Who is killing stuff better than Marcus in early game? Who has weapon ranks comparable to all the units I stated at base in a game where weapon ranks grow really slowly?

The Prepromotes in FE6 generally have really solid bases compared to alot of the tier 1 chumps you get lol.