"Nintendo Switch", News and Discussion on Nintendo's New System - It's Launch Time!

Jave

• Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Nintendo website keeps updating with dates so here's some new release dates for some reason.

Dragon quest 8 3DS is coming out the 20th of this month.

Poochy and Yoshi's woolly world is coming out on the switch launch date for 3DS (March 3)

The Wii U version of Zelda has been confirmed for same day launch as well.

Obviously these could change but for now this what Nintendo's website says.

Edited by Locke087

Bowser may invade kingdoms and kidnap princesses, but that doesn't mean he isn't a concerned parent.

Literally me. I Loooooooooooved it

...Bowser's phone background is of Peach.

I'm not sure what to think.

GAME THEORY

Treehouse just showed us the Zelda amiibo

59bf1d6a27.png

Edited by Elieson

So bad news apparently that one free NES or SNES game you get a month you only get for that month and then you will no longer own it even if you are a subscriber.

http://www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2017/1/13/14266290/nintendo-switch-monthly-games-not-free

Edited by Locke087

So bad news apparently that one free NES or SNES game you get a month you only get for that month and then you will no longer own it even if you are a subscriber.

http://www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2017/1/13/14266290/nintendo-switch-monthly-games-not-free

Good to know that Nintendo fucked up Virtual Console yet again. Bravo.

Did you guys really expect all that to be totally free? Wow. I'm not surprised at all, that's quite a bit to be totally free with no catches.

If you paid like $6/mo for a "Nintendo Plus" online account, that got you access to discounts and a free game per month, Like Playstation offers with their Playstation Plus, well... i figured this kind of package would exist tbh.

Read what both of Nintendo's competitors are doing...

What do you mean? I don't pay any attention to Sony and Microsoft consoles.

Elie: I guess that would've made a little more sense.

Edited by Anacybele

Did you guys really expect all that to be totally free? Wow. I'm not surprised at all, that's quite a bit to be totally free with no catches.

You do know that both Xbox and PlayStation give away multiple free games every month both Indy and AAA and it lets you keep them as long as you're subscribed to their service. While Nintendo's is not only giving away just one VC game from NES & SNES but you can't even keep it if you're still subscribed. Basically what I'm saying is you're getting royally ripped off if Nintendo's price isn't significantly lower than Xbox and PlayStation's.

Edited by Locke087

What do you mean? I don't pay any attention to Sony and Microsoft consoles.

Elie: I guess that would've made a little more sense.

Okay, fair enough. Here's what they do:

Sony: Elie already described it well enough.

Microsoft: What Elie described, except (as I understand it), you get a free, preselected 360 game every month that's yours to keep forever.

Both of these consoles also have continuity. Nintendo is the only publisher that charges you for the exact same games (VC games, mind you) and doesn't have some sort of persistent account like Microsoft and Sony do.

Okay, fair enough. Here's what they do:

Sony: Elie already described it well enough.

Microsoft: What Elie described, except (as I understand it), you get a free, preselected 360 game every month that's yours to keep forever.

Both of these consoles also have continuity. Nintendo is the only publisher that charges you for the exact same games (VC games, mind you) and doesn't have some sort of persistent account like Microsoft and Sony do.

To elaborate, this means that if you buy an Xbox360 and a game for it, then if you get an XboxOne, the game transfers up to the Xbone for free, because it was purchased by you. They're selling the game, not the game for a system, if that makes sense.

some times I wonder if nintendo actively wants to fail

Because I do not know how anyone would look at this and think they have a shot at success

I'm expecting a bit of a price cut and a 3DS-esque resurgence once the good games start coming out in 2018-- a resurgence that hopefully won't go away due to the Switch being their primary focus.

To elaborate, this means that if you buy an Xbox360 and a game for it, then if you get an XboxOne, the game transfers up to the Xbone for free, because it was purchased by you. They're selling the game, not the game for a system, if that makes sense.

To corroborate, Lost Odyssey was a free download during the last week of 2016; a Xbox 360 game that can be downloaded on both the 360 and Xbox One. If you only downloaded it on one, it's free-- period. I have it loaded on my Xbox One and could get it on my 360 if I wanted to, without a penny spent.

You do know that both Xbox and PlayStation give away multiple free games every month both Indy and AAA and it lets you keep them as long as you're subscribed to their service. While Nintendo's is not only giving away just one VC game from NES & SNES but you can't even keep it if you're still subscribed. Basically what I'm saying is you're getting royally ripped off if Nintendo's price isn't significantly lower than Xbox and PlayStation's.

No, I don't know, because like I just said, I don't pay attention to them. But that does sound more convenient.

Nintendo of America's Twitter just tweeted out a list of the games that are expected to be released this year!

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/819999478577057793

I don't see Fire Emblem Warriors on there so it looks like it's probably going to come out next year? Unless they're keeping it hush hush until the 18th to reveal the launch date for it.

Edited by carefreejules

Nintendo of America's Twitter just tweeted out a list of the games that are expected to be released this year!

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/819999478577057793

I don't see Fire Emblem Warriors on there so it looks like it's probably going to come out next year? Unless they're keeping it hush hush until the 18th to reveal the launch date for it.

It is a Sampling

First & Third Party Releases Sampling

abf352e1c9.png

I'm stoked for I Am Setsuna...though I just bought it on Steam. I can't believe it's hitting a Nintendo port.

Edited by Elieson

It is a Sampling

It's still a bit discouraging to not see Fire Emblem Warriors there though. Considering there was a teaser for it during the presentation, Nintendo obviously values it highly, so if it had been released this year, I'm sure they would've put it there.

Of course, it's better that they don't rush the game, obviously.

Xenoblade chronicles 2 getting a English release in 2017? Man is Nintendo finally localizing games at the same time in it's more niche series, mabye this means will get the next Fire Emblem at the same time! If it actually releases year I'll be impressed and pick it up between this Mario and Zelda will make this a good year. I now officially want more games than I can possibly purchase...